FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Make Pages load in Firefox faster





Manwho
1) Open Firefox
2) Type this into the address bar: about:config
3) Right Click and select New > Integer
4) Name the Integer: nglayout.initialpaint.delay
5) Put the Integer's value to: 0

What this does is that it tells Firefox to wait 0 milliseconds before loading the page so the page loads extremly fast.

I hope this works, because you can never be sure. Just say whether there was any difference or not.
Stubru Freak
Manwho wrote:
1) Open Firefox
2) Type this into the address bar: about:config
3) Right Click and select New > Integer
4) Name the Integer: nglayout.initialpaint.delay
5) Put the Integer's value to: 0

What this does is that it tells Firefox to wait 0 milliseconds before loading the page so the page loads extremly fast.

I hope this works, because you can never be sure. Just say whether there was any difference or not.


To wait 0 milliseconds before starting to display the page onscreen, to be more exactly. This is not always desirable for slow CPU's as the page layout has to be reformatted every time a new piece of information is loaded.
bigtone
I just checked the configuaration of my firefox, and it already is zero. So why is it a tricky? Or because I just installed the fasterfirefox extension?

Anyway, thanks for trying to help others.

Quote:
1) Open Firefox
2) Type this into the address bar: about:config
3) Right Click and select New > Integer
4) Name the Integer: nglayout.initialpaint.delay
5) Put the Integer's value to: 0

What this does is that it tells Firefox to wait 0 milliseconds before loading the page so the page loads extremly fast.

I hope this works, because you can never be sure. Just say whether there was any difference or not.
Stubru Freak
I think it's the fasterfox extension.
dz9c
Yes I believe the fasterfox extension takes care of that Smile
Master-
Fasterfox takes care of it. Very Happy

Better extenstion then that is hard to beat.
Donutey
Master- wrote:
Fasterfox takes care of it. Very Happy


dz9c wrote:
Yes I believe the fasterfox extension takes care of that Smile


Stubru Freak wrote:
I think it's the fasterfox extension.


lmao...

So did anyone actually notice a difference in load times for pages on firefox?
Stubru Freak
Donutey wrote:
Master- wrote:
Fasterfox takes care of it. Very Happy


dz9c wrote:
Yes I believe the fasterfox extension takes care of that Smile


Stubru Freak wrote:
I think it's the fasterfox extension.


lmao...

So did anyone actually notice a difference in load times for pages on firefox?


I did when I installed Fasterfox, but if you don't have fasterfox it would be useful to change this manually.
oskuro
Thanks for the trick Cool
paurna
i don't see much of a difference but thx for the suggestion anyway
Manwho
Well I was just trying to help,

whats fasterfox?...can i download it from Firefox's website?

EDIT: Just downloaded it, thanks for this, I didnt know abt it since I only check out themes, not plugins or extensions
The_Gamer294
dean
Thanks for the trick , and i see some difference in opening the pages now , its faster but not a lot . Thanks
Transponder
thx but i dont see a difference Rolling Eyes
Talk2Tom11
I do see some what of a difference... Just a little though
exarkun
Yes, now my pages loads up in a flash, and it saves me a lot on time on waiting. However, others net application that are opened at the same time seemed to be slowed down...
vicarious
I read about this in another thread, but it was suggested that you needed a broadband connection for it to do any good. I was getting frustrated with trying to browse while downloading an endless update for my Ubuntu distro, and upon reading it again here, I decided to impliment it. I feel like I can see the difference, or maybe it just makes me feel better. Laughing It does seem to help. 56k and a free ISP, I can get all the help I can get. It was nice to learn how to access firefox :about Thanks for the tip. Am I a lazy man that manages to learn somehow, or a smart man that knows how to save his energy? Like how many licks it takes to get the center of a Tootsy Pop, The world may never know. Wink
Related topics
Make Firefox Faster
Speed Up firefox
Configuring Multiple Home Pages in Firefox
Frihost web hosting features you wish in the second year
Server 2 problems?
Google Web Accelerator-A free software to load pages faster.
Make Firefox Faster
*OFFICIAL* Which Browser do you use?
How To : Improve Your PHP Programming
.::Avatars::.
Tweaking your 56k dial-up modem!
Boosting the performance of IE6
Tips I have had success with...
Something to say that can make my pages look better ?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Software

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.