FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Vista looks... choose your favorite...

What version do you like?
1st
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
2nd
33%
 33%  [ 9 ]
3rd
48%
 48%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 27

Xeniczone
I have found some screens of vista in it's early stages and wondered What you guys think of it.

First version:

Second Version:

Third and maybe final version:
Animal
I'm going to leave this one open for now since it's a comparison of the three screenshots above. However, please note that general Windows Vista discussion (ie. discussions not related to the images above) should be placed in the Official Windows Vista thread.
Xeniczone
I knew that discussion was there I wasn't sure if to put it thier or not It didn't seem to go along with it and I knew if I posted wrong then someone would just delete it.

Thanks,
Xeniczone
Rocky3478
The 2nd one, I think. All they really look like though is Windows XP with a new skin and transparency.
sircrojicek
i would prefer the 2nd option, even when i hate windows and i hope to never install vista... Twisted Evil i've had really traumatic experiences with win... Razz
Master-
3rd one for me. Think it looks best! Wink
Xeniczone
Sorry forgot to mention this:

I picked the first one.
It is kind of origanal. Very few oses use 2 menu bars.
The second and third one are... Gothic like... every thing black Shocked

But mainly the 3rd one copys a lot of features from mac. Sad stupid theft bill gates. Sad

O, and what is with the backgrounds on the 2nd and 3rd one. Out of focus pictures of grass Rolling Eyes cool Rolling Eyes
djcaution
Since the screenshots are all of different things it makes it hard to pick one... I like different parts of each one so I cant choose any.
Xeniczone
why not take the 3 images and edit them into a picture that you like?
Xeniczone
Maybe something like this?

Helios
If this is Vista, it's ugly!

Macintosh looks a lot better.
Xeniczone
They are all offical screens from microsoft. I have used the beta 1 (the second screenshot)
Commando_Sondre
I like best picture 3.
But why does all think that its Bill Gates that is the problem? Its the developers that creates Windows now, not Bill Gates. He's just the boss in Microsoft.
brad31337
I'm not sure when these screenshots were taken however Microsoft Anti-Spyware has been renamed "Windows Defender". Bill gates must have put that one into his crappy name generator and found it more suitable. You think a multi-billion dollar company could come up with some cool software names. "allyourspywarearebelongtous" I dunno.. this is probably spam soz.
screamingdecay
The 3rd one looks all right, but I rather wait and see the themes when Vista comes out in a few months.
{name here}
I'd use none of those themes. I'd use the base OS with the plain microsoft standard GUI, one of the options I remember vista could run on if you don't want to use Areo - the Vista GUI system, on their site. I don't like fancy shmancy GUIs with theme managers, but still not overly simple GUI's like Plan 9's rio(8 1/2). A gui like the WorkPlace Shell is good for me.
Xeniczone
Yeh, I'm some matter I really don't care what the os looks like because I normally never see it. I'm either playing a game or not at my computer or doing some nice programming.

the only time the theme of the os really matters is if your someone who does something on the computer that involes you ALWAYS looking at the os.
raman
I would prefer the first one out of those 3 designs.
Xeniczone
YES, someone who agrees with me Very Happy
n0obie4life
I prefer the third image.
selim06
yeah i think the 3rd one is the best but i think there should be better themes...
Srs2388
3rd. is my fav.
I also agree it should come with more themes in it
amitojduggal
i also go with the third, its aero glass beta 1 theme and it really rocks, i used tranformation to change its looks in windows xp , it is great
nerdmaster128
Love the third one, and I am ready to explode waiting for the awesome transparency effects. *vistagasm*
Xeniczone
Since everyone likes the third one I'm going to try to remake it in vb and post it here to replace your origanal start menu on your computer.
nealio1000
the third is the most recent. i think it is build 5308 or 5342 but it doesn't matter because microsoft is redoing mos of vista
Xeniczone
build 5259 look in the bottom left hand
cheeta
hay allways consider the footnote just avobe the start bar... only the 3rd one seems genuine to me... other footnotess??.. well have u ever seen any MS vista comming with those??

anyway... me always liked the default view... but the blue kind a theme is also not bad...
kelvinpoon
The third one is the best!It looks good
Xeniczone
all 3 are genuine. The only reason the 3rd one is the most genuine is because it is the one that copies mac os x the most lol.
exarkun
No matter which one you like, I mean, we can still change them by using WindowsBlind right? I love that software man, hope it can works with Windows Vista...
loosu
The Second theme , looks more professional , when noting the CURVES & edges .
avk
the 1st one is good as it has its originality.
Rest are somewhat copied!!1
kernel_geek
I swear that it is starting to look more and more like kde Very Happy
Xeniczone
The first one does look kind of like KDE. The second one has a lot of features of Mac and The third one has even more features of mac.
CyanEyed
wow, number 3 look | kool so thats what vote 4