FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Technology in the future

justonlyone
Technology in the future will develop more than now. It"ll modern technology such as a
computer, a car and a telephone.
A computer will use the battery. The computer program will control all thing such as the
car, the house, the bathroom and control the kitchen tool for helping human for cooking. In the future,
computer will accommodate you about doing everything.
A car in the future will move by a solar-cell. And the gasoline will have a low price more
than now. Then, people around the world will stop use the gasoline and it"ll unvalue in the future, too.
A telephone will use a light energy and unused an electric energy like now. A telephone
will carry to everywhere. A telephone which we use at home will non-network selection. All network of
the cell phone will join theri company altogether.
In the future our world will use a new technology for everything and human won"t do
everything by themself. The technology will assign human life forever more.
Panthrowzay
Or after a technology induce mishap everything is destroy and we star over. did think about that did yah
systemicerror
I think the hotest technology that will revolutionize the world is artificail intelligence. This coupled with automation will improve our designing and output in ways we only dream about now.
Electricat
I'd say that molecular manipulation is the biggest promise we currently have. The ability to manipulate and move individual molecules to create microscopic machinery will affect most fields of science and life.

Imaging tiny robots in your body, assisting your immune system, managing your digestive system (allowing you to eat beyond your needs without converting the execs into fat), repairing damaged tissues, delaying the aging process, maybe even backing up your memories.

Tiny machinery will change manufacture as well. You could own a device, sort of a garbage compactor that could take any refuse and divide it into its base molecules. Then another process could then use the stock of base molecules to construct something different.

You think you know the future of cell phones? Implants you say? How barbaric! I'd prefer taking a cell phone pill that would automatically connect itself to your brain? Why stop there? It could transmit your thoughts directly, effectively creating telepathy. You could view other people's memories (with their permission of course) or even see through their eyes! Imagine, when the first human walks on Pluto, you could share that experience directly.

Manufactory plants that could affect matter on a molecular level could create very high tensile materials. You could make a strand as thick as a human hair that could carry the weight of a building. Or paper thin and paper light spaceship hulls. We could finally realize the idea of the 'space elevator' (A massive cord, anchored to the Earth on one side and to an asteroid or space station on the other, with cabs riding up and down its length, easily carrying people and materials from the surface to high orbit)

We could use a process similar to embryo creation (where the blueprint of the entire creature exists in every cell and every cell takes its place according to that plan), where a microscopic army of machines work in unison to construct massive structures.

That would be useful... land on Pluto, break vial of Nano-factories and move a safe distance back and watch as they use the available material to build you a settlement (they might have to make some larger machinery along the way, but they could always recycle their bulldozers into computer screens).

I can go on and on about this stuff.... like, um... a collection of microscopic machinery would act like a fluid. You could have human sized robots that are completely fluid and can change shape to suit the current needs.

Or um... Tiny factories could create tiny microchips. A computer the size of a cell phone could contain the entire Internet, every mp3 ever produced, all other human knowledge and enough computing power to warrant artificial intelligence.

Ohh... I like this... I'm gonna go to bed and contemplate nanofactory some more.
varuncomputers
i think in future what ever we achieve will be a great deal..mean to say this needs... Technology is the must need for the latest generation. This has changed lot in 21 century. now a days the technology has completly changed when compared to the older days........NOw i m thinking about the technology improvement by me.
megastar
Electricat wrote:
I'd say that molecular manipulation is the biggest promise we currently have. The ability to manipulate and move individual molecules to create microscopic machinery will affect most fields of science and life.

Imaging tiny robots in your body, assisting your immune system, managing your digestive system (allowing you to eat beyond your needs without converting the execs into fat), repairing damaged tissues, delaying the aging process, maybe even backing up your memories.

Tiny machinery will change manufacture as well. You could own a device, sort of a garbage compactor that could take any refuse and divide it into its base molecules. Then another process could then use the stock of base molecules to construct something different.

You think you know the future of cell phones? Implants you say? How barbaric! I'd prefer taking a cell phone pill that would automatically connect itself to your brain? Why stop there? It could transmit your thoughts directly, effectively creating telepathy. You could view other people's memories (with their permission of course) or even see through their eyes! Imagine, when the first human walks on Pluto, you could share that experience directly.

Manufactory plants that could affect matter on a molecular level could create very high tensile materials. You could make a strand as thick as a human hair that could carry the weight of a building. Or paper thin and paper light spaceship hulls. We could finally realize the idea of the 'space elevator' (A massive cord, anchored to the Earth on one side and to an asteroid or space station on the other, with cabs riding up and down its length, easily carrying people and materials from the surface to high orbit)

We could use a process similar to embryo creation (where the blueprint of the entire creature exists in every cell and every cell takes its place according to that plan), where a microscopic army of machines work in unison to construct massive structures.

That would be useful... land on Pluto, break vial of Nano-factories and move a safe distance back and watch as they use the available material to build you a settlement (they might have to make some larger machinery along the way, but they could always recycle their bulldozers into computer screens).

I can go on and on about this stuff.... like, um... a collection of microscopic machinery would act like a fluid. You could have human sized robots that are completely fluid and can change shape to suit the current needs.

Or um... Tiny factories could create tiny microchips. A computer the size of a cell phone could contain the entire Internet, every mp3 ever produced, all other human knowledge and enough computing power to warrant artificial intelligence.

Ohh... I like this... I'm gonna go to bed and contemplate nanofactory some more.

really nice to have a member like you to share all these thing with us.

really as my friend said this site really rocks
squirrelmaster
that would be very helpful to have an actual all-in-one item, nano-metal transforming from a fork to a spoon/knive/screwdrive/toothbrush/hammer/flashlight/ anything else handheld.

but why stop there, you could have it not handheld but like a glove or something, or even better, one of your fingers is entirely made of this nano-metal stuff(lock picking anyone?), but of course you could still use the 'original' finger.
man, ur right this stuff really makes one think of all the possibilities!!! Very Happy
Traveller
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
mceejaydee
If you watched the History Channel they had this one program where it shows the scenarios of technology in the future taking over our world. One was about multiplying nanobots cleaning an oil spill then one nanobot malfunctions and eat us humans instead while it multiplys Rolling Eyes .
Lennon
I think of Bender from Futurama. Alcoholic Robot. Classic

Not just computers and metal. Think of genetic engineering. We will be able to manufacture copies of our organs, our liver, our heart, even our brain, so that if we ever need a spare organ we have an identical copy ready, supplied from our own genetic blueprint.

We already have steak that grows by itself in a dish if you feed it. We will have mammoth as a delicacy, an artificial breast that produces unlimited human milk, all genetic diseases will have a cure, cancer will be as good as the common cold, youth (your prime) will last until your mid-80's.

Society will no longer need God. Like the matrix you will program your brain instantly to learn love, empathy and skills that people normally take a lifetime developing. Religion is only for those with poor personality skills.

The third world will be left behind in the technological race and their economy will be further crippled as they cannot cope with such efficient economy and production in the first world.
squirrelmaster
Lennon wrote:
..Not just computers and metal. Think of genetic engineering. We will be able to manufacture copies of our organs, our liver, our heart, even our brain, so that if we ever need a spare organ we have an identical copy ready, supplied from our own genetic blueprint...

You mean like the movie 'The Island', or just the organ??
reddishblue
Lennon wrote:

Society will no longer need God. Like the matrix you will program your brain instantly to learn love, empathy and skills that people normally take a lifetime developing. Religion is only for those with poor personality skills.

Now that sounds scary
squirrelmaster
yes, it does now
but alot of things acceptable today sounded scary 50 years ago.
like the governments ability to track down anyone at any time, via credit card deposit, cell phone GPS, car GPS, and sattelitte imagery. (not to mention phone tapping, and house bugging.)
And RFID's are becoming more accepted in europe(i forgot which country).

It is the graduall step-by-step introductions that are degrading values so as to make it less noticable, we are trading privacy for security. (sorry got on my soap box again Rolling Eyes )

but yes technology will continue to get more complex and "better" in the future. Wink
aneotoena
Well we may improve our biotechnology capacities in order to actually make "live" things that work for us and without hydrocarbures wich means less global warming and less air pollution.
Just imagine "a neuron made" computer processor, working at human brain speed without using that much energy and generating all that heat. C'mon intel chairman would really need to find another job.
amicalindia
Lennon wrote:

Not just computers and metal. Think of genetic engineering. We will be able to manufacture copies of our organs, our liver, our heart, even our brain, so that if we ever need a spare organ we have an identical copy ready, supplied from our own genetic blueprint.

You can create entirely new body for yourself this way. Keep on renewing that body every few years. Planning to become immortal? Very Happy
Bikerman
IT folk, like me, don't like to make predictions because we've seen too many people end up looking like a dork. IT is full of predictions that went very wrong. Here's a few of my favourites:

'I think there is a world market for maybe five computers'

* Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

'I have travelled the length and breadth of this country and talked with the best people, and I can assure you that data processing is a fad that won't last out the year'

* Editor in charge of business books for Prentice Hall, 1957

'There is no reason why anyone would want a computer in the home'

* Ken Olson, Present, Chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977

'640K should be enough for anybody'

* Bill Gates, 1981

:-)
Chris.
benjmd
mceejaydee wrote:
If you watched the History Channel they had this one program where it shows the scenarios of technology in the future taking over our world. One was about multiplying nanobots cleaning an oil spill then one nanobot malfunctions and eat us humans instead while it multiplys Rolling Eyes .

Stargate ... the replicators ... enough said.
squirrelmaster
what about the stargate atlantis nano-replicators?
(for those who don't know they are nanobots that form together to form the shape of a human body, but each nano serves as a function to the whole just like the real human cells)

that kind of stuff(well either that or something like the hulk's regenerative system) won't make us need to 'grow' organs,
just take a pill of nanos and they are 'grown' inside us, without evasive surgery. Very Happy
redtigris
Philips has just developed a tv with 3D quality Smile

Its just as what u see in the cinema in disney world with michael jackson. It looks like you are in it Very Happy
carbenson
I think molecular engineering, and biotechnolgy with nonobots, are all very exciting, but the human condition never seems to change, whether you look at the ancient romans or any other civilation, greed and other vices of man seem to spoil the porrige.
I'm not a naysayer, but I think technology wont solve our problems. Exciting times yes, but without a change of heart, mankind will always have a dark side.
Jazradem
The human condition does change, but only for a short time. It always ends up the way it was.

Molecular engineering will play a major part in the future, but I don't think we'll actually have many development in the area. As far as I know, we can already do 90% of the stuff mentioned, we just need a better way of mass producing it/getting enough power for it to run.

With current technology and an near unlimited energy source we could have lightspeed travel, lightsabers and teleportation within a year. Unfortunately, that probably won't happen for a while so we'll be stuck making things more energy efficant like we're already doing.
FunDa
I really liked ElectricCat's post about nanobots. If these nanobots are a reality , then there is really no limit to what we can do with them. We could just design whatever we want using some CAD and just feed the details to these bots . They could make whatever we designed within minutes. In fact, these nanobots could be programmed to create more f themselves, thus 'propagating their species'
FunDa
Now, what if we program them with artificial intelligence ? What do we get ???
We get a new species of non-carbon based life forms. That which can think for itself, breed, multiply and what not. If their AI suddenly gets the idea that the world ain't big enough for them and humans , they might even get the idea to eliminate us. And since they are so small and numerous, they will be like a plague.
Lennon
squirrelmaster wrote:
Lennon wrote:
..Not just computers and metal. Think of genetic engineering. We will be able to manufacture copies of our organs, our liver, our heart, even our brain, so that if we ever need a spare organ we have an identical copy ready, supplied from our own genetic blueprint...

You mean like the movie 'The Island', or just the organ??

You can have just the organ or the more controversial human clone. Take the stem cells that are differentiated for just that organ, e.g. liver, heart etc. Culture the stem cells in vitro using a special matrix that allows the tissue to develop in 3D form instead of a 2D agar plate surface . These stem cells are much different to the embryonic stem cells involved in the ethical war because these stem cells are so far differentiated that they cannot produce a living human, just a living organ or tissue.

There's something about the brain that we don't know yet how the memories are stored in the Hippocampus of the brain. If we can figure that out we can create our own memories too. The memories are probably protein form, so if that's true you will be able to have selective memory by targeting or adding specific proteins to the brain tissue during therapy.

There are so many immuno-assays out there now, using lateral flow devices to detect the likes of pregnancy hormones (pregnancy kit), microbial infections etc. Already some of these lateral flow devices have been built into some clinical-trial custom-built mobile phones with a breath separator, so you could blow into this mobile phone and it could test for pregnancy, microbial infection etc, and automatically send the test results by text to your local doctor.

Imagine the mammoth was cloned and re-habitated. Of course you can't have a 100% mammoth clone but using SCNT you can have a 99% mammoth, 1% elephant maybe.

Ever heard of a luminous pig that glows in the dark? Check this out.
http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=143&art_id=qw113704470026B235

There are limitations to technology based on fundamental laws. Pluto is far too inhabitable at near Kelvin temperatures. Thrash compactor that break down waste into atoms or basic molecules.... maybe, but a refrigerator that works the opposite that heats up a house by running on electrity, that is not possible by thermodynamics.
hdfailure
justonlyone

Quote:
Technology in the future will develop more than now. It"ll modern technology such as a
computer, a car and a telephone.
A computer will use the battery. The computer program will control all thing such as the
car, the house, the bathroom and control the kitchen tool for helping human for cooking. In the future,
computer will accommodate you about doing everything.
A car in the future will move by a solar-cell. And the gasoline will have a low price more
than now.
Then, people around the world will stop use the gasoline and it"ll unvalue in the future, too.
A telephone will use a light energy and unused an electric energy like now. A telephone
will carry to everywhere. A telephone which we use at home will non-network selection. All network of
the cell phone will join theri company altogether.
In the future our world will use a new technology for everything and human won"t do
everything by themself. The technology will assign human life forever more.

where do you live man? in portugal a litter cost 1,378 euros, and in your country?

regarding to the post, there iss nothing new, every one knows that things will change in the future, more than in the past. if you look at midle age, it was during 1000 years almost stoped. or not? the frist computer ever made was inside a bilding, today a computer ocupies only a smal part of a desk.

tecnologs will change in big steps in shorts periods of time, and it will probabily make humans also diferent in aspect and thoughts.
healyrj
Quote:
I saw this idea on TV last year. It is a car that can run for about 200km on compressed air. It has been developed in France. After twelve years of reserch and development, Guy Negre has developed an engine that could become one of the biggest technological advances of this century. Its application to CAT vehicles gives them significant economical and environmental advantages. With the incorporation of bi-energy (compressed air + fuel) the CAT Vehicles have increased their driving range to close to 2000 km with zero pollution in cities and considerably reduced pollution outside urban areas.
As well, the application of the MDI engine in other areas, outside the automotive sector, opens a multitude of possibilities in nautical fields, co-generation, auxiliary engines, electric generators groups, etc. Compressed air is a new viable form of power that allows the accumulation and transport of energy. MDI is very close to initiating the production of a series of engines and vehicles. The company is financed by the sale of manufacturing licences and patents all over the world.
Bikerman
healyrj wrote:
I saw this idea on TV last year. It is a car that can run for about 200km on compressed air. It has been developed in France. After twelve years of reserch and development, Guy Negre has developed an engine that could become one of the biggest technological advances of this century. Its application to CAT vehicles gives them significant economical and environmental advantages. With the incorporation of bi-energy (compressed air + fuel) the CAT Vehicles have increased their driving range to close to 2000 km with zero pollution in cities and considerably reduced pollution outside urban areas.
As well, the application of the MDI engine in other areas, outside the automotive sector, opens a multitude of possibilities in nautical fields, co-generation, auxiliary engines, electric generators groups, etc. Compressed air is a new viable form of power that allows the accumulation and transport of energy. MDI is very close to initiating the production of a series of engines and vehicles. The company is financed by the sale of manufacturing licences and patents all over the world.

And just how do you drive the compressor to supply the compressed air ?
Let me guess....diesel compressor ??

Chris
squirrelmaster
no, it's just by compressed air, not sure how it works exactly but i think it's 100% compressed air driven, no diesel or gas engines to start it.
(unless theres a battery or something)

i found it at http://www.theaircar.com
venkateshwarans
Computers will be small enough to embed into your body. Games could used for healing. 3d projectors, tables being used as screens would be common. Internet speeds of hundreds of mbps could be seen. Robots do all the work. AI make robots behave like humans and much much more left.
RT Cunningham
I read through ALL of the previous posts and I really had to laugh. You people are dreaming. Many things will change and those changes will either make our quality of life better or worse.

I remember the introduction of the remote control for televisions, as an example. We used to have to get off our lazy arses and manually change the channel (to 1 of 13 VHF and a couple of UHF). If the knob broke, we had to attach a pair of vice grips in order to change the channel.

I watched both of my sons search all over for a remote for a TV that was less than 10 feet away, just to change it to the next channel. There's a channel button on the front of the TV.

So... that little piece of technology did NOT improve our quality of life, but made it worse. Laziness has become very normal for the younger generations.
Bikerman
squirrelmaster wrote:
no, it's just by compressed air, not sure how it works exactly but i think it's 100% compressed air driven, no diesel or gas engines to start it.
(unless theres a battery or something)

i found it at http://www.theaircar.com

Hmm....remain sceptical would be my advice. Battery technology is inherently limited by electrochemical factors and current lithium technology will not push the limits sufficiently to make it a solution to this application. Also remember that any battery system has to be charged and that itself can be polluting/wasteful.

Chris
squirrelmaster
No what i meant was with the aid of a battery, what powers the engine is the compressed air releasing. It is the main power source for the vehicle, the battery just controlls the release valve(i think, it might be mechanically attatched to the accelerator pedal), but either way it is the compressed air that really does the work.

And it's not just on the drawing board either, there are prototypes that actually work Wink
Bikerman
Quote right...sorry I was a bit dismissive.
It is more interesting than I thought when I skimmed the site.

I came across the following links when looking a bit closer
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2281011.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/988265.stm
http://www.beyondtomorrow.com.au/stories/ep17/frenchaircar.html

Looks interesting - potentially a niche market but quite a big one and certainly aiming at the green consumer and also anti-globalisation, so it can't be bad Smile

Chris.
venkateshwarans
Taken from a magazine - In a few hundred years, we might have life on mars. Research has been going on in the U.S about applying a huge greenhouse effect to planet mars. This will bring water that is deep below the surface of mars and make life sustainable on mars. Soon, life can be transplanted from earth to mars. Some asteroids can be used to bombard the planet to create such a huge green house effect. This idea will be first tested on asteroids, then on smaller planets and then on mars.
squirrelmaster
thats pretty cool Very Happy
hopefully it works in my lifetime Laughing , but who knows, cuz in america we are to suppossed to be back on the moon by 2015.

but then again, they promised the ISS to be complete by 2005(i think?), and it STILL isn't done yet. (but then there was spaceship columbia)
blooddrainer
one day we will be undeath, The world will be bueatiful and hi tech
osbits
I think Vitural Reality, Nanotechnology and Artifacial Inteligence are the most amazing technologies in the future. When the three techonolgy come ture, the whole world will be changed. At that time the life will be very different.