FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

imax

edallica
ne one ever seen an imax film? if so what do you think?

i saw one the other day and i dont know what to make of it. i was kind of impressed with some of the three D effects but i couldnt help but thinking that there wasnt much point in the film other than to show off some effect that, lets face it has been around since jaws was in three D. its a bit better but there has not really that big a step on, most of the films are based on the same effects, moving on a rollercoaster etc. and havein to wear those rediculous glasses- what year is it again?

let me know your opinions on imax guys, would really appreciate it.

cheers.
Vrythramax
I can only speak of the ones in my area, but they are very cool. 3D screen that's like the size of a 3 story building and the sound is awesome!

Well worth the time Very Happy
SNES350
When I had the opportunity to watch an IMAX film, it was some lame documentary type film, which could not ordinarily hold my interest. It was in middle school when we went (as a class) to watch one. Despite the film not being of any interest, I was interested in its presentation. The greater immersion of the film made me interested in seeing more fast sequences on the huge screen.
alkady
I've been to IMAX many times for Class Field Trips back in Elementary school, I've seen the one on Polar Bears, 3D Roller Coaster Ride and this one about Dino's.
cfackler
IMAX films are definitely very cool. The huge screen and awesome sound make everything seem lifelike. I've seen both documentary type films and regular "movies" in IMAX, and it makes every type of presentation much better.
Rookiejas
In Aus Imax is cheaper then normal cinemas!
Which is really good, cause imax has better screens.
dz9c
lol duh IMax has better screens! Their flipping huge!! The 3D ones are pretty cool too might I add. Just dont take the 3d glasses off or its all wierd and stuff . Not that you would but yea IMAX is pretty sweet. Everyone should go there at least once in their lifetime.
myrevolt
I saw Fantasia 2000 in an I-max some years back. Considering the entire movie is dependant on the sound score, I think the surround sound experience was excellent. that and American philosophy is "bigger is better" (although I tend to disagree especially in terms of SUVs)
Soulfire
I saw the blank screen... 4 stories (around 40 feet) high. Talk about huge! I've never seen such a massive screen before.
iridios
You should try the Omnimax theatre in the science museum in Chicago. Pure sq footage may be less, but it's a dome that wraps around you quite a bit more.

It throws part of the image into your peripherial vision which should trick your mind even more.
alkady
dz9c wrote:
lol duh IMax has better screens! Their flipping huge!! The 3D ones are pretty cool too might I add. Just dont take the 3d glasses off or its all wierd and stuff . Not that you would but yea IMAX is pretty sweet. Everyone should go there at least once in their lifetime.

Oh ya, When you take the glasses off it gets all blurry, I couldn't see that well without the glasses.
coolclay
I love Imax movies more then any other. They are sooooo cool. Instead of just watching movie you get to actually experience the movie, which is incredible. I have seen so many Imax movies I can't even remember them all.
Itachi
I have seen one and it was awsome. all of those speakers and everything and the huge screen it was one of the best movies i have ever seen.

~Itachi