FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is your favourite Super Mario game?

Whong
What is your favourite Super Mario game?
I'd really like to know, I'm a huge Mario fan, so what is the best Mario game in your opinion!? Laughing

I'll tell my favourites, Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario 64! I really can't decide which I like best, they are all fabulous games! Laughing

Now it is your turn, What is your favourite Super Mario game/games? Question Idea Wink
linkman2004
That's a relaly hard decision. It would either be Mario 64 DS or Mario Sunshine. Both are really awesome games. Mario 64 is basically the classic Mario in 3D while Sunshine throws in some new and different play mechanics. But if I had to choose one or the other I would probably choose Mario Sunshine.

By they way, if you're wondering why I said Mario 64 DS its cause Mario 64 looked uuuuugly! Razz
rainynightstarz
haha
the only one i played is from my TI 89 titanium >.<
Johnson1522
Super Mario 64 was a fun game. It was pretty much the flagship game for the 64. Does anybody remember all the hype that Christmas season when the super mario previews where all over the place?
Marco
well it has to be super mario bros. 3!!! a few months ago I bought a snes only for that game =) and I still love it. well, I also got it on my psp, but playing it on a snes isn't just the same...
Hanpusu-kun
SMB 3 is probably the best, and the GBA version isnt much worse.
If you havent got this game, BUY IT!
Whong
Super Mario Bros 3 was a real hit, just great. Hey, has anyone seen the clip where a guy beats it in 11 minutes? Idea
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5776742897741139176&q=Super+Mario+Bros+3&pl=true

Check it out, there are a whole bunch of other good clips too:D Laughing
Jayfarer
Mario 64 > Mario 64 DS, just because of the control scheme.
Wanderer
my favorite super mario game has to be the old 2d games. 3 was my favorite because of all the power suits. i'm excited for New Super Mario Brothers to come out for the DS.

I still play Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World on my super nintendo when i get the chance
Josso
Probably 64 because it's super uber cool and I had many fun years playing it as a child.
missmurder
Super Mario Brothers 1 and Super Mario Brothers 2 for original NES, and the Mario Party games for N64...That's it.
gr3gg3r
This is a really hard decision. For the original Nintendo of course the first mario brothers was excellent.

My favorite for the Super Nintendo would have to be Super Mario Brothers 3. But I always played Super Mario Allstars because it had all of the games in one. Very Happy

For the Nintendo 64 it definetely has to be Super Mario 64. That was the first game I got with my N64. Those were some good times.

I don't have gamecube, but I have played Mario Sunshine and that was quite fun as well.
nachjo chip
i think that Super Mario World for the snes is by far the best mario game. Ive already completed it a bunch of times Very Happy
linkman2004
Shoot! How could I forget about Mario World. That would probably go right up there with the rest of um.
Insanity
Mario All Stars. Perfect package.
clownFart
mario 64, i heard you could get it for the ds? if so i might buy a ds lite. or the revolution.
driftingfe3s
I think Mario 64 was really fun. I never played much of it though. Other than that, I liked Super Mario World on the Super Nintendo. I played that game all the time at my cousin's house.
Thug
Im gonna stay with the old 2-D mario games, even tho i liked Mario 64 allot i still prefer the oldskool mario and luigi Cool
Whong
Insanity wrote:
Mario All Stars. Perfect package.

I do agree, it is great! The original All Stars featured Super Mario World too, but the one that I have has Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros 2 and Super Mario Bros 3. I seperately bought Super Mario World later, its also a really great game! I like both the oldschool 2D Mario Classics but also the new 3D Mario games!

I'd say this, if you haven't played Super Mario 64 much or don't own it, I'd really recomend to buy it for the DS! It is a game well worth your hard earned money! I have it my self and it is just great! Wink

I love the old Super Mario Bros musics! Hey, have a look here, a great pianist and great Mario melodies!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4666252907145460452&q=Super+Mario&pl=true

I found it while surfing in Video Google! Very Happy Wink
paulrodga
For me the best Super Mario Bros game is the SMB3 (Super Mario Bros 3), in the NES Version (that you can't save the games)

It's realy funny and there are a lot of cheats, fantastic!
ocalhoun
Smash Bros 2 or mario RPG (remember that?)
It don't get any better than that.
Tasa
Super Mario 3 is the best just a lot of things to explore and and lot of challange.
Joe944
I'd have to agree with everyone who said SBM3. I can't fathom how much time I spent playing that game as a kid.

Wish I had a DS so I could play the new 2d mario game coming out.
bluefossil
Are you seriously asking what I think you are asking? The first Super Mario on NES hands down the best.
Scott
My favorites would definitley be Super Mario RPG and Super Mario World, those are two of my favorite games of all-time.

goku_br
Definitely the old school 2D games. I just can't stand the 3D Mario games.

Old school Mario RULEZ!
jarcelao
Super Mario Brothers 3 is definitely have a special place in my heart! This is my favorite for the series. I love every aspect of it! Definitely one of the best console game ever made! Smile
Spe_eddy
does mario kart count? i think they are the best, especially for the N64 and DS, the rest were only average
mandrion
i like super mario for SNES ^.~

the best 2D mario ever, many secrets...and...YOSHI!!!!!! ^^

otherwise, are there other 3D games of mario except mario 64? (and the DS deluxe version^^)
djared90
The only Super Mario game I've played is Super Mario 64 for the N64, but I absolutely loved it. The graphics were good, and the gameplay was excellent. Plus, it's Mario!

Now that I think about it, I remember that I still haven't finished it - I think I have two stars left to get. Laughing *runs off to find them*
Whong
mandrion wrote:
i like super mario for SNES ^.~

the best 2D mario ever, many secrets...and...YOSHI!!!!!! ^^

otherwise, are there other 3D games of mario except mario 64? (and the DS deluxe version^^)

There is Super Mario Sunshine too, have you played it, its a great game!
Good graphics and sounds and all, try it and there is even Yoshi! Wink
monkeystravels
For me it has to be Super Mario Kart as no1. (on the Snes of course).
Followed by Yoshi Island.
Maku
is like mario party the most

but the picross serie is very good to (only in japan out for SNES)

and all of the Mario Jump and Runs were great

oh i forgot the RPG Mario games, there were the very best

i want Mario and Luigi 2...but i don't have a DS
ltmas
The original super mario bros. 1 is the best mario game ever!!!
SGbilder
Super mario 3 is the game to play Exclamation

Don't think i like the 3d view in 64..
Whong
Super Mario 2D and 3D games differ so much that you basicly can't compare them! Idea

1. Some like the classic 2D oldschool Mario Bros games!

2. Some like the newstyle 3D Super Mario games!

3. Some like both the classic 2D and the newstyle 3D Super Mario games!

I personally belong to 3. I love the classics but love the 3D games too! Laughing Idea

What do you think about the Super Mario sports games like Mario Power Tennis, Mario Smash Football, Mario Superstar Baseball, Mario Kart Double Dash etc. Question Question Idea Wink
da_man
Mario allstars is my fav super mario game of all time, it's way cool. Very Happy Very Happy
ltmas
Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Allstars+World are also really good games. Fun to play them with emulators on my computer.
SilverDogg
i have to say the original super mario bros. loved it when i first played it, and i still love it =). in my opinion, the best game ever made.
of course, smb3, smw, yoshis island, sm64 are all great games aswell =). really looking forward to yoshis island 2, even though i dont think it really qualifies as a mario-game ^^;;.
dragonflame
Marco wrote:
well it has to be super mario bros. 3!!! a few months ago I bought a snes only for that game =) and I still love it. well, I also got it on my psp, but playing it on a snes isn't just the same...

howd you get mario 3 on your psp?
Marco
Using an emulator.
Nameless
Whong wrote:
What do you think about the Super Mario sports games like Mario Power Tennis, Mario Smash Football, Mario Superstar Baseball, Mario Kart Double Dash etc. Question Question Idea Wink

I pretty much hate every single super mario sports game EXCEPT Mario Kart 64. I loved that, for some reason.

Overall, I prefer the older 2D games more than the new 3D ones, but I like them both.
vaoger
well i personally like to play the 2d version of mario game... coz it sometime make felt that i was young again... by the way... i play mario since i was 8 or 9... i like it... i became so stupid that i been trick by my mom to eat mushroom....( cos mario grow after get the mushroom...) so silly... but is a joy of being childhood... i like it till now... but i dont seen any mario fans club around my neighbourhood... heheheh.. if any one found one on internet tell me k...
rightclickscott
Super Mario World for the Super Nintendo, or atleast that's what I think. I don't remember, was that the one I'm thinking about? Either way, that game was simply awsome.
Ducktape
pie is good
Whong
Ducktape wrote:
pie is good

How does that fit to the topic, if you'd ask me that would be spamming, so please don't do it again! The post should in some way be in connection with the topic! If a Moderator would see that, he/she could give you a warning or a ban! Crying or Very sad

So just remeber this Ducktape! Laughing Wink Idea
Lord Kuat
Super mario brothers 3, a game I play at least yearly. First, the suits. The great varitey there couldn't be beat. Especially the hammer brother suit and the tanuki suit; those have a special place in my heart.

Second are the varied worlds; especially the land of the giants. The size-switching level was awesome to me back in the day.

Third, it's just damn fun. The mechanics are perfect, no worries with any camera system, and it's easy to just pick up and play, yet rewards for being more devoted.
Whong
Lord Kuat wrote:
Especially the hammer brother suit and the tanuki suit; those have a special place in my heart.

So for me too, and also the frog suit! Super Mario Bros 3 had the most accesories, all the suits and the fire flower etc.

Man, I hope that New Super Mario Bros would be quite the same as Super Mario Bros 3! Wink Idea
darth_pyro
My favorites are Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels, and Super Mario Bros 3. If I had to choose just one of them, though, I would choose Super Mario Bros. I really don't like the 3D direction they've taken with the latest mario games. I miss 2d sidescrollers. However, I am greatly looking forward to New Super Mario Bros for the DS! I hope it will be good!
Whong
darth_pyro wrote:
My favorites are Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels, and Super Mario Bros 3. If I had to choose just one of them, though, I would choose Super Mario Bros. I really don't like the 3D direction they've taken with the latest mario games. I miss 2d sidescrollers. However, I am greatly looking forward to New Super Mario Bros for the DS! I hope it will be good!

Well, from what I've heard and read New Super Mario Bros should be a top of the line game! It got extreamly great points from IGN.com a total of 9.5/10 which I would say is superb.

Buy it if you love good old sidescrollers like I do! I haven't bought it yet but I will once it comes to Finland! I'm really looking forward to it ! Exclamation

I looks like the old Mario Bros games, but with much better graphics!

Laughing Wink Idea
lycadia
Old school for me. In an arcade format it would be 2. At home, 3. Though, I still have one of my old Original Nintendos with Duck Hunt and the first console Mario Brothers on the same cartridge. *grins like a loon* It was the first game I ever beat.
Balthamos
Come on guys. Super Mario RPG all the way! Either that, or Mario Teaches Typing. Ah, those were the good ol' days. Why can't they make games good like they used to? All they do now is just make them look graphically good, not gameplay good. It's hard to come across a genuinely good game these days.

~Balthamos
trickstott
I really feel that the best Mario Game was Super Mario World for the Super Nintendo. While Mario 64 was phenomenol, I sometimes became bored with it, which is something that I cannot say about Mario World. It was excellent and entertaining from beginning to end. I never wanted to put it down, but I could easily divide it into short play sessions if I needed to due to its design.
Kelcey
Mario 64 is by far my favorite. Super Mario Bros. comes in next.
nrjarchow
The origional is the best - if you could get past Duck Hunt to get to the actual game. Duck hunt was very addicting...

I still remember taking down Bowser for the first time, very exciting stuff
Whong
nrjarchow wrote:
The origional is the best - if you could get past Duck Hunt to get to the actual game. Duck hunt was very addicting...

I still remember taking down Bowser for the first time, very exciting stuff

Yeah, I remember playing Duck Hunt with my old Nes with a gun, that was somewhat like what Wii is offering so that was very cool!

You just pointed at the target you wanted to shoot and then shot it!

Now when I come to think of it, Nintendo brought that style controller already in the 90s! Idea Wink

The technology used wasn't the same but it worked in the same way though! Wink Idea
jarcelao
super mario 3 is the best of the series! Smile
Revvion
for me super mario world is the best, mostly because of yoshi and the fun tricks you could do with him.