FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New actors... Please.

Hogwarts
I used to not notice it but I am starting to get very, very sick of seeing the same actors being recycled hundreds of times. Okay, they are good actors. But who cares? They are all the same. Once or twice, okay. 10 to 20 times.. no... What's your opinion?
pudovkin
I agree with Hogwarts.
There's tons of people who can act as good (or even better!) than the mainstream actors in the business.
A major example is "City of God", made mainly with unknown actors (who, now, are mainstream actors...).
SunburnedCactus
I think that is a very good point. Films coming out of Hollywood these days are always just recycling the same tired formulae; generic action film, generic "rom-com" and its just the same people on screen time after time. No wonder people don't go to the cinemas as much, they've seen it all before.
rip8fan1
The fact is, as long as they bring in the money, they are going to be working!! This has happened since movies began. You don't use Tom Cruise just because he has been used before. John Wayne was in a lot of movies, Charlie Chaplin, Cary Grant, etc. etc. etc.

Of course, I don't believe it is an actor (or actress), who makes the movie (all the time). Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman could not save 'Eyes Wide Shut' - no actor could have! But I don't think 'Ace Ventura' would have been the same without Jim Carrey.

I like the Harrison Ford's, Sean Connery's, etc., but I do go to a lot less movies now than I used to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mumpay
omg, what i'm really sick of is voice actors!!! seriously, there must be like 5 of them, and they almost all do at least 2 voices in every show. I'm SO sick of hearing the same voices for totally different character designs!
desertwind
Hogwarts wrote:
I used to not notice it but I am starting to get very, very sick of seeing the same actors being recycled hundreds of times. Okay, they are good actors. But who cares? They are all the same. Once or twice, okay. 10 to 20 times.. no... What's your opinion?

Well, take me. I'm in. Any connections with Speilberg ? Or you need new directors too ?

Wink