FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can't get Mambo installed

Chris24
I can't get Mambo to install correctly. I get it running basic web template up. But, when I go to edit the content it won't allow me to do so.

Says I am missing a /tmp file. Have tried 4.6 and 4.5.3 to no avail keep gettting the same error. Which leads me to believe it might be server side isssue. Is there a /tmp in php that maybe wasn't loaded or accidentaly deleted by myself.?
If anyone can help me out here it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, what type of web programs do you guys use for t his hosting given by frihost. Just trying to gauge which ones work.....?
Diebels
Chris24 wrote:
I can't get Mambo to install correctly. I get it running basic web template up. But, when I go to edit the content it won't allow me to do so.

Says I am missing a /tmp file. Have tried 4.6 and 4.5.3 to no avail keep gettting the same error. Which leads me to believe it might be server side isssue. Is there a /tmp in php that maybe wasn't loaded or accidentaly deleted by myself.?
If anyone can help me out here it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, what type of web programs do you guys use for t his hosting given by frihost. Just trying to gauge which ones work.....?

Just create a tmp folder in your servers root, this will fix your problem Smile
n0obie4life
You can't create a folder in the root.

The /tmp/ folder may be fulll, we have to ask Bondings to remove the stuff in it.
devroom
i use joomla and i dont use /tmp. It isnt necessary i think.
But grab joomla and forget mambo. mambo is dead......
Diebels
n0obie4life wrote:
You can't create a folder in the root.

The /tmp/ folder may be fulll, we have to ask Bondings to remove the stuff in it.

I mean of course in the public_html folder Wink
Bondings
Try to change the permissions of that file. It's the first time I hear about it.

The /tmp/ directory of the server is normally not full, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Chris24
Couldn't figure it out, tried to create a folder /tmp but to no avail it still would not load. I think that is the reason I couldn't edit content.

Deleted mambo and installed Joomlo, worked like a charm. Have used mambo before but I think I will stick to Joomla from now on. Much easier and I like the control panel. More user friendly than mambo.