FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Company?

Zuex
I was thinking, should i make my own company? Where i create webtemplates, then sell them at a price. I mean, loads of people are getting cash out of it, i just need the right connections.
It would be called ww.Zuex.net [Domain isn't brought yet]
Laughing
Your opinions?
sky
And you need some great design. Zuexdesign.net would be a better name.
Scorpio
Zuexdesign or Zuexdesigns does indeed sound better than just zuex.

You should first offer quality templates at low cost and then increase it as your customer base grows.

In each of your templates insert your name and web address as comments in the source code and request them to give credit to you in the footer or something.

Since templates quite easily are selling around 40$ in lots of places, cheaper and equally nicer ones will get you a lot of benefit
oneightwo
i don't think you need to actually set up a company (and pay all the extra taxes, etc) to sell templates (layouts) online. Just do freelance. That means you're working for yourself, and you just do contracts. ie; a company requests your services and you give them a price, and if they except you do the work, and they pay you!

and templates can go for atleast $40, as scorpio said, so that would be very profitable for you.
dz9c
You must have some pretty good skills to sell templates at $40. Good luck my friend! Smile
alkady
The most important aspect in naming a business is that the word is simple to spell, remember and has to be catchy other than that, The Web Template Market is quite saturated right now, You'll need a breakthrough just to get it off good.
Mr Smith
I think that www.zuexdesignsthatownalloftheotherdesignsontheworldwidewebsoha.com/sorrydidntwantittobethatlong.mybad.html

Far more appropriate!
Blaster
Mr Smith wrote:
I think that www.zuexdesignsthatownalloftheotherdesignsontheworldwidewebsoha.com/sorrydidntwantittobethatlong.mybad.html

Far more appropriate!

Good address. Rolling Eyes

I think that something small is good. I would also offer free cheap not so nice ones too. Start out selling them around $20. As you get more customers then start to slowly go up. And don't make an actuall bussiness out of it. Just do it and have them pay for it. You dont' want to have to deal with taxes and all of that fun stuff now do you? Smile
mae1strom
Seems like a good idea to me. You have any examples of your work?
TeenZine
Zuex wrote:
I was thinking, should i make my own company? Where i create webtemplates, then sell them at a price. I mean, loads of people are getting cash out of it, i just need the right connections.
It would be called ww.Zuex.net [Domain isn't brought yet]
Laughing
Your opinions?
You should start off by selliing them in the market place
Traveller
You could even market it by saying "Welcome to the Zu!"
bluedragon
High quality startup portfolio needed. Where is it?
Scorpio
As said earlier, dont establish a full fledged company and stuff.

Create a site and a payment gateway first

Offer free stuff for every template( small stuff like free logos etc)

Offer personalized templates

KEEP A LOW PRICE TO START WITH
frozenhead
Well, my circle of friends and I attempted to a start a firm just like what you want (A Web Design Firm). We have some problems regarding how to run it so we ended up doin' it in freelance. It's nice you have that goal, keep it up!
Zuex
Well, i've got the domain now.
Zuex.net
Zuexdesigns .. Just seems too long, Zuex.net nice and simple, a great example is Zymic.com, now, it isn't ZymicDesigns.com now isit? Well i guess saying i've got to have a good start in the market place, thats also true, i'm working on everything at the moment.. I got my school reports back yesterday, and lets just say i've got the Red Lights. Those of you who don't know, i'm in year 8.

Previous work, i reformatted my computer, otherwise i would have a few examples, i'm doing proffesional templates, i might soon be switching to flash. Learnt some stuff in that Smile . My host is having down time (Paid host) So i might just use my frihost one forever. I'll update you guys if you wish, whenever i've got something up and running finally ect Wink
*EDIT: Also i would like to just say i've sold a few templates already.

Thanks.

- Zuex
bluffmango
thats a very good idea u hav got there...
alkady
scorpio wrote:
As said earlier, dont establish a full fledged company and stuff.

Create a site and a payment gateway first

Offer free stuff for every template( small stuff like free logos etc)

Offer personalized templates

KEEP A LOW PRICE TO START WITH

Also keep a low profile increase from time to time, Perhaps a $1 increase per half year. Most people won't know, But keep it competive and don't charge too much, Reputation is one thing, But not a reason to overcharge because you made it.
Blaster
The key to any good bussiness is the price. A guy may be selling a templete at $60 but you may sell 3 at $30 If you are smart you stay under everyone else.
izimngcubes15
Yeah that's good, but try learning grammar? Just kidding. However, it would help in making a new company. The designs should be both simple, unique, and cool looking and easy on the eyes.