FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHP Problem

thpn
I think Bondings is the only one who can help me on this one. So, I have my forum files uploaded and everything is set for it to work, but when I try to run the install it comes up with just a huge load of php coding that doesn't do anything. Lukedk tried to help me out and even made a test php file but he says the php is messed up on my server or whatever. What's wrong with it?
wumingsden
thpn wrote:
I think Bondings is the only one who can help me on this one. So, I have my forum files uploaded and everything is set for it to work, but when I try to run the install it comes up with just a huge load of php coding that doesn't do anything. Lukedk tried to help me out and even made a test php file but he says the php is messed up on my server or whatever. What's wrong with it?

It sounds as if the server that you are using doesn't have php. Could you please provide more details, like the URL to the forum and whether or not you are hosted here
thpn
I am hosted here, I have direct admin, the url is www.forums.thpn.frih.net but lukedk had to mess with it so most of it's not there.
Bondings
thpn, for some reason php files aren't executed on your subdomain. I couldn't find the reason, though.

I can either reset your account (but then you'll lose the files already inside it) or try to create a working (I mean that executes php) subdomain and then move the files, but I can't guarantee that it will work fine.
thpn
No, you can reset it. I don't really have that many files in there. It was just the forum and some pictures, but I have those saved on my hardrive.
Bondings
Please check your pm for the password.

And http://thpn.frih.net/test.php .
thpn
Yes, well it still doesn't work. ANd it has to be the PHP on the server because I also tried a PHP news system and that didn't work either.
Bondings
The test file I made seems to be working fine. Also, your forum works too.