FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What shouldn't you do/where shouldn't you take a first date?

ylmun
So,

I was having dinner with friends at a barbecue place and as I'm chowing down on a big mess of ribs and licking my...fingers and belching after each swig of beer, it dawned on me. This would not be the best place to take a first date.

Unless you want to make the first date the last date. I mean, you've got all that barbecue sauce on your chin and bits of pork ribs between your teeth. Attractive!

So I'm wondering if anyone has any other good places that you shouldn't take a first date or what shouldn't you do on a first date (you know, like talk on an on about your ex or ordering spinach over dinner or admitting that mom has to approve all the women that you go out with).

Anyone?
jaysen
well, its like they say... when you first meet someone you are not really meeting them, you're meeting thier representative. in other words, they're on thier best behaviour, and not doing a lot of things they would normally do or consider fun. It's almost a mild form of lying if you think about it, but obviously impressing the person is pretty important too.
I don't think the rib place would be a bad idea though, depending on the girl of course... some like getting a little "dirty" so to speak, and you can always um.. help clean them up a litle if things get a little messy.... ( if you know what i mean)
That and it may just help break the ice....

obviously though, if she happens to be a clean freak, or a bit uppity, it may not be a good idea at all. anyway.. but either waqy, i would suggest cutting down on the belching lol
HoboPelican
Ahhh, take her to the BBQ. Let her see the real you right away!Smile

Seriously, I haven't a clue as to what is good or bad. The 3 best relationships I've had all started with pretty weird "first dates".

Hitching and getting picked up by a girl on a BMW cycle. We spent the next 2 days driving though the state.

A memorable first date with my present date where I set the table on fire with a flaming Pupu Platter. Very Impressive Smile

And the third will not be discussed. Laughing

I think the location of the date itself is not critical, just how the 2 connect.

Of course, a strip club is really taking a chance!
ylmun
HoboPelican wrote:
The 3 best relationships I've had all started with pretty weird "first dates"...Hitching and getting picked up by a girl on a BMW cycle. We spent the next 2 days driving though the state.

Hello? That's not weird, that's COOL!!!

HoboPelican wrote:
Of course, a strip club is really taking a chance!

However, if she's cool with the strip club, or better yet, gets into it, you've got a keeper!
lyndonray
You can either play it safe and do ice-cream or coffee or something. Or you can be bold and take her to a peep show. I think leaning towards the ice-cream would be a safer bet. You want a date where you can be yourself but also control your bad habits, and i know we all have lots of them. as i guy I like stuff like adventure golf (put-put) because its relaxed and even the most athletically inept moron can leave feeling good about himself! Lots of opportunities to check her/him out. it's a nice environment.
ylmun
lyndonray wrote:
I think leaning towards the ice-cream would be a safer bet. You want a date where you can be yourself but also control your bad habits, and i know we all have lots of them.

Ok,

I think this subject is mutating. I'm not asking for what you SHOULD do on a first date. I'm asking for what you shouldn't do. I wanna hear all the bad habits and mistakes we've all made. You know, like getting spinach stuck in your teeth.

My thing that I shouldn't have done was I fell asleep while she was talking (unfortunately, it was during dinner and not while we were in bed Laughing )

What can I say? She was a talker. On and on and on. I remember someone saying as a guy, on a first date, you should be inquisitive, draw her out and have her talk so at least she knows you're interested in her. Well, this woman did not need ANY drawing out.
CrimsonStrange
Something you really shouldn't do if you can possibly help it - If you're gonna throw up, do try to at least turn away from her/him, so you don't wind up puking on their shoes.
alkady
Yikes you really blew it, You should have stuck with something basic, Coffee at Starbucks for Example, Atleast there you wouldnt have BBQ sauce on your chin, Then eventually move up a notch and hit the movies and in my opinion, I guess I watch too many movies, Invite her to breakfast at one of those Breakfast Specializing Restaurants, Like Tutti Frutti, I dont know if that restaurant Chain has operations in your area and next time you invite her for dinner, Stick with a menu that isnt messy, Steak or something like that. Try someplace Chic and not cheap. Doesnt have to be 5 star.
Blaster
Never take a girl on the first date drinking with the guys. That is the worst thing you could ever do.
alkady
Blaster wrote:
Never take a girl on the first date drinking with the guys. That is the worst thing you could ever do.

Do you mean like liquor? Or Coffee?
Blaster
liquor find your self drunk and acting stupid. Not a good way to strat a relationship.
HoboPelican
Blaster wrote:
liquor find your self drunk and acting stupid. Not a good way to strat a relationship.

Yeah, she'll probably wind up with one of your friends!
Citizen Kane
Not many places to NOT take a girl or things you don't do... I think there are more choices of women than choices in things not to do or places not to go. and on top of that, the places no to go depend on the type of girl you're dating.

I need't take my last girlfriend to a restaurant. She preferred McDonnalds of Burger King. everything that costs money scared the shit out of her. Greedy S.O.A.B.

So it depends all on who YOU are en who the GIRL is!!!
HoboPelican
Ok,
Citizen Kane makes a good point. Women are as different as us guys in what the like and don't like. But, I think I have THE answer of where NOT to take a girl on the first date.

Your first wife's birthday party. Laughing

Ladies, tell me if I'm wrong!
Citizen Kane
HoboPelican, seems like you have some experience!! Surprised Very Happy
Scorpio
Citizen Kane wrote:
Not many places to NOT take a girl or things you don't do... I think there are more choices of women than choices in things not to do or places not to go. and on top of that, the places no to go depend on the type of girl you're dating.

I need't take my last girlfriend to a restaurant. She preferred McDonnalds of Burger King. everything that costs money scared the **** out of her. Greedy S.O.A.B.

So it depends all on who YOU are en who the GIRL is!!!

More likely a DOAB than a SOAB Laughing
AtcPhoenix
movies in general....

especially "House of 1000 Corpses"

*cringe* That poor girl didnt even think i was human after i watched taht comedy with her.

-R
Citizen Kane
scorpio wrote:
More likely a DOAB than a SOAB

Indeed!! although, she could have been even a S.O.A.B, if you knew how she acted. She was unemployed and I was doing my workplacement. so she was at home, all day on msn, just sitting on her f*t behind, wayting for me to be online. I have a busy job so I need my rest. And then she starts picking on me that I don't have enough time... I practically GAVE her the keys to my house!!

So that's a NICE example of where to take the girl. I needn't take her ANYWHERE! (glad I got rid of that one... didn't love her in the end anyways. So much as disliked her even!)

My advice: if you want to take the girl somewhere: ask what she wants.