FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Parked and add on domains?

Hobbit
What is the difference? I used to think they were the same thing, but I guess they're not.
manumiglani
Parked domains

Quote:
Let's say you own abc.com, but you also own abc.net, abc.biz, abc.org, etc. You want these domains to also point to your same abc.com site so you "Park" them to your primary site. Another classic example for Domain Parking is if you owned one domain such as mycompany.com but for marketing purposes also used other domains like accountingservices.com or autodetailing.com,

addon domains

Quote:
An addon domain is a domain name that that points to a subdirectory within your account. For example, you may want innovation.org.nz to point to business.org.nz/innovation/. Addon domains must be registered domain names that you own and configured to point to your web site's servers.
Hobbit
Ok thanks! Anyone know of a paid host where you can have multiple add on domains and not pay extra?
manumiglani
Hobbit wrote:
Ok thanks! Anyone know of a paid host where you can have multiple add on domains and not pay extra?

Well they are avalable with almost every hosting company. They will list them with their hosting plan details or you can just email them and ask about it.

I am not too sure but i think www.hostgator.com and www.powweb.com provides addon and parked domains with their hosting accounts. ASk them before you buy from them.
Hobbit
I do but they try to trick you! In the end you have to pay like 30/month to host two websites.