FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem installing a news system

Ohsakm
I have installed a phpbb forum in my web, I have installed it without problems, but now I'm trying to install a php/mysql newes system, but I can't, my question is: Why have I installed phpbb forum withut problems, and now I can't install de news system???
mathiaus
We can't answer that unless you give us more info such as to start with, what news system, have you folled the readme/guide, uploaded everything, chmoded, created the database? You need to tell us what you have done, where you've got up, the exact problem and do you recieve any error messages?
Ohsakm
The news system is phpnews 1.3.0, I have follow all steps, but when I put the databasename, databaseusername and databasepassword, it give me an error, saying something chmod 777
thpn
Then you need to change the files to the 777 permissions.
Ohsakm
ok, but how can I do that??
thpn
Do you have DirectAdmin? If you do, go to the folder where you uploaded the files and then check the box on the right side. Go to the bottom and you will see a 'set permissions' button. Next to it is a text box with the number 755. Change that to 777 and press the 'set permissions' button. If you have cpanel, I can't help you.
Ohsakm
yes, i have directadmin
thpn
Read my post before yours, I edited it.
Ohsakm
thank you, I've just installed it