FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

cool online relationships

sujan
ya
through internet also a relation can be made. there is no boundries for it. there can be relationship fron india to indiana and from okhaldhunga to oklahama so there is no limit
Mental2k
WTF? A deep and meaningful, and needless to say sexual, realationship cannot be happen accross such long boundaries. Accross countries its even harder. You may be able to IM people and so forth, but you can know only what they want you to know. Truthfully a web relationship is okay for a biut of cyber and perhaps some self esteem, but in the end it will really count for nothing, i'm afraid.
Subsonic Sound
I don't agree. It's true that you can't have a physically sexual relationship over such distances, but there's no reason it can't be deep and meaningful.

You say "you can know only what they want you to know.", but why is that anymore true online than in real life?

Bearing in mind the popularity of voice-chat and webcam programs.
jaysen
What i don't understand is how can you possibly truly know the person over a long distance relationship? All you ever get to know about them is what they want you to know, and nothing more... if you see the person all the time there are many things you learn that you would never possibly learn otherwise.. so of course they "work" if thats all you want from a relationship. But to me, that's not even a relationship.... that's simply talking to someone of the opposite sex.
Subsonic Sound
It depends how open you are with ther person you're talking to - and with voice and video chats, it's pretty clear when people aren't being open. Its true that you do only see them in one environment, which is a little limiting, and it can be hard to work round that. But it's possible.

I certainly wouldn't want to keep a long distance relationship up indefinitely - it's just going to cause angst. But as a starter, or for a while in the middle, there's nothing wrong with it.
HoboPelican
I gotta agree with Subsonic. I think you can have some pretty important relationships over the net. I've seen guys spend hours at a time, everynight, chatting with a girl they've never seen in RL. I think over time, they got a reasonable sense of the other person.

But maybe we are all using a different definition of "deep and meaningful". I know that these guys were in love. I have every reason to think the girls felt likewise. Was it deep and meaningful? Lord, if you know of a way to be certain about that, let me know. Smile I have been mistaken about that so many times in real life, it's funny.
windrei
if the love is really pure, without any body touch or sexual contact for both sides, then i think it's workable. Why do you need love ? you want sombody to take care of and yourself being comfort too. Although they cannot see each other in face, wordings by mails or chatting is also a good way to express your concerns and comfort and love. i don't see it's a problem. The main concern is that, both sides need to have the same thoughts and trust each other. Otherwise, the relationship cannot be last for long.
ColdFire
Quote:
Was it deep and meaningful? Lord, if you know of a way to be certain about that, let me know.

what about the online "love calculator"? i hear its pretty accurate. Laughing Laughing Laughing
mantasx
I think it's kinda stupid how people would ever have realation ships over the net! What's the point? You are probably never going to meet the person anyway if the person is living in another country. I think realation ships are kind of fyzical. Confused
HoboPelican
mantasx wrote:
I think it's kinda stupid how people would ever have realation ships over the net! What's the point? You are probably never going to meet the person anyway if the person is living in another country. I think realation ships are kind of fyzical. Confused

Dude,

there is just the slight chance that, in the future, you might find that there is more to a relationship than just the physical. Smile Getting old changes you in ways you can't even imagine Laughing
Mental2k
you dont have to be old to want more from a realtiondhip, just mature. Heh, lord knows I'm not far off 20 and I'm perfectly happy with the girl I have even if nothing more physical ever happened between us again, but net realtionships are just a completely different kettle of fish, IMO anyway.

I guess people are different and looking for different things, but for me a real relationship has to be with someone you have at least met once. Though I guess meeting on the internet first does give you the ability to get round the old "first impression" issue, as you do have a bit of past.

But its too easy to lie a bit about yourself on the internet, tell little white lies that may get out the longer the relationship goes on, little things that could lead to cracks developing, and ruining the whole shebang.

I guess this is true of real relatioships too, but I just feel like the temptation to do it is much greater in a so-caller cyber-relationship.
mr rogers
i met the girl i love online so all the power to ya!
Bender1337
what a lozer. do u cyber with her? Nerd!
Devang
sujan wrote:
ya
through internet also a relation can be made. there is no boundries for it. there can be relationship fron india to indiana and from okhaldhunga to oklahama so there is no limit

if you meet her/him in person then and then only then you can have some frutiful relationship. but you mentioned very big geographical locations!! Wink
darrenpaul
I really don't think you can have a R'Ship with someone online, I mean it lacks the fundamental principal of a R'ship, that of meeting the person, learning everything about them, looking forward to the next time you see them, and of course the physical element!!
I do however think you can meet great people online, and really build up a great friendship to a certain degree.
UlrikeSE
People shouldn't speak like they know. It's very possible, it happens everyday.

Everyone is mentioning geographical distance, but how is the distance greater when your in a bar talking to a new person? Your about as far away as a person at a bar then in a chatroom, relationship wise. You can't know anything about the person, where they live or how far the live away, it's this introductory period that fills us in. So, as you can imagine, this introductory period happens over the internet...and people lie about themselves, much like they lie about themselves in real life. The internet only provides a deeper ability to lie, but honest people will always be honest.

This relationship stage is short, and I don't personally think it could last long. Unless both people are willing to give up a sexual/physical aspect, and are comfortable soley basing their relationship over a wire. Then whatever floats their boat, not saying it's totally impossible, just improbable. All relationships on the web or in real-life have a low % of success, and high % of failure soley because of differences. The % may lower further in this scenario, but the possibility never vanishes.

I met someone over the span of a year, after a long line of failed relationships from r/l. I knew it would be temporary because my physical need is to great. Finding someone isn't impossible, but never getting together like a regular relationship is...rare. The majority of my "fruitful" relationship was formed over long distances, and I appreciate it. It's usually the physical aspect that comes first, and if these series of events had not occured the way they did, i'd be short one great person.
sumangurung
I think olinni relationship is good for some and bad for others. I guess, it just reflects the attitude of the person in another way.
But in some cases, it is good to note that people are able to express more to someone they haven't seen.
skygaia
I think we can make good relationship through internet.
I know it's not strong relationship than real..
There are some benefits to make relationship on the internet.
People can make an image what they want on the internet. Real friends knew my figure, habit and characteristic...
Sometimes I want to change my characteristic but it's very difficult because my friend in real life have already kind of prejudice to me.
But it's simple on the internet. I can be shown to others as a figure what I want.