FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

UK Hip-Hop

brad31337
Hey,

I live in Australia and as such its hard to discover hip-hop groups from the UK. The ones I have heard of and like are The streets, Sway and The Mitchell Bros. If anyone can suggest any others to me it would be greatly appreciated.

Brad
Sebaci
brad31337 wrote:
Hey,

I live in Australia and as such its hard to discover hip-hop groups from the UK. The ones I have heard of and like are The streets, Sway and The Mitchell Bros. If anyone can suggest any others to me it would be greatly appreciated.

Brad

Do you know which hip-hop is the best? Polish and French hip-hop
jeremoi
I'm not too familiar with groups, but lately, I've been listening do a fair bit of dizee rascal and lady soverign.

If you want to be up to dat with all or any British music, I suggest BBC Radio and Top of the Pops.
brad31337
Sebaci wrote:

Do you know which hip-hop is the best? Polish and French hip-hop

Australian Hip-hop is the best, but I like some other stuff too. The Hilltop Hoods are a really good australian hip-hop group for anyone that may be interested
lyndonray
the only UK rappers I can think of are The Streets and Dizzy-something, can't remember the second part of name. The dizzy guy, whatever, isn't bad at all. He has a humorous video that reminds me of the old DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince's Girls aint nothing but trouble. The Streets is ok. But I have a hard time figuring out what he is trying to say with the accent and all.
Reikko
i really think that 50 cent is the best...that's my opinion...his style is awesome
Ramblerinos
im goign to go ahead and say it, all HIp Hop is pretty darned poor
Octaeder
Back when I liked Hip-Hop my two favourite UK artists were MArk B & Blade and The Nextmen.

There's a great remix of the Mark B song 'Ya Don't See The Signs' done by Grant Nicholas from Feeder that's worth checking out.

If you want to sample The Nextmen then check out the song 'Amongst The Madness'.

Never was a big fan of UK Hip-Hop simply because the majority of the artists when I was listening to it seemed to get hung up on how they'd never be as popular as US artists and how the market was against them. However talented the individual is, that subject gets boring very quickly.
Dj Redrum
If you want a group that speaks on real subjects insted of most of the pop hip-hip thats been around now for the past 6 years with all the Money,Cars,Women,Bling related talk i would recommand

Skinnyman and Phoenix Quarter, skinnyman is a solo artist from london and phoenix quarter are a group with members that are from the Midlands and london you can download there EP on there website for free which is worth getting as its only about 50mb. You can find that on here
in there Download section on the main screen.

www.phoenixquarter.co.uk
todabeat
I really on listen to US hip-hop, Not that mtv bet stuff, but real hip-hop the best Mainstream rapper right now has to be Lupe Fiasco, Awesome lyrics, incredible wordplay. Just come see the lyrics at my site, But if you are interested on some Real USA hip-hop go find Murs, Or the Whole Living Legends pack, Atmosphere (Slug) MF Doom, Danger Mouse, and Common Good stuff,

Will