FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is there a way to disable this?

KHO
OK, Windows (XP Pro SP2), whenever you put in an external HDD or a CD/DVD it brings up a prompt asking what to do, if there is an autoplay, then it opens explorer, probably nothing l can do about the autoplay though.

But l don't use Windows Explorer, and rather than integrating my file manager into the shell and have 2 copys of it running, l just navigate to the files through the manager Neutral. Now then, it gets kind of annoying when you have a 500GB 7 partition external HDD and every time you plug it in you get 7 of those stupid prompts Neutral. My question is, is there anyway l can stop those prompts from appearing the first time?
Scorpio
For preventing the autoplay, hold shift while inserting the cd /dvd till the light on the drive goes out.
You wont get a prompt at all.

I am not sure about the HDD though
rvec
if it is conected you can change autoplay preferences if you right click on the drive when in my computer and click preferences(could be something else but means the same, I have no english windows so..)

You can select wich action to take and there schould also be the option "no action"
ocalhoun
rvec wrote:

You can select wich action to take and there schould also be the option "no action"

Whenever you do that make sure to also select the 'always preform selected action' option. Doing that should eventualy solve your problem.
tungtony
If you want to disable the autoplay function. You just right click the device and select the properties -> Auto Play -> Select Action -> no action than apply. It will do nothing when you insert CD/DVD in next time.

Hope this can help you.
Gaurish
just disable autoplay from
mycomputer>right on CD/dvd or remoble drive drive>properpites>autoplay>cleck no action from every file type.