FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rabbit Anyone?

mrbofh
Hello, have you got a rabbit? You even know what rabbit is? Razz
It's cute litle animal, worth of your love! I have 1, it's a female, her name is Joey! She was pergnant twice, but all her babies died... Crying or Very sad
Mumpay
I have a rabbit, she's 5 years old. We got her from the humane society, already spayed so very mellow and at low risk of uterine cancer (please please get bunnies spayed and neutered).

She's also fully litter trained and runs around the house and sleeps by my computer chair all day with me Smile
mrbofh
heh... i haven't trained my rabbit yet. It is 3 years old. Is it dificult to train it?
sorry for my english:P
Crinoid
We had a black bunny in the past, when children were small. Went to bazaar with intent to buy food and instead returned home with this rabbit.
What was curious:
- it was fairly aggressive, considered his pen as own territory and jumped out on humans to drive them away,
- we have taken it at weekends to the pine forest near the city, let it run freely, walking nearby, then opened his traveling bag - and rabbit come inside by own will. Very unusual.

About training: I'm thinking more in terms of mutual cooperation then obedience training. Usually it works. Now cat walks on leash, where it is not safe to walk on one's own.
jwellsy
I love rabbit with plenty of butter and garlic, especially tame rabbits.
Sometimes I'll make buffalo rabbit legs.

Rabbits don't make very good coats because the fur falls out too easy.

I've had several buddies get rabbit fever. So, when I go hunting with freinds, I'll shoot rabbits but I let the other guys take the wild rabbits and I take more birds.

Did you know there are at least 3 different kinds of rabbit fever symptoms?
abcxyz1
I used to have a lot of. Nice animal Razz
nigam
we used to have a rabbit before...it is so nice to see running in our backyard...so cute to watch at them..
deanhills
jwellsy wrote:
I love rabbit with plenty of butter and garlic, especially tame rabbits.
Sometimes I'll make buffalo rabbit legs.

Rabbits don't make very good coats because the fur falls out too easy.

I've had several buddies get rabbit fever. So, when I go hunting with freinds, I'll shoot rabbits but I let the other guys take the wild rabbits and I take more birds.

Did you know there are at least 3 different kinds of rabbit fever symptoms?

Shocked Twisted Evil Laughing The closest I've come to rabbits over the last year has been a chocolate bunny. I still wonder at those creations, as it is one kind of chocolate I'm not very partial to eating. But yes, they are cute. I doubt I would ever be comfortable eating them though. I don't like venison, and if I get to meat, think lamb is more up my alley.
jwellsy
I never did care for the hollow chocolate easter rabbits, always felt cheated that they were hollow and crumbled in your hands.

Tame rabbit is a lot more tender than their wild cousins, they taste better because of the better feed and are much less likely to be carrying a disease.
deanhills
jwellsy wrote:
I never did care for the hollow chocolate easter rabbits, always felt cheated that they were hollow and crumbled in your hands.

Tame rabbit is a lot more tender than their wild cousins, they taste better because of the better feed and are much less likely to be carrying a disease.
Are they being farmed in your area? Feel sorry for the little blighters, but that must be inspired by the fact that we usually look on them as cute and as pets.
jwellsy
deanhills wrote:
Are they being farmed in your area? Feel sorry for the little blighters, but that must be inspired by the fact that we usually look on them as cute and as pets.

Yes, rabbits are raised all over the world as a food source.
The pet rabbit market is a fraction of the rabbit trade.
http://www.wikihow.com/Raise-Rabbits-for-Food
I buy a dozen at a time that are already skinned/cleaned and ready for the freezer for $25.
That's what most people that raise rabbits do with them.
jabce85
my friend used to have the laziest bunny ever.. by the time it was about 5 it had to weigh close to 20 pounds.. do people not let their bunnies out to play around?