FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A question before requesting web hosting

oskuro
I would like to know(because i didnt read anything about it in the rules of web hosting service), if i could make a site about Betting in Sports(you know, just picks of Nba, Football, Hockey, Tennis....).

What i have in mind, is make a site with daily picks, just for example:

Football
=====

Barcelona vs Milan

Pick: Barcelona Asian 0@2,05(which means u win bet if barcelona wins, and u get your bet back if they draw, u lost bet if milan wins).

And a brief explanation of the pick, reasons, stats of both teams....

Well, i think its not illegal, i just will say hey, i think this team will win, these are the odds, and this is why i think so, followed by stats of my picks, and a forum to let members talk about any sport.

Has to be site in english, or thats not a problem??(Im spanish).

Thanks for all, hope you can understand my "bad" english.

Cya Wink
Daniel15
Hi,
As long as the contents of your site are legal, and you follow our Terms of Service, you'll be able to host your site here.

Quote:
Has to be site in english, or thats not a problem??(Im spanish).

We allow any language here at FriHost. In case you haven't seen it yet, we have a Spanish section on our forum Wink
Blaster
So as long as it is legell you are saying. I don't think it is legeal unless you have permints and stuff. I don't know what it is like in spain though. When you say betting on sports do you mean like actually betting on that site or is it more about something like saying the prices stats and different things like that.

(mi español es muy mal)
(tu inglese is muy biean) Very Happy
n0obie4life
If you are allowed to do your bettings and what-soever (i.e. it's legal), then go ahead Wink.
oskuro
Blaster wrote:
So as long as it is legell you are saying. I don't think it is legeal unless you have permints and stuff. I don't know what it is like in spain though. When you say betting on sports do you mean like actually betting on that site or is it more about something like saying the prices stats and different things like that.

(mi español es muy mal)
(tu inglese is muy biean) Very Happy

I correct your sentence Smile

(mi español es muy mal) --> U have to say: Mi español es muy malo Wink

Well, maybe i didnt explain very well.

My site just will be about every day, people can see which picks i think are the best, and they follow the picks if they want.

My site wont be a site to put money on or things like that, just a site with info, stats, and so on, about betting in nba, football, hockey....

Thanks, i will look for that spanish section Smile

And what about what i said, about if i can upload my own php nuke to the ftp??Is that permited??

And do we have Sql database too??(cause php nuke needs it).

Thanks!!
n0obie4life
Oh, that is allowed on Frihost.

Frihost provides mySQL databases for PHP-Nuke. We do not recommend the usage of PHP-Nuke doh, because it is *rather* slow, espically if your site has lots of visitors.

Try looking at other CMSes, like Etomite Smile
oskuro
n0obie4life wrote:

Frihost provides mySQL databases for PHP-Nuke. We do not recommend the usage of PHP-Nuke doh, because it is *rather* slow, espically if your site has lots of visitors.

So what should i use??

Php instead of php nuke??Thanks, and where can i find other members websites to see how they look like??Thx!

Whats "CMSes"?

It´s this?:

http://www.etomite.org/
Daniel15
oskuro wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:

So what should i use??

Php instead of php nuke??Thanks, and where can i find other members websites to see how they look like??Thx!

Whats "CMSes"?

It´s this?:

A CMS (Content Management System) system is basically a system that allows you to edit your website's pages via a web interface (like PHP-Nuke). Some CMS systems include Mambo, Joomla, e107, Typo3, XOOPS, Drupal and Etomite (the one that n0obie4life said). Just choose whatever one looks the best for you.

You can see demos of different CMD systems at http://www.opensourcecms.com/ , under the 'Portals (CMS)' section on the left. The ones I mentioned above are generally the most popular CMS systems, and you'll probably find one you'll like.
oskuro
daniel15 wrote:
oskuro wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:

So what should i use??

Whats "CMSes"?

It´s this?:

A CMS (Content Management System) system is basically a system that allows you to edit your website's pages via a web interface (like PHP-Nuke). Some CMS systems include Mambo, Joomla, e107, Typo3, XOOPS, Drupal and Etomite (the one that n0obie4life said). Just choose whatever one looks the best for you.

You can see demos of different CMD systems at http://www.opensourcecms.com/ , under the 'Portals (CMS)' section on the left. The ones I mentioned above are generally the most popular CMS systems, and you'll probably find one you'll like.

Ok thx, i saw those CMS systems u told me in that page.

So all i have to do, is install of of those CMS systems i choose, and then, i will be able to manage my web with Etomite??

Thx, never used CMS Wink

Adding:

Well, maybe i dont understand if those CMS are just like skins of web pages that i can upload FTP and then manage it with etomite or what, i will try later to find out what they really are, sorry for my english Embarassed
n0obie4life
PHP-Nuke is a CMS too Very Happy. Daniel15 forgot to mention that.

Yes, once you get your webspace, you may upload your files and start posting data Smile.
Daniel15
Quote:
Well, maybe i dont understand if those CMS are just like skins of web pages that i can upload FTP and then manage it with etomite or what, i will try later to find out what they really are, sorry for my english

Basically, the CMS has the website template in it, you just edit the pages via the interface. It's quite easy, and pretty good if you don't know how to make webpages.

Quote:
So all i have to do, is install of of those CMS systems i choose, and then, i will be able to manage my web with Etomite??

Etomite itself is a CMS. All the scripts I mentioned are different CMS systems.
oskuro
Ok when i get my webspace, i will try to see if i know how works those CMS.

Thx Wink
oskuro
And if i want to put a blog better instead of a website, with CMS too, with a forum also, i can?
n0obie4life
oskuro wrote:
And if i want to put a blog better instead of a website, with CMS too, with a forum also, i can?

Yes you can. Just create them in seperate directories. If you wish to integrate them, you need a little PHP knowledge, as it's rather difficult Smile.
Traveller
oskuro wrote:

A lot of the CMS packages are really just glorified blogs with lots of extra features around them - not that there's anything wrong with that.

Unless you want or need to keep the things separate, you'll probably find that most CMS implementations will have blogging already built in.
oskuro
Ok thx.

I saw best rated Cms Portal, is Joomla, do u recommend it?
oskuro
oskuro wrote:
Ok thx.

I saw best rated Cms Portal, is Joomla, do u recommend it?

SOmeone recommends it?? Rolling Eyes
n0obie4life
Seriously, it's up to yourself.

I don't really like Joomla, nor Mambo. But you may like it, it's a matter of personal preference.

Etomite is the best, because it suits my needs and my simple mind Wink