FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Here's my site sc-gman

Sebaci
Here's my site: www.sc-gman.frih.net
And I need some opinions about it Wink
krazycapital
Looks not bad! I'd say some of it is hard to read (white on black isn't my favorite) but I like the way you set it up! I would reccommend trying to get faster load times though. That's it! 9/10
Zach
Sebaci
krazycapital wrote:
Looks not bad! I'd say some of it is hard to read (white on black isn't my favorite) but I like the way you set it up! I would reccommend trying to get faster load times though. That's it! 9/10
Zach

thx. I know it loads long. But the server is working slowly at the time. I've reduced the size of graphisc enough. I've done the graphics in gimp, now I will work in photoshop so the site will look better soon...
krazycapital
What's so bad about gimp?
Sebaci
krazycapital wrote:

IMO in Gimp you can't make advanced design, good buttons etc. If I change the design of my site, the graphisc will be done in Photoshop
Scorpio
I see you are hosting the files on the server here./

Remotely host it in order to save space and bandwidth./
krazycapital
Sebaci wrote:
krazycapital wrote:

IMO in Gimp you can't make advanced design, good buttons etc. If I change the design of my site, the graphisc will be done in Photoshop

That's not exaclty true. You just need to know how to use it.
Scorpio: Why should he be worried? I have a fair amount of visitors each month and I use about... .2 out of 10. I don't use as many images, but that's not that horrible for it. Besides, frihost is fast.
Sebaci
krazycapital wrote:
Sebaci wrote:
krazycapital wrote:

But in photoshop you can very easily make very good button in 5 minutes using the blending options. How much time would you make an emboss effect of something in Gimp? In photoshop one minute. Maybe in gimp you can do advanced graphisc too, but it's harder
Scorpio
krazycapital wrote:
Sebaci wrote:
krazycapital wrote:

Scorpio: Why should he be worried? I have a fair amount of visitors each month and I use about... .2 out of 10. I don't use as many images, but that's not that horrible for it. Besides, frihost is fast.

Thats the point, why slow it down when the owners of these free software offer the download on their own servers.

I am not talking about wasting his bandwidth, but about wasting frihosts'

In case you are hosting mp3s of songs performed by you, then nobody can host it except your site.

But for these hosting separatelt will help frihost on the whole. Not only his site.
Blaster
I like the templete you have. To bad i couldn't understand it because it was in a different language. It looked really good though. I want that templete now. Razz
Sebaci
Blaster wrote:
I like the templete you have. To bad i couldn't understand it because it was in a different language. It looked really good though. I want that templete now. Razz

I didn't use any template, I made everything in Gimp Razz