FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

pen drive

manumiglani
I want to buy a 128 mb pen or flash drive. Which one will you recommend ?
Donutey
Make sure it supports USB 2.0 for faster transfers, other than that go for the lowest price, because read/write speeds probably won't matter that much when you're buying a small(er) drive like that.
psycosquirrel
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820233025

Only $10 + shipping.
ForceRun
Go for a larger one like 1 gb for $40 or so.
photon
if u really dont want a lot of space, there is a corsair voyager 256mb flash drive for arnd $15. very fast and reliable..
Sebaci
Make sure that the Pendrive is USB 2.0, but High Speed, not Full Speed. It's very important. You must know what kind of pendrive you need - fast, looking cool, indestructible, small or with good equipment. I reccomend you to buy at least 512 MB, it would be great to buy 1 GB. Dont waste money for 128 MB.
psycosquirrel
Well, it depends on his needs. I have a 16Mb CompactFlash card that I use all the time for backup and transfer of text files. I have never filled it. On the other hand, I have a 1Gb SD card for my MP3 player, which is almost full. If he only needs the card for school stuff or basic file transfer, he most likely will not need that much space.
seanooi
I think by now, 128mb pendrives are sort of "not widely used" anymore. People would normally go for 256mb or higher. But no matter what, it still depends on how do you want to use it. What do you want to use it for?

As for me, I stopped using pendrives about 2 years ago and am now using a 2.5" protable hard disk. Might sound bulky, but not really a big problem to me as I need those space for my files. Laughing
manumiglani
seanooi wrote:
I think by now, 128mb pendrives are sort of "not widely used" anymore. People would normally go for 256mb or higher. But no matter what, it still depends on how do you want to use it. What do you want to use it for?

Well i just need to transfer my c and c++ source files, important text and html files. So I do not think that I need more than 128 of space. Thanks for your answers guys.

I am thinking of buying samsung's 128 mb flash drive. Any experience with samsung's pen drives ?
Sebaci
manumiglani wrote:
seanooi wrote:

Well i just need to transfer my c and c++ source files, important text and html files. So I do not think that I need more than 128 of space. Thanks for your answers guys.

I am thinking of buying samsung's 128 mb flash drive. Any experience with samsung's pen drives ?

If I were you I would buy Kingston Data Traveler 128 MB