FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

cd not booting

manumiglani
Well, i am using a intel chip with windows xp installed on my computer. But when i enter a bootable cd into my cd/dvd drive, it does not boot. I have tried it with many bootable cd's and dvd's but its not working.

Any help or suggestions ?
Animal
You need to set your BIOS to try to boot from the CD before the Hard Disk.

To do this, restart your computer and before Windows starts to load, there should be a message on the screen with the name of your PC manufacturer or BIOS maker that says "Press F2 to enter setup" (or something similar - not always F2). Whatever key the message tells you to hit, hit it before the "Windows loading screen" is shown. You'll then be in the BIOS settings. Look around for "Boot Sequence" (or something similar) and move your CD ROM device above your hard disk in the boot order - make sure the hard disk is still boot enabled though.

Hope this helps!
manumiglani
Animal wrote:
You need to set your BIOS to try to boot from the CD before the Hard Disk.

To do this, restart your computer and before Windows starts to load, there should be a message on the screen with the name of your PC manufacturer or BIOS maker that says "Press F2 to enter setup" (or something similar - not always F2). Whatever key the message tells you to hit, hit it before the "Windows loading screen" is shown. You'll then be in the BIOS settings. Look around for "Boot Sequence" (or something similar) and move your CD ROM device above your hard disk in the boot order - make sure the hard disk is still boot enabled though.

Hope this helps!

Thanks it worked. Actually I was also not able to kind the key which should be pressed to change the bios settings. Its F2.

Close the topic if you want.