FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Divx/IxVid on Mac?

rein
Hey people,

For some time now, i've been looking around for a free solution to be able to play divx movies on an Apple computer (OsX installed). I'm a windows/linux user myself but i want to watch my movies at a friends house too.
Since the codecs are free to download for pc i didn't think this would be a problem, but all i have found so far are programs you have to buy!?
Why isn't Divx opensource (and thus free) on Mac? Does anyone of you know where i can find the solution to this?

Thanks.
gh0stface
I'm not sure what you're asking. I just visited divx's website and they offer divx for free for Mac's also... The codec is what is used to decode/play movies. Codec stands for coder/decoder.

Quote:

* Free 15-day trial of the DivX Converter
* DivX codec (with free 6-month trial of Pro features)
* DivX video playback support
* DivX Web Player

http://www.divx.com/divx/mac/download/?hp3macdl
rein
You're absolutely right. Embarassed i can't believe i didn't find that on my own.
Sorry to bother you with obvious things. I'm gonna try and find an xvid codec by myself now Wink
AhmedSalmanJamal
The codec definitely works Arrow
gh0stface
Problem resolved. PM me or any other moderators if you need this thread to be reopened. Smile

-Locked-