FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

World is Flat

akshar
Have you read the book World is flat?
Do you agree with the author?

Do you really think that globalization has flattened the Earth. Or the earth is flanned only for a few for others it has become more inaccessible?
Sebaci
I didn't read it but I know something. New theories say that the 3-dimensional world is flat. The fourth dimension (time) makes the world 3D
kv
Don't know what "world" here means. If it means earth, then it is like saying a football is flat.
akshar
dude that is a book. read it and then u will understand that the world is flat but football is not
whatif
Sebaci wrote:
I didn't read it but I know something. New theories say that the 3-dimensional world is flat. The fourth dimension (time) makes the world 3D

It is interesting that you say that because when a third-grader saw me reading the book the first thing she said was "He's such a liar. The world isn't flat." : )
Great book. Great author. Great ideas.
joxang
It's really funny that just some of the people posting in this thread are taking the title a wee bit too literally :s...

Quote:

By flat, the author means you can draw a straight line joining any two points, meaning directness. The books is about the history of capitalism and how huge corporations and individual entrepreneurs now compete.

The book is from an extremely 'capitalist america' perspective, and while most of the develop and developing world may be 'flat', there are numerous furrows where there are undeveloped nations without access to 21st century infotechnology.