FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SSI within php coded files

blackbart
By telling Apache to handle .shtml file through mod_include .php through the php interpreter I can't see a way to get ssi directive to be parsed correctly.
I have tried setting:
Code:

AddType text/html .shtml
AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml .php

along with
Code:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .html

Is there any way to do this?
Conversely;
What I am trying to achieve is to set "last_modified" to a date stored in a database. My articles are all stored in a DB with the creation date and I would like to render a file with that particular date, so folks load it the page information will show this date as last modified. This on another server and I can use Mod_reqwrite to present the pges as .shtml files if need be. Tried it.
Not workin'

Any one got a clue?
AftershockVibe
Not entirely what you're looking for but you might be interested to know I was looking at reading the "last modified" value a while back and then decided it wasn't worth the bother.

There's quite a lot of discussion on setting and reading of it here;
http://uk2.php.net/manual/en/function.getlastmod.php

It apparently has issues on anything other than Apache and even on Apache 2 may require a fiddle.

On the note of using embedded SSI, I would suggest seeing if you can get something obvious to work first... like an included file.

Also, if you find you can't get any of the above to work there is likely to be some hack you can use with JavaScript.

Good luck! Cool [/code]
blackbart
yeah not really sure it's worth it and have moved on to finish the project. Want the site to be crawlable and want the Rss feed to reflect the article publish date. Will use the date field when building the sitemap.xml and rss.xml files.
So is it worth it? Probably not. will I try when I have a few minutes or when the project is near completion and sick of debuggin? Yep. I've got both Apache 2 and 1.3 to play with but production will have to be 1.3. I just coded past the 1000 line mark today and everything else works as planned!! I'm happy. All the functions play nicely together. All my regex filters work as expected, Figger anotehr 600 lines of code and I ready to build a site around it!
If somebody's got an idea I'd love to hear it. But from the few hours I spent readin around the net thik it's more trouble than it's worth. if I get an anwer though, you guys'll be some the first to know!