FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Remote Admin

dz9c
Anybody know any VERY easy remote admin programs? I want to be able to have one computer be admin, the other computers in silence mode or some mode where its not detectable. I would try mosucker but that takes a long time. Remote Adminisitrator 2.2 is kind of cheezy and I dont understand the silence mode instructions. Thanks.
Animal
dz9c wrote:
Anybody know any VERY easy remote admin programs? I want to be able to have one computer be admin, the other computers in silence mode or some mode where its not detectable. I would try mosucker but that takes a long time. Remote Adminisitrator 2.2 is kind of cheezy and I dont understand the silence mode instructions. Thanks.

I can recommend RealVNC for remote admin because it can be used cross-platform (ie. on Linux, Unix, Mac and Windows) and there is a free version available. I don't think it can work completely silently (undetectable) but it only shows a small icon in the taskbar. It can also work with full encryption across the internet, but you may have to upgrade to a paid version (only about $30) to do so.
cheeta
May be log me in Pro is a good option...

but i dont thing it has any silent mode option.. coz i have seen if some one controling the system A by remotlly and u try to comtrol system A from desktop... the system will log of...

anyway Check out details

http://www.logmein.com
dz9c
Hey sweet thanks for the suggestions! I will look into both of those Smile
vicarious
If you are connecting to a windows box, I would concur on using a vnc variant (tight VNC is probably the fastest responder), but if you are using a Linux bos as a server, you can get , as far as I know, the fastest remote connection by using NX protocol. You can download a desktop server and client from www.nomachine.com, The server must be linux, but the client can be used from a winbox or a linbox. Spend a little time to read the sites info, you will learn alittle, and be amazed alot Shocked If you like the NX desktop server, but hate demos, you can buy it, or go with the free opensource freenx server from http://freenx.berlios.de/

The proxy suggestions are good for those who do not want to configure a server however, but come with a monthly fee that , if you get tired of it, may have you back in the forums at step one again.Of course there's rdp (yawn) of you're using XPpro.
pudovkin
I like to use Remote Desktop Connection, since it's native from XP.