FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help: Want to update an old inline JS feature.

benjad
Hello,

A few years back, I made a little inline javascript function which did some client side calculations on a form. The form buttons when pressed recalculate the values in some of the form fields. The script used to work fine.

Now, it brings up ActiveX warnings in the newer IE versions (but does still work), and gets stuck in a do...while loop in Fx. (Odd that it works in one, but crashes in another).

Because it's a client side calculator, should I continue to try to work on it, or is there a better method I should use (flash, ect)...

Thanks in advance for any help, and if interested, ask and I'l send you the ugly script. (Bit too much to post here).
benjad
*bump*

I put the html, with the js into a pastebin...

http://pastebin.com/690281

It gets activeX warning errors in Ie, and stuck in a loop in Fx.

I'll take any advice anyone has.
MrBaseball34
Could it be because of a popup blocker you have installed?
I see that you are using openWindow function.
benjad
I wish it was that easy... the open window opens a small graphic in a small window... nothing too magical there...

It's odd, because if you coax it along in IE, the calculations will work. If you use Firefox, it just gets stuck in a loop....

So, it has something to do with how Fx handles JS versus how Fx handles it. I should also say, I want to re-write this... but what would be the best way to re-write this. Is there a better way to do client side calculations? Should I re-do it a different way?