FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Favorite computer case.

Favorite Case?
Apple
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Sony
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Dell
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
IBM
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
HP/Compaq
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Gateway
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
60%
 60%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 20

Xeniczone
Me and {name here} started talking about this till some moderator did his job of ruining others fun and told us to stop so here it is.

What is your favorite companys computers case.

This can range from Sony, Dell etc who make accual computers or it can be just a company that makes computer cases such as NZXT

I would pick macintosh because they use simple yet nice designs for thier cases. Out of all of them I would have to limit myself down to the G4 Cube or the G3 Powermac or iMac.

I have set up a poll if you choose something plz post why or if you choose other plz post why and what.
ForceRun
Apple usally have good cases but the lastest all white just doesn't do it for me. All the other cases are close to the same too me. I like mine, Sunbeam Arclic. The new verson case is a lot better to work on. See my little pic to the side.
william
None of these companies have REALLY good cases. I like the Sunbeam Transformer Case. It's really expandable and it looks really cool.
psycosquirrel
Yeah, none of the options up there are good. You should have done Antec, Aspire, CoolerMaster, Lian-Li, Thermaltake, NZXT, Chenmig, Raidmax, Silverstone, and Sunbeam. Maybe another one for Apple and one for dell/compaq/sony/etc.

But I voted other. I love Thermaltake and NZXT. Aspire is also good IMO, even though some of their cases are a bit cheap.
Omega_Squid
I have a SR1630NX model compaq, and its a pretty cool and stylish design for a PC, i like it! I HATE the generic Dell case though, see them ALL the time in my school all day long, lol! Laughing
thuganomics
Yah, i have the Sunbeam Transformer Case and it comes with 4 fans. I changed all the fans to quieter ones that move more air and they are all with blue leds, its like a disco ball now =)

Before i was using a generic crappy case and everything was hot and made my overclocks low, after getting this Sunbeam Transformer Case, i had more freedom to overclock!!!
william
thuganomics wrote:
Yah, i have the Sunbeam Transformer Case and it comes with 4 fans. I changed all the fans to quieter ones that move more air and they are all with blue leds, its like a disco ball now =)

Before i was using a generic crappy case and everything was hot and made my overclocks low, after getting this Sunbeam Transformer Case, i had more freedom to overclock!!!

I don't have one, but I plan to get one. Are the original fans really noisy?
VX.Agent
I really like this one:
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1384992&Tab=11&NoMapp=0
Psynthax
My favourite is Alienware case. They have awsome cases, alltho I do not own one.
They have awsome air circulation that keeps your high performace hardware cooled all the time Cool
psycosquirrel
Uh, Alienware's air cooling actually sucks balls. It is watercooled for a reason. The specs of air cooling on an Alienware can be compared to those of a cardboard box.

My new favorite case is the Ultra Micro Fly. I ordered mine yesterday (they JUST came out): http://www.ultraproducts.com/product_details.php?cPath=13&pPath=439&productID=439
william
psycosquirrel wrote:
Uh, Alienware's air cooling actually sucks balls. It is watercooled for a reason. The specs of air cooling on an Alienware can be compared to those of a cardboard box.

My new favorite case is the Ultra Micro Fly. I ordered mine yesterday (they JUST came out): http://www.ultraproducts.com/product_details.php?cPath=13&pPath=439&productID=439

Unique design. But, it should be a little more expandable. Though, I guess it's not meant to expand.
psycosquirrel
Well our definitions of expandible may vary. I am fitting a DVD-+R drive, 2 cd drives, a floppy drive, a 40gb hard drive (for media), a 80gb 7200rpm hard drive (for os/progs, was going to get raptor, but it was too much), a firewire card, a sound card, a 7600GT, my Palm Pilot LCD mod, another modded LCD so I can use it as the video at LANS, the stock PSU, a mATX AsRock mobo, finally powered by an Opty146 cooled by a Blue Orb II cooler. So it will be tight, but have more hardware than most people's computer in it.
william
That's true, but you won't be able to expand it much later. But, I see your point.
kiranaghor
I have Antec Super Lanboy.
Its really kool.
I love it. Also the desing is unique n scientific.
TheGeek
I just got the Raidmax X-1 and its pretty nice, for the price you pay you get alot of features and its made of aluminum so its nice and decently lite pluse it uses 120mm fans so its quiter then most
Xeniczone
The only problem i see with really good looking yet cheap cases is their power supplys are cheap and can blow up.

I'm not saying this for all of them though. NZXT makes some good looking cases at a nice price and I have never had a problem with their power supplies.
martindecorte
Personally, I really don't care about the computer case's design. If the case is noname, cheap, simple and white, it's the best for me. Cool
eLto
Thermaltake, Cooler Master and Lian Li provide the hottest(not thermally) cases in my opinion. I currently own a Thermaltake Kandalf, but earlier on, I had a Mercury case. It was back in the day when I loved apple's G5, so I went and bought a case that was nearly identical (or something like it, at least), but had to sell it due to bad cooling, and too much noise. The Thermaltake Kandalf worked out great for me, after I removed the front beziel.
brevity
I'm a fan of acrylic cases... But actually I have a G3 sitting next to me that I've been working on and I really, really am in love with Mac design and simplicity. They're MADE to be sleek.
looksbad
ThermalTake Armour! (well im currently on an Armour Junior but going to Armour LCS.. heres a link to it http://thermaltake.com/product/Chassis/fulltower/armor_lcs/ve2000swa.asp

its so big so its good to cram alot into it.. like a nice SLI hookup (2 graphics cards)

Mine is all blue inside currently with Thermaltake bigwater water cooling inside it. My water cooling colour is blue.. The Thermaltake are great for cooling and all there other products fair well except there PSU (dont get them!)
Helios
The best is Antec.

Kids usually buy stuff like alienware-like cases, but truely, if you know what you're doing, you have to focus on REAL cases that has top air flow.
Good air gateways and properly made fan holes, makes it easy for you to install fans and keep the system very cool and quite.

I love Antec also because their designs are very simple and 'clean'.
Unlike those kid-designed cases with all those bumps and colour games.
Those are just ugly.

If a case has good air flow + a design that looks good with the room, you have a good case. That's Antec.
technology.sponge
thermaltake kandalf wiyh side 25cm fan