FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I'm sure hoping that there will be a linux release for Unrea

solarwind
I'm sure hoping that there will be a linux release for Unreal Tournament 2007. Anyway, the game seems more complex compared to previous versions. Some sites anticipate that a really good graphics card, a physics processing unit (yes, a physics processing unit) and a dual or quad core cpu will greatly improve performance. But my question is, why buy a three hundred dollar physics processing unit when you can get a symmetrical multiprocessing machine to the physics. Surely the smp machine will have more uses. And will Linux support the physics processor? Wait, what am I saying? Will Windoze support it? And will they make drivers for linux?
linkman2004
Anybody hoping a game like this will support Linux needs to stop dreaming. XD Linux is a development platform mainly, NOT a game platform. And as for your other question windows will indeed support the PPU, not sure about Linux.
Saryon
It's indeed a big dream to hope that ut2k7 will work on Linux. Windows is still the best gaming platform, not because it has the best stuff, but mainly because the developers only develop it for Windows, depending on the developer, they might do it for Mac too.