FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mission Impossible 3

mafiarocker
is it worth seeing becuase I saw the trailer and I don't really get it
HDirtwater
You're not supposed to "get" the trailer, it is only supposed to get you to want to see the movie. Usually, the trailer has nothing to do with the plot of the movie, and often times it is actually misleading to get people to see the film. If you want to see it, go see it.
alkady
Well MI2 Wasnt as great as MI, So I'm guessing yes it will suck. Sequels are usually crap because all the good things have already been taken by the first movie.
gr3gg3r
I'll see it anyway. The first one is definetely better than the second, I mean come on, almost all of the originals are always better. But I at least hope this one is worth seeing.

From the scenes I have seen in the trailer I think it will be good. Only a few more weeks until its release and we shall see. Smile
Nameless
Although, you have to wonder by the third movie whether the mission is really impossible. Perhaps it should have been called:

Mission Realistically Possible 3
Mission Somewhat Possible 3
Mission Impossible 3 - Stretching the Definition.
Missioning Possible 3

etc.
rajhank

I have seen the trailer and man it rocks.

Hope I was there in the movie.

Nevertheless, hoping to catch it on its premiere day itself.
Scorpio
I saw the trailer months ago.

I cerrainly will see the movie

I xpect it to be atleast mind blowing even if the story sucks
rein
especialy with all the things he's been doing and saying recently i can't imagine watching a Tom Cruise movie and 'believe' the character he is playing. You're not watching Ethan Hunt .. you're watching Tom Cruise. i don't want to watch Tom Cruise.
ryanh2006
I think that its gonna be a great popcorn flick but I can't stop thinking about how I am gonna be able to stay focused to Tom without chuckling out loud due to the constant replay of the Oprah incident in my head! Wish me luck guys Laughing
Hogwarts
Nameless wrote:
Although, you have to wonder by the third movie whether the mission is really impossible. Perhaps it should have been called:

Mission Realistically Possible 3
Mission Somewhat Possible 3
Mission Impossible 3 - Stretching the Definition.
Missioning Possible 3

etc.

I dunno... Like with decent series like Scary Movie and LOTR (In LOTR I liked 2 more then 1... Don't ask why). But who knows, it could actually get better.
lyndonray
I think its going to be good movie with some nice action sequences. But its not going to change your life. you probably won't come back the following evening to watch it again. You probably wont tell your girlfriend to go to hell when she tells you the DVD isn't worth buying - get Ice Age instead!

Its definitely going to make more than 80 million bucks, but i think all the weird press tom cruise has been getting has been a buzz kill and therefore compromise the earnings. he's been acting very strange and that doesn't help. That's why I will be disappointed after the movie because Katie Holmes didn't make a cameo in the middle of an explosion!!
pudovkin
I've got traumatized after watch MI-2.
The scene Hunt explode a door and pigeons get into the room (in a cave!) are one of the worst scene of the World Cinema.
So, I believe the producers will made a film as much worse as it's predecessor.

PS: De Palma's MI-1 RULEZ!
Impulsion
In my life of watching movies, I have never seen a move as crappy and dumb and stupid as Mission Impossible 3. A piece of advice that I can give to make the movie better is to replace Tom Cruise, I mean give me a break. The guy is gay. Its all an act! Replace him and put someone else into his spot. Personally all action movies like James Bond and Mission Impossible and all those crappy spy movies piss me off.
First of all, their is no way someone like Jame Bond and Tom Cruise can jump off a building over 80 times and live. They do it spontaneously also, im not a movie critic, but i rate this movie a 0/10. No props to MI3
BCP88
Wednesday it's in cinema here in Belgium.

Maybe I go watch it on saturday. I really like the first two movies.
skynet
Well.. We will have this only in the next few days... I think that I'll see the movie, cos what i heart, it's gonna be good movie.
Proxy.Jumper
I think that it would be a good movie to see because I have seen the other two and I thought that they were pretty good.
angelussum
I don't think I'd be able to see it without thinking of Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch. Gah.
r_y_e_20
mafiarocker wrote:
is it worth seeing becuase I saw the trailer and I don't really get it

yeah, i was kinda excited at first knowing the sequel would be released. but when i saw this trailer, it just annoyed me.
megastar
SORRY ALL YOU GUYS OVER THERE. ACTUALLY I AM N THE IMPRESSION OF THE OTHER WAY ROUND.

THAT IS THE 2ND PART WAS BETTER THAN THE FIRST. SO I THINK THE 3RD WILL BE BETTER THAN BOTH OF THEM.

SOME BODY SAID ALL THE SCENES THAT MUST BE TAKEN HAVE ALREADY BEEN TAKEN BUT I IFEEL WITH DIFFERENT THINKING ANY THING IS POSSIBLE..... Cool
saravana
can some one tell me when is it going to be released Question
picsite
HDirtwater wrote:
You're not supposed to "get" the trailer, it is only supposed to get you to want to see the movie. Usually, the trailer has nothing to do with the plot of the movie, and often times it is actually misleading to get people to see the film. If you want to see it, go see it.

I agree....the trailer only acts as a preview into what the movie will be about. If you don't understand the random clips taken from the movie it doesnt matter because thats what the movie is there for
paurna
when is the movie coming to india.really looking forward to it.
Scaramanga
Am I the only person who thinks that Philip Seymour Hoffman is a terrible choice as the villain?!?

Also, what I think I used to enjoy about the original series (and to a certain degree, the first film,) was the ensemble. It shouldn't be about Tom Cruise, it should be about everyone doing their "thing". Otherwise it becomes not much more than an empty-headed Schwarzenegger-esque action fest, all focusing on Cruise.

The only thing I AM glad of, is that J.J. Abrams is directing this one. Because as much as like John Woo, the second film was just terrible (as have most of Woo's American films been, sadly.)
eddy
it realy good movie i see the trailer and it's rocks !!! Smile
DeFwh
i think its going to be pretty good
Kai
It looks kinda bad with the new director and all
HoboPelican
Scaramanga wrote:
Am I the only person who thinks that Philip Seymour Hoffman is a terrible choice as the villain?!?

Also, what I think I used to enjoy about the original series (and to a certain degree, the first film,) was the ensemble. It shouldn't be about Tom Cruise, it should be about everyone doing their "thing". Otherwise it becomes not much more than an empty-headed Schwarzenegger-esque action fest, all focusing on Cruise.

What he said! I also liked the TV show and you're right, the ensemble cast really was the soul of the show. The Cruise versions lost that and for me, he can't pull off the hero role well enough to carry it.
Revvion
sorry to say this but i think its crap compared to the first movie, the story is almost nowhere to befound. Like most movies these days its more about special effects and more explosions and they forget the story.
Alan S
i saw it last friday , it was my first time seeing a mission impossible movie and i thought it was quite good , the effects were brilliant especially the part on the bridge , well worth seeing , i'd give it 9/10 the only bad thing i'd have to say about it is it seemed a bit unrealistic
macfly
I saw it last sunday. I've never seen n1 et 2. They're so good that I should remember if I had seen them. I've been impressed with n3 and appreciated the movie. My daughter has seen the three films and says N3 is a good one. That's what I think too.
neosree
MI3 is the most awaited movie in hollywood, I think. Many of my friends said this movie is very very thrilling than the past ones. I dont have enough time to go to a thertre, so i am waiting for the DVD release. It will be a very long wait for me, but I am used to it. So now I am going to watch some other movie DVDs.
Scorpio
Alan S wrote:
i saw it last friday , it was my first time seeing a mission impossible movie and i thought it was quite good , the effects were brilliant especially the part on the bridge , well worth seeing , i'd give it 9/10 the only bad thing i'd have to say about it is it seemed a bit unrealistic

Hey, the action, stunts and the special effects are the things we can be worried about..

Worrying about anything else is at our own peril Very Happy
roeenoy
Great Movie!!

I saw it last week and it was great

the girl is very preety lol...

i love the movie desription in yahoo

ATTENTION PLEASE:
Has someone got the audio of the main part in the movie?
i want it to hear again
it is great

thanks if you have
Deviatorz
Well from where I live, on the newspaper they gave it a rating of 3.5 out of 5 which is pretty low in my opinion. All my friends watched it and said that it was a god movie. Usually if the movie is crap I still watch it anyways because I'm a movie fanatic lol. So yea I'm going to watch it. I guess watch it only if you watched the previous MI's because you at least get some idea of whats going on. If you don't really like the MI's then this isn't your movie. Go see scary movie 4 because that movie is hilarious lol, but not as good as the old ones lol.
shaggly
I saw it last week, and I have to say that it was a pretty good movie, surprisingly enough.

Now, I have a sad confession to get off ym chest first. I am one of those people who actually thinks that Tom Cruise is a damn good actor. The Last Samurai cemented that proof for me.

There. Now, back to the movie. I thought that the action scenes were very good, as you would come to expect from MI movies. I would have to say on balance that the plot was a little better than that in MI2. In actual fact, the only grumble that I do have is the final piece of the ending. The last 2 minutes of the film was, I thought, absolutely bloody stupid compared to the rest of the movie.
driftingfe3s
I'm planning on watching this today. I don't remember the first two at all though.
Kai
Me too I plan on watching it today or within the next couple days, aparently its a good movie. Judging by the profit of it. It certaintly tripled the actual production cost which was a biggey. Anyhow I hope its good
hodgenpodg
i saw it the night it came out and that it was fantastic...sometimes a little hard to believe...but its a movie...if you like action movies i say go see it
pexivee
It definetely topped the MI2: the plot was better, action sharper and - oddly enough - Tom Cruise didnt die. Will there be MI4? Will they ever reach their honeymoon destination?
Traveller
Even though I detest Tom Cruise, there are some roles in which I like him, and MI:II was one of them. Frankly, I think the second movie was better than the first. In particular, as a long-time fan who watched the original TV series when it was new (yes, I'm that old), I consider the first MI movie completely unforgivable, since it made Jim Phelps out to be the bad guy.

So, I sincerely hope that MI:III turns out to be as good as or better than MI:II.
dexterius
I really liked the series. Then first film was good. But after some time i started to dislike Tom Cruise's films ... then second was was really boring. And i think that 3rd film will not be better, but there is always a chance.
Hippie
its not good - it sucked. They need to realize that the reason the first one was cool, is because they did team work, they snuck in and stole stuff. Now its just a Tom Cruise fest. He just runs in and kills everyone and blows everything up by himself. Thats also why the TV show was cool. Sure special effects are cool....to a point, and then when everything is blowing up everywhere, it becomes not so interesting. A good review I heard: "This movie is a wild success if you consider the accuracy with which Tom Cruise gives his best impression of a human Ferrarri"...actually i'm not sure of the exact wording of that quote, if anyone can call me on that...