FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

free .com?

shisamandisa
any one know if i could get a free .com domain?
benjad
Some paid hosting packages will offer you a "free" .com domain with the purchase of their hosting packages, but in reality, they are still paying for the .com domain. I believe verisign is the TLD holder for .com , and they charge ~ $8/yr for the domain.

So no, but some companies may bundle things together, and offer it to you for "free".

----
Always remember, [search] is your friend.
Animal
Firstly, please search before posting:

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-31171.html

However, you are probaly not ever going to get a free .com domain. Some companies use referral services (not allowed on the Frihost forums) for you to gain "points" and when you have enough points, they give you a free domain. However, a load of Frihosters have been disappointed in these types of schemes because they rarely work.

The deal is that .com domains are usually around $8 per year. In order for an advertiser to give you a free .com domain, you need to "make" them more than $8 per year to make it worth their while. This will be very difficult to do, and you are unlikely to succeed.

You would be best to just buy your own domain because they are pretty cheap at the moment, and if you don't have a credit card, you'll be able to find several registrars that accept PayPal.

-close-