FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Doctor Who or Star Wars?

Which do you like better, Doctor Who or Star Wars?
Doctor Who
41%
 41%  [ 21 ]
Star Wars
41%
 41%  [ 21 ]
Both
11%
 11%  [ 6 ]
Neither
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 51

dwcnps
So, Which one is it? Doctor Who or Star Wars. I prefer both, but which one will you pick Question
schudder
How can you POSSIBLY compare the two?

Star wars is... well, everyone knows what it's about.
Doctor who is about a guy, who calls himself The Doctor, who has the ability to travel through time and space to fix things or whatever.

Apart from the scifi aspect, they have nothing in common.
So... both Razz
HDirtwater
I absolutely agree. This poll is asking us to compare apples with shotguns. The two are not even remotely alike. Personally, I've never watched a lot of Dr. Who, but I've seen all of the Star Wars movies in the theatre. On top of that, Dr. Who is a TV series, that is difficult to see (except for the new series) in the US.

I can't imagine many informed responses to this one.
angelussum
Lol, I don't get the comparison either.

I haven't see much of Dr. Who, so I'd have to pick Star Wars. The new ones are amazing graphically.
dwcnps
Hey thats why I decided to put up a poll, because it's like comparing apples with shotguns. It's werid but I like comparing things with doctor who, because where I come from not alot of people like Doctor Who so I decided to see what you guys think, anyway, alot of people use starwars to compare doctor who but I like both of them, besides, people can't just like one thing Rolling Eyes .
squirrelmaster
Doctor Who got my vote, (new series, didn't see old one)
but i don't like the fact that you have to wait a week for a conclusion(really like the storyline)
don't know how they are going to get away from those gas mask-beings.
thinking something to do with the sister of the first one, not sure.

anyway, i still love starwars, but it isn't a real part of my life cuz ive already seen 'em all.
dwcnps
Do you live USA because your talkin' about the 2005 series which came to USA in 2006. When it reached USA it made the official doctor who website go Helloooooooo America Laughing
SGbilder
Had to pick Star wars because I never heard about the doctor.. Who is Doctor Who?
Nameless
I'd prefer Doctor Who over starwars anyday.

dwcnps wrote:
Hey thats why I decided to put up a poll, because it's like comparing apples with shotguns.

Yeah, but shotguns own apples.
redhawk1044
I would have to say that i would prefer Star Wars. This is taken into consideration taht i have never watched dr. who. I think that star wars has to be one the best movie series ever created.
Sadow
I definately voted for Star Wars. Did you ever wanted to be a Sith or a Jedi? Did you ever wanted to join the Galactic Empire? and maybe become Dark Lord and Emperor? Check out the Star Wars Combine. It's a free online RPG/community game with hundreds of active people from all over the globe. Just google for Star Wars Combine and you'll find it.
talonsmallville
Im so Star Wars Fan - I loved the complete saga, all episodes, than They have my vote. Laughing
Sadow
talonsmallville wrote:
Im so Star Wars Fan - I loved the complete saga, all episodes, than They have my vote. Laughing

You can now be a part of it... just check out the Star Wars Combine.
But be warned, it may absorb a substantial amount of time...
Wink
Traveller
HDirtwater wrote:
This poll is asking us to compare apples with shotguns. The two are not even remotely alike.

Couldn't agree more. In addition, why is Red Dwarf not it the poll (or a lot of others, for that matter)?

Muddy (i.e. Dirtwater), I couldn't have said it better - good job.
Sadow
The question is not to compair, the question is what we like best.
So... it would not have to be alike...
I like a mouse better than a mountain...
MeddlingMonk
I prefer Doctor Who (though I don't mind Star Wars either).
Sadow
I actually loved Dr. Who quite a lot. Especially with Tom Baker. These episodes with the demon seeds were really scary to me. I was 9 years old at the time, and all alone in the dark, with my mum out to work and my father already in his bed, I sometimes really freaked out turned off the TV and then ran to bed to hide underneath the blankets. Laughing
Blu_Spykz
I'm a huge doctor who fan, and a moderate star wars fan.

I voted Doctor Who, because ... well because its fantastic, actually.

I'd have voted both IF they hadn't of made Phantom Menace & Attack of The Clones (or, atleast, made them MUCH better)
Dean_The_Great
I voted Star Wars hands down... but I'm going to have to reference the original films only... those prequels kind of left the taste of disgusting cough syrup in my mouth...
medievalman26
Star Wars all the way. It is awesome that it has been around for so long. By the way Han shot first!
allwords
Doctor Who Forever! Great story and great actors! I love him! Laughing
reddishblue
medievalman26 wrote:
Star Wars all the way. It is awesome that it has been around for so long. By the way Han shot first!

Doctor Who has been around since the 60's...how's that?

Anyway, I like both of them, but, Doctor Who has far superior stories, and far better characters, so I vote for it. I always look forward to Saturdays, for another installment.

Star Wars is OK, I like it, but it simply is too large, and the prequil wasn't very good, not to mention the not so interesting characters.

Reddish
Peterssidan
It looks rather spamy here. anyway. I dont know dr who so I pick Starwars
molif
STAR WARS..
medievalman26
reddishblue wrote:
medievalman26 wrote:

Doctor Who has been around since the 60's...how's that?

Anyway, I like both of them, but, Doctor Who has far superior stories, and far better characters, so I vote for it. I always look forward to Saturdays, for another installment.

Star Wars is OK, I like it, but it simply is too large, and the prequil wasn't very good, not to mention the not so interesting characters.

Reddish
I know, the prequels were horrible the only semi ok one was III but even that was bad. My best friend and I watched on opening night. We almost died because we started laughing at the part were Vader goes "NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!" I know it is supposed to be sad but it is hilarious. You can't deny that the original trilogy had an unbelievably good story line to it.
Zaini711
We can't compare any two movies. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone had different taste. A bad movie to us might be good to someone else. Saying that, everyone is entitle to be a critic....
Blu_Spykz
Zaini711 wrote:
We can't compare any two movies. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone had different taste. A bad movie to us might be good to someone else. Saying that, everyone is entitle to be a critic....

TRUE... and I like the way you didn't answer :p
kiran_n444
i prefer star wars..just becuz of the 3rd one that had the craziest fight scenes.
warriorpoets
Two entirely different universes and styles of storytelling...

But I love them both. David Tennant and Chris Eccleston are both awesome, and I :heart: Rose Tyler.

That last episode "Journey's End" really hit me... the acting is way better, but I was born and raised on Star Wars, and have to say I'm attached to my Jedi, Sith, lightsabers, space fights, Stormtroopers & droids. So I voted for both.
fox2000
didn't even know this Doctor Who
So i go with star wars! they design the space ship real good

may the force be with you
Radar
26 years of classic series and so far 4 year of new series....vs 6 movies....hmmm....

Doctor Who - because it is awesome, and has countless years of history, all of which is spent with the same fundamental character.

I mean, I hold Star Wars up there as much as the next sci-fi fan, but there's only so many times you could watch the six movies.
dude_xyx
Star wars. I prefer star wars story line to Doctor Who. Also I think star wars gives you more fun with all spaceships, planets, fighters and robots.
schooldays
Never really been a fan of Doctor Who. And no matter how much George Lucas has tried to destroy them, the first three Star Wars films are classics. If you ignore the pointless special effect revisions, the poor prequels, and annoying spin-offs.
slashnburn99
good question old trilogy over doctor who

David Tennant kciks butt, im not a doctor who fan at all, grwoing up in 70s was quite scary!

But David Tennants doctor who is netter than the new trilogy of star wars, Can`t believe i just wrote that!

"George, where did it all go wrong?"
evilgeniuself
Although I love both Star Wars (except the current one released) and Doctor Who, and comparing them to apples and oranges (as everyone else has mentioned), I prefer Doctor Who. They have done a successful job of keeping an engaging plot for as long as they have, even when they were unable to air. I also enjoy things with time travel, but that's just me....
sana618
Star wars... because i like the romantic part of those movies, both with skywalker and the queen and also with hansolo and princess Leah. i specially liked Hansolo played by harrison ford.
blk3
I'd go with Star wars on this one.
chartcentral
Star Wars, since I am not even aware of Doctor Who. Smile
Omega-hotelomega
allwords wrote:
Doctor Who Forever! Great story and great actors! I love him! Laughing

Hear hear , surely a more apposite comparison would have been Star Trek v Star wars ?
Denvis
I've never seen Star Wars, never seen Dr. Who so I chose neither. Hate Star Wars! I've seen those geeks that dress up as some black guy and having those glowing sticks. I will never watch ...
Ryox
I'm not a star wars fan, but I like watching both Smile