FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Cursing on sponge bob?





Hobbit
I was just talking to this friend and she said "dude my bro was watching spongebob and he said SHIT!"

I'm unaware if that is true, has anyone seen this? If it is true then I'm dissapointed to what this world has come to. Bad words have slowly lost its meaning. I remember the word ****** was very offensive like 5 years ago, now my friend and I call each other that.

EDIT: Oops I guess there is a filter, the first word is "poop", and the other use your imagination.
Blaster
Well yea they do say shit and the F word and stuff like that. That is one messed up show. They censor it out btw.
Hobbit
Lol but it's on Nickelodeon(spelling ugh). I used to watch Nick when I was growing up and I never saw any words like that.
Yazz
That is rather messed up. I used to think that show was for children, I watched it twice and realized how disgusting and inappropriate it really is. I can't believe it has such a following, it's disgraceful.

-Yazz
ChaosMike
umm...could someone explain in what ways spongebob is disgusting and inappropriate? Confused

I highly doubt spongebob ever uttered a curse word (excluding that episode where they censor supposed words, meaning he didn't say it), and if that were the case, the FCC would be on it before you could say "wardrobe malfunction." Wink
Blaster
FYI spongebob was made by to gay guys. So there is a lot of inaprioate stuff. stuff kids wouldn't notice.
ChaosMike
I was expecting the "gay conspiracy" of spongebob to come up Rolling Eyes

Care to provide some examples on those "inappropriate" things you noticed while watching spongebob that those sneaky homosexuals managed to slip in the show?

EDIT: Also, why does it matter if they are homosexual or not? You think anyone who's gay has a homosexual agenda against you?
yule
The curse is not one kind of black magic? I have have heard, very fierce, Shocked Shocked Shocked
Blaster
ChaosMike wrote:
I was expecting the "gay conspiracy" of spongebob to come up Rolling Eyes

Care to provide some examples on those "inappropriate" things you noticed while watching spongebob that those sneaky homosexuals managed to slip in the show?

EDIT: Also, why does it matter if they are homosexual or not? You think anyone who's gay has a homosexual agenda against you?

To guys sleeping together.... need i say more?
screamingdecay
The show was funny when I was yonger, I watch it I guess when my nepthew is. Its all right, I wouldent die not watching it. I say that show, they were using the F word and maybe the B word? haha I was like wtf..?
thegamecreator
please people im a firm believer cussing should be brought up slowly with children and i think that episode is very funny

and if you have a problem with the show and little kids

read the ratings


*bump* *and kind of Flamed* lol
screamingdecay
thegamecreator wrote:
please people im a firm believer cussing should be brought up slowly with children and i think that episode is very funny

and if you have a problem with the show and little kids

read the ratings


*bump* *and kind of Flamed* lol
I have nothing agaist it. I think its really retarted we are teaching are kids early and then we hide any known fact to it on the tv. Our gov gos nuts when theres a simple sex sence under the blanks omg think of the kids! Its not like they have not seen it, and cussing o come the crap on most of these kids hear it from there parents and all sudden there badd words o well big deal mr Bush.
Yazz
Why're we so hell-bent on destroying the only innocence that a person will ever have as a child? How much of a childhood can someone have with all the facts of life being shoved straight at them? How would you have turned out if you learned about life at the age of 5-6? Not just learning about how life works, but the facts of life, of lust, of violence and racism, of everything kids shouldn't have to worry about at their age? Spongebob Square-Pants is a pretty disgusting show, in my opinion, but it's not like people haven't liked disgusting shows in the past. For example, Ren and Stimpy. That show was rank, man. But, the fact is that your arguments are about introducing children to cussing and sex and all that crap. Well that's just the most selfish thing I've heard in a while. The only reason you really want to do that is so you can be a lazy parent. You don't have to protect your child from this stuff, so that's one less job for you, but have you taken a good look at this generation of young kids? They're swearing, making threats, keeping weapons, hell, some kids are even drinking and doing drugs. You have to stop being lenient and give your kids a chance to be what they are: Kids. There's a time to learn about this stuff, but that time isn't when they're too young to make their own decisions.

</rant>

Oh yeah, and ratings are worth absolute shit these days. Do you think a kid will change the channel from something they shouldn't be watching? Of course they wouldn't! Especially if you've told them not to, and you aren't around.

-Yazz
screamingdecay
Yazz wrote:
Why're we so hell-bent on destroying the only innocence that a person will ever have as a child? How much of a childhood can someone have with all the facts of life being shoved straight at them? How would you have turned out if you learned about life at the age of 5-6? Not just learning about how life works, but the facts of life, of lust, of violence and racism, of everything kids shouldn't have to worry about at their age? Spongebob Square-Pants is a pretty disgusting show, in my opinion, but it's not like people haven't liked disgusting shows in the past. For example, Ren and Stimpy. That show was rank, man. But, the fact is that your arguments are about introducing children to cussing and sex and all that crap. Well that's just the most selfish thing I've heard in a while. The only reason you really want to do that is so you can be a lazy parent. You don't have to protect your child from this stuff, so that's one less job for you, but have you taken a good look at this generation of young kids? They're swearing, making threats, keeping weapons, hell, some kids are even drinking and doing drugs. You have to stop being lenient and give your kids a chance to be what they are: Kids. There's a time to learn about this stuff, but that time isn't when they're too young to make their own decisions.

</rant>

Oh yeah, and ratings are worth absolute **** these days. Do you think a kid will change the channel from something they shouldn't be watching? Of course they wouldn't! Especially if you've told them not to, and you aren't around.

-Yazz


Well if you look at the 80 the FCC didnt have all this crap blocking stuff like Ren and stimpy from kids. Now there only allowed to be shown at night and stuff like adult swim and such. Kids from the 80s are just fine, there aready teaching kids about sex thats my point at early ages and then they hide anything to do with it on TV or Movies and they expect the kids not to wonder what it is? I mean, ,its like telling a kid not to do something there still going to do it to see why you are blocking it from them.
EVILSKAAP
Blaster wrote:
Well yea they do say **** and the F word and stuff like that.
Have any of you seen the parody of it, its called SPONGEBONG HEMP PANTS. Now that is a disgusting show! But as you agree with the statement that SBSP IS a bit overrated and also not ment to be shown to kids, it is those kids that keep him alive. Alhough my 18th birthday party had a SBSP icecream cake.NJOY
bluedragon
Blaster wrote:
ChaosMike wrote:
I was expecting the "gay conspiracy" of spongebob to come up Rolling Eyes

Care to provide some examples on those "inappropriate" things you noticed while watching spongebob that those sneaky homosexuals managed to slip in the show?

EDIT: Also, why does it matter if they are homosexual or not? You think anyone who's gay has a homosexual agenda against you?

To guys sleeping together.... need i say more?


Nope! U've pruven yer point therr.

EDIT: Hyuk.
jabapyth
The inapropriatness (aside from the gay stuff) probably reflects what the kids see every day, at school.
{name here}
The really wrong part of the show is the Tiny Tim song on the first episode.
Soulfire
There is one episode with a few "sailor's words" in it. But anytime these words are used, they are censored with a random sound. Other than that, not bad. People seem to think it encourages homosexuality though, something I've actually noticed slightly.
thegamecreator
i wish i knew how to quit you guys


that movie is funny
[FuN]goku
after reading all that.... no comment.
Khalid
I dont care if sponge bob says that i am totally cool with that. But to put it into sense i think its becuase the word is used as a funny way it makes it alright and before you know it the more harsh words will be allowed to be aired and then who will save us from the little children who grew up knowing these swear words
Exclamation Confused
guissmo
Spongebob doesn't have curses.

The worst word I heard is poop.

The others were censored (there was an episode wherein Mr. Krabs said a bad word and it was censored (it was one of the eight (or seven? i dunno!) words a pirate shouldn't say). well, it actually wasn't said. it was replaced with different sound for each of the eight words).

(Wow, nested parentheses (I talk like a programmer.)!)
silvermesh
Blaster wrote:

To guys sleeping together.... need i say more?


I dunno, if you'd stop watching them it probably wouldn't bother you any more. Seriously, the only people bothered by things that other people do privately are people who are sitting there trying to picture it and think about it. homosexual males are not an army, they do not recruit.
godam64
i think there is nothing wrong with sponge bob. we have no complains from people here. It's so hard to change normal person to become homo sexual or bi sexual since it's a;; depends on family and social life. I have not seen the latest spongbob episode here. we watch same episode over and over again.

spong bob squarepants : interesting, funny but i hardly want new episodes... Smile
iridios
There is nothing homosexual or heterosexual about SpongeBob!! He's a sponge, sponge are asexual (without gender) creatures if I recall correctly.

When I had Nickelodeon, I let my kids watch Spongebob, because while it could sometimes be annoying. It was safer than some of the other shows that were on at the same time.
Jeslyn
I watch Spongebob religiously. I've seen every episode, and not once have I heard cursing. Besides, because it's a show for children, it's heavily censored.
It's also a cartoon - in order for him to curse, the voice actor would have to curse, and then the animators would need to animate his mouth to make him curse as well.
I doubt anyone would "accidently" allow that much to occur, and slip pass censor officials and reviewers.


If anything, people should be complaining about why he's always naked.
Though I love it. Wink


I do remember, a while ago, on All That - back in the '90s when it was actually good. And towards the end of show, just when the scene was fading and the credits were starting, one of the characters said a curse word. But it was so quick to the credits, its very easy to miss - so most people probably didn't notice.
CWFwrestling
Whatever happened to the days where a cat hitting a dog with a giant mallet was all the cartoon we needed? Oh how I miss being a child lol
Rsam
Oh c'mon if you think Spongebob is promoting homoesexuality and you have a problem with it, you are homophobic. I believe homosexuality is biologically determined anyway, doesn't matter how much "gay" they push on you.
I see it as kids entertainment. No swear word has been heard in its pure form on that show. I find it to be one of the better kids shows on the air today.
Blaster
CWFwrestling wrote:
Whatever happened to the days where a cat hitting a dog with a giant mallet was all the cartoon we needed? Oh how I miss being a child lol

That is all you need. Just a simple tom and jerry. What happend to that show. A cat chasing a mose. no talking ever. It makes for a great tv show.
S3nd K3ys
ChaosMike wrote:
umm...could someone explain in what ways spongebob is disgusting and inappropriate? Confused



I've seen several. Seen it on things like Fairly Odd Parents as well. The name calling, the fights, the mutilations etc etc etc. I don't know how many times I've seen Squidward cut in half, showing organs and everything, or how many times someone is called stupid, etc.

On Fairly Odd Parents, last week, a guy was going thru books and changing titles slightly. When he got to the book that referenced Uranis, the reference was clear that he could have "changed circling Uranis to circling your anus"

If you want your kids to watch good TV, I suggest Little Einstiens/Baby Einstien series of shows and DVDs. July Clark writes them. Every kid I've seen watching it absolutely loves them and is captivated by them.

http://www.babyeinstein.com/
Blaster
S3nd K3ys shows some valid points there. Even if you dont' want them to watch that they can watch tom and jerry. A cat and mouse running aroud. Or even let them go out side and run around.
CWFwrestling
Rsam wrote:
Oh c'mon if you think Spongebob is promoting homoesexuality and you have a problem with it, you are homophobic. I believe homosexuality is biologically determined anyway, doesn't matter how much "gay" they push on you.
I see it as kids entertainment. No swear word has been heard in its pure form on that show. I find it to be one of the better kids shows on the air today.


While I do believe homosexuality is wrong, what people do privately is of no interest to me. But when it gets plastered all over TV, even tongue in cheek, it makes me sick. I'll never understand why people watch reality shows and things of that nature. I'd pay every week to watch Boston Legal, or any other intelligently written show than piques my interest.
Jeslyn
Most kids have crude humor.
They enjoy farting, burping, and slime, and think watching someone being injured is comedy.
Anything that is off the wall will get their attention.
The only thing those shows are doing is catering to that.

TV shows about Watching rainbows and singing songs in circles is all good and dandy, but not many kids are interested in watching that.

If you haven't noticed, both Spongebob and The Fairly Oddparents are extremely popular.... take a guess why.

It isn't about whether it's immature, or offensive to some of the more prudish people, it's about getting views, it's what sells.
That's the point afterall.
heady233
guissmo wrote:
Spongebob doesn't have curses.

The worst word I heard is poop.

The others were censored (there was an episode wherein Mr. Krabs said a bad word and it was censored (it was one of the eight (or seven? i dunno!) words a pirate shouldn't say). well, it actually wasn't said. it was replaced with different sound for each of the eight words).

(Wow, nested parentheses (I talk like a programmer.)!)
I totally agree with you, besides, i'm 11 and I know all about spongebob, and they only say "poop" and the bad words are replaced with large honking noises. (oh yeah, there's 11 words)
clip
heady233, it's 13 if you're a pirate, lol

My Opinion: Spongebob isn't really for kids, it's somewhat like an 'adult cartoon' but nickelodeon (why does it have to be that hard to spell?) likes to get Cartoon Network rejects and show em to kids.

Ren and Stimpy is pretty much more another good example of that. Nick is just a dump of CN's unwanted cartoons.
Jeslyn
...Or maybe Cartoon Network is stupid and rejects would-be popular shows. Both Spongebob and Ren and Stimpy were immensly popular.

Who's the smarter network?
chargoyle
Yes, swearing and stuff like that is bad, especially on kids shows and lots of people get extremely outrages but even allusions to swearing on such a program. But, if you kid changes the channel, or goes to school (especially if he/she rides the bus) it's not like they aren't already being exposed. The f-word and b**** mean basically nothing in society anymore.
watersoul
I do most things with my son (aged eight), and involve him in what I'm doing so he doesnt really watch TV, but if he does, I'll watch it with him, and laugh at what we see. Half the jokes go "over his head" anyway, and from what he tells me about what he hears at school, Spongebob is a much "cleaner" environment.
Why do we dump our kids in front of TV's on their own anyway?!
We aren't that physically busy with such limited time that we cannot do our jobs n stuff after they've gone to bed, it's just that most parents don't want to give up on their chilling out time, the kids being viewed as a distraction eating into their time.
OK, a sweeping statement I know, but I think it will strike a chord in some parents hearts if they are honest with themselves.
Blue Skies 2 all Smile
a.Bird
watersoul wrote:
I do most things with my son (aged eight), and involve him in what I'm doing so he doesnt really watch TV, but if he does, I'll watch it with him, and laugh at what we see. Half the jokes go "over his head" anyway, and from what he tells me about what he hears at school, Spongebob is a much "cleaner" environment.
Why do we dump our kids in front of TV's on their own anyway?!
We aren't that physically busy with such limited time that we cannot do our jobs n stuff after they've gone to bed, it's just that most parents don't want to give up on their chilling out time, the kids being viewed as a distraction eating into their time.
OK, a sweeping statement I know, but I think it will strike a chord in some parents hearts if they are honest with themselves.
Blue Skies 2 all Smile


I completely agree with you. I'm only 19 and I'm waiting a while before I have children but it seems to me that raising kids should not be taken so light-heartedly. But how could you? What could be more amazing than creating and guiding an unexperienced individual through life? I'm completely stoked about such a voyage but I need many more years of preparation. I can't even discipline myself; how can I be responsible for someone else as well? Hmmm.... Rolling Eyes
Soulfire
There's an episode in which Spongebob and Patrick discover 11 "new words", which happen to be swear words. They're all censored out (with things like dolphin noises and fog horns), but given the context clues of the sentence the words are in, I could guess and match the sounds to their curse words.

It was for a project for school, so don't think I'm TOTALLY nuts.

But anyways, I don't think a kid would go that in depth with it, although possible, it's highly unlikely that the swearing came from only Spongebob. Perhaps he/she overheard it somewhere else?
nilsmo
Language changes... I'm sure the worst words have been censored from Sponge Bob, though. It's a lot better than watching the other stuff on television.
fdny7652
While I do not really think spongebob is specifically written for kids. I am amazed that anyone would refer to them as homosexual. How annoying are YOU. There have been times when I though they might have stepped over the line but then again if parents are so concerned try watching it with your kids. If you could tear yourselves away from your boyfriend/girlfriend/WOW game or facebook, then perhaps they would be influenced by something with a little more depth. I'm also sorry for the loss of innocence that we inflict on our children. However I do not believe it comes from watching T.V. I believe it comes from waking up every few months and seeing strangers around there houses in the morning, or dealing with a parent that is COOL obsessed.
SpellcasterDX
I think your friend is lying. I still watch spongebob sometimes when I've got nothing better to do. And I've never heard curse words. Sure they allude to them, and there's even an episode where they supposedly say a lot of them, but they're all censored out, and while you could figure them out, I doubt any kid would bother trying. Other than that, I've never heard any curse words. There curse words are like, "barnacles" and "fish paste" or whatever. I've never ever heard s*** or f***.
mrcool
my son loves to watch spongebob as well as my wife...though i can't find any learnings about it but it makes my son and my wife laugh while watching that movie... i bought my son a stuff toy and he loves it...
standready
Blaster wrote:
CWFwrestling wrote:
Whatever happened to the days where a cat hitting a dog with a giant mallet was all the cartoon we needed? Oh how I miss being a child lol

That is all you need. Just a simple tom and jerry. What happend to that show. A cat chasing a mose. no talking ever. It makes for a great tv show.

How I long for the simple classic cartoon. Pink Panther would never say anything bad, usually said nothing at all.
ThaGhost
Blaster wrote:
FYI spongebob was made by to gay guys. So there is a lot of inaprioate stuff. stuff kids wouldn't notice.


sounds like a very homophobic perspective there buddy Rolling Eyes
Ghost900
I am not a fan of Sponge Bob but its more because I don't find him entertaining than who produces it or what he says.

I haven't watched to many but I don't remember any swearing, it may have been censored, I don't know.

I prefer to watch Family Guy. Very Happy
skygaia
I couldn't believe that spongebob said so. I don't like to watch spongebob square pants. but my son does. he really likes spongebob. some day my son may say F word and some coarse language. but not now..he's just 5 years old. I want my son to see and hear just beautiful and good things
tony
Blaster wrote:
Well yea they do say shit and the F word and stuff like that. That is one messed up show. They censor it out btw.


Haha - wow! really? So it is not really for children then... or what?
polly-gone
I have seen pretty much every episode of SpongeBob 1998 - 2005 and they have never cursed. There is one episode where they disover "Bad Words" but all the worlds are are various ocean sounds like a Seagull or boat horn or bubbles, and those sounds don't even represent actual words. Your friend heard wrong. Some people have posted videos on YouTube of Spongebob Being played backwards and swearing, but those are just anomalies that you will get when watching ANY TV show backwards.

And on the topic of swear words, all swear words are phased out eventually. In the Colonial days of America, Jimininy Crickets (sp) was considered a swear word. The line "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn" was extremely controversial when the movie came out. Now its nothing. It is just the natural evolution of a language.

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
mwsupra
Ghost900 wrote:
I am not a fan of Sponge Bob but its more because I don't find him entertaining than who produces it or what he says.

I haven't watched to many but I don't remember any swearing, it may have been censored, I don't know.

I prefer to watch Family Guy. Very Happy


heh, yes I love Family Guy. Now that is a quality cartoon! Kids love it! lol
crimson_aria
I never liked Spongebob. I don't follow the cartoon so I don't know. XD I think it should be censored if there are harsh language in it cause my young cousins love watching it.
SpellcasterDX
Ghost900 wrote:
I am not a fan of Sponge Bob but its more because I don't find him entertaining than who produces it or what he says.

I haven't watched to many but I don't remember any swearing, it may have been censored, I don't know.

I prefer to watch Family Guy. Very Happy
Now that's one show that does have cursing. lol. I don't believe that one is even meant for kids. At least not 5-10 year olds.
catscratches
Let's go from Spongebob to Tom & Jerry! Quick! Clearly, two persons cutting each other in pieces is a much better influence on our children than someone mentioning swear words on some few occasions!
Vrythramax
Since this topic was brought back from the dead, and due to user complaints of it being in the General Chat forum...topic is -moved- to the Movies and Television Forum.
blk3
When you really think of it, cartoons are filled with violence, offensive jokes, sexual references etc. Even the old classics like the Looney Tunes are filled with slapstick violence. It would be really hard to find a cartoon show this days, that doesn't have theses things.
slashnburn99
May have been the episode called "Sailor Mouth"
Where Spongebob and Patrick learn the 13 bad words, after reading them on the dumpster called "sentence enhancers"

i.e "Hey Patric how the **** are you" the **** replaced with a dolphin noise

also "Have a great ****** day" again replaced with dolphin noise
ato784
ChaosMike wrote:
umm...could someone explain in what ways spongebob is disgusting and inappropriate? Confused

I highly doubt spongebob ever uttered a curse word (excluding that episode where they censor supposed words, meaning he didn't say it), and if that were the case, the FCC would be on it before you could say "wardrobe malfunction." Wink


you sir are completely right, nothing disgusting or inappropriate really ever occurs on spongebob, only minor things that are intended to make children laugh and do indeed achieve their goal.
sandmanxyz
catscratches wrote:
Let's go from Spongebob to Tom & Jerry! Quick! Clearly, two persons cutting each other in pieces is a much better influence on our children than someone mentioning swear words on some few occasions!


+ 1
ProwerBot
Honestly... swearing is not a bad thing. It doesn't say anywhere in the bible that swearing is forbidden. Cuss words don't even mean anything, for example you could ****** put ****** in any ****** sentence and it would still make ****** sense. It doesn't mean anything it just emphasises the sentence.
cadash123
my cuz was watching and got the wrong idea about cursing.......i wouldnt give him his favorite toy becaue he was bad AND IN A FIT OF RAGE HE CAME UP TO ME AND...made whale sounds i dont know if i should laugh or be offended
HammerAxe
omfg its called spongebob edited you frickin retards!!! they use a program that has all the names and words under the sun and they place it over part of the episodes to make make em proper funny instead of crappy lil PG jokes. sometimes i even look for the old disney clips from the olden days: porky pig hurts his thumb and says "i bet you thought i was gonna say son of a-son of a-son of a bitch"
lol it funny. whew. rage over. spongebob edited makes me laugh my ass off. good one on ya lil bro. no need to go around reportin the vids whens its the users own fault for searching stuff. e.g.: "spongebob swearing" or "spongebob says s***" or stuff like that.
Related topics
Best movie with Jay and Silent Bob?
Bob Marley, A true legend
Did Bob lie?
Pirates?!, Cruise Ship Raids Options
[OFFICIAL] Favorite Anime?
Death Metal cover to Black Eyed Peas
What is the true defenition of ANIME?
break the most online users record.
Post your room / workspace! *MASSIVE pictures warning*
Death note Sponge bob
Spongbob
500 posts!
Rugrats on netflix! I love this cartoon!
What color are your pants?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Movies and Television

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.