FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

anyone accualy listen to metal anymore?

celicapimp
Is there even anyone out there in the world anymore that listens to Metal? Because the world has gone crazy and moved to rap. Dont ask why but thats just how it seems
Scott
Lots of people listen to metal. My city has a ton of local metal bands.

I'm not really a fan, but I listen to metal every now and then.
ouepa
In France, 55% of people listen more rock/metal than Rap...
People abandon a little the rap now. We shall see in 5 years the new tendency
Boles Roor
I'm a Rock/hard rock/punk rock lover, and I listen some metal too.
Maka
ouepa wrote:

Not underground rap, you dont know how many underground rap/hiphop fans there are, your sterotypeing typical rap ie 50 cent pop rap, you need to look further ahead and open your eyes.
cronic5
I am a metalhead. I even have metal-archives.com as my homepage. I LOVEEEEEE metal, especially Opeth.
memza
lol i dont
Helios
A little bit Wink

Right Morpheus? xD
Slammer
hell yeah! Twisted Evil \m/

You cant beat metal, i love all kinda of music, apart from trance n dance etc. But metal is just so powerful, great way to let your stress out
pll
Boles Roor wrote:
I'm a Rock/hard rock/punk rock lover, and I listen some metal too.

Like this for me ...
Mt prefers group :
-breaking Benjamin
-Shinedown
-3 days grace
And 3 doors down ...
darkelven
I love metal. Someone knows Warcry, Avalanche, Mago de Oz or Tierra Santa. They are spanish metal bands.
Their letters are so good and the music even!!!
celicapimp
This post didnt go as far as I hoped it would but it did alot better than I thought it would. Everyone that I talk to still dose not belive that almost all the music we listen to today came from mostly regee hard to belive I didnt belive it and then I read more and went deeper and found that its true But I belive that all music is good to an extent I dont like most rap due to all they talk about is killing people raping girls smakin there hoes, ect. Its pointless gangsta rap is the worst kind of music ever made. the new age rap not really rap anymore its more hip hop than anything thats all those you hear now. those just annoy me mostly so I stick with my true music love ROCK! plain and simple any kind of rock hard soft death metal it dosnet matter if its hard I love it. I dont listen to the lyrics I listen to the music I dont judge on what the lyrics say I could care less. I didnt like crossfade when they first came out because of the lyrics they had from the first song I ever heard . COLD, but I accualy stoped listend and said this isnt to bad I listend to the hole cd and said holy crap this is accualy pretty good, STILL NOT AS GOOD AS MUDVAYNE but still good. just so everyone know MUDVAYNE IS THE SHIZNIT, anyone who dont agree is jus plain crazy in my book but that dont make you a bad person IM A LOON MYSELF SO. I cant talk much
Zibé
I'm a fan of metal, grind an HxC...
but I also like Rap ( sorry Wink ).

I can listen Metal Bands like Avulsed ( thanks to spain to have created this
band !!!), Aborted, Nasum, or Cephalic carnage and Dillinger escape plan.
But NTM, IAM, Assassin, Java are very good french rap bands...

I think it's better to listen to all kinds of music
althalus
I love metal Very Happy

I listen to In flames and Opeth (both being brilliant swedish bands), Iced Earth, Korn... Just to mention a few Smile

Sadly we don't have any radiostaitons that play metal non-stop around where I live Crying or Very sad
darkelven
I listen metal. But not onmly metal . The rock music gots a lot of sub styles, from the beatles to cannibal corpse.

I think it's increddible the great lot of variations of rock that exist.

If you like the original, you have rock and roll.
And it's the metal rock, with the simphonic rock variations.
If you like machines, there is the industrial rock. Also is the electronic rock, and so on.
Anyone thinks that exists some people that don't like rock in some of its sub styles????

. I don't think so.
queendst
I love metal metal every now and then.
nakamaru
celicapimp wrote:
This post didnt go as far as I hoped it would but it did alot better than I thought it would. Everyone that I talk to still dose not belive that almost all the music we listen to today came from mostly regee hard to belive I didnt belive it and then I read more and went deeper and found that its true But I belive that all music is good to an extent I dont like most rap due to all they talk about is killing people raping girls smakin there hoes, ect. Its pointless gangsta rap is the worst kind of music ever made. the new age rap not really rap anymore its more hip hop than anything thats all those you hear now. those just annoy me mostly so I stick with my true music love ROCK! plain and simple any kind of rock hard soft death metal it dosnet matter if its hard I love it. I dont listen to the lyrics I listen to the music I dont judge on what the lyrics say I could care less. I didnt like crossfade when they first came out because of the lyrics they had from the first song I ever heard . COLD, but I accualy stoped listend and said this isnt to bad I listend to the hole cd and said holy crap this is accualy pretty good, STILL NOT AS GOOD AS MUDVAYNE but still good. just so everyone know MUDVAYNE IS THE SHIZNIT, anyone who dont agree is jus plain crazy in my book but that dont make you a bad person IM A LOON MYSELF SO. I cant talk much

Mudvayne is almost the best metal band ever besides maybe slipknot and trivium.
masterevil
i must say that neither linkin park, nor korn is metal. Nu-metal is not metal. Slipknot is metal but thats different.
Asylum
Alot of people still listen to metal here, (Vegas), I would say there is probally an equal number of the population that listen to rap and metal here.
shr3dd
metal founders sabbath didnt know they would create a trend-superceding genre that will be here til the end of the world. metal is the best form of heavy music. fuck that rap/rock crap. its just taking talent away from rock. bands like korn and papa roach gave heavy music a bad name. let's hear it for bands like slipknot, pantera, slayer, metallica, shadows fall, and bands of the like
tegames
i agree. slipknot are probably the best metal band out there at the moment in my opinion
goddessofdeath666
I know how you feel. It seems nowadays everyone listens to hiphop or rap. don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing that style, everyone has their own style and I think that's great. I just personally don't like it.

As for the metal-ness, I know of a lot of people who listen to music, particularily the non-mainstream. I have a HUGE list of bands that I like, that no one close to me has ever even heard of, and that's because more people are just familiar with the mainstream, which is replayed over and over, which means that technically everyone knows who/what it is. I mean, if everyone knew -Insert band here- than they'd most likely be listened to a lot more.

Either way, I'm a huge metal head, and I love it Smile
BioHaZaRD
I like mostly rock and hard rock. Some metal I like, but only ones that are on the border of hard rock/metal. Metallica, I really like, Master of Puppets is one of my favorite all-time albums.
Zibé
BioHaZaRD wrote:
I like mostly rock and hard rock. Some metal I like, but only ones that are on the border of hard rock/metal. Metallica, I really like, Master of Puppets is one of my favorite all-time albums.

You have the name of a great New York HxC band : BioHazard ( RIP Crying or Very sad ),
Are you a fan of this band ???
mr.e
I listen to alot of local metal bands and check out their shows. As far as bands that I listen to that people have actually heard of, they would have to be sepultra and slayer.
MetalChaos
i couldnt live without my metal music!
my favourite bands are...
Avenged Sevenfold
Metallica (i wouldnt call it metal tho)
Trivium
Atreyu
Machine Head
Bullet For My Valentine
loads loads more...
bkatz
celicapimp wrote:
Is there even anyone out there in the world anymore that listens to Metal? Because the world has gone crazy and moved to rap. Dont ask why but thats just how it seems

I do! Laughing Some of my fav bands are metallica, system of a down, and some others..really though TONS of people at my high school listen to metal it hasnt been left out.
naz
I also like Metal but I tend more to Black and Doom Metal. The other metal styles are not something I would like to listen all the time but some Band are really good. But I would say my "Mainmusic" is Black and Doom.
Also I like some atmospheric and other weird stuff, but I can't stand MTV-Stuff....
BioHaZaRD
Zibé wrote:
You have the name of a great New York HxC band : BioHazard ( RIP Crying or Very sad ),
Are you a fan of this band ???

Never heard of em.
ANGRA
MetalChaos wrote:
i couldnt live without my metal music!
my favourite bands are...
Avenged Sevenfold
Metallica (i wouldnt call it metal tho)
Trivium
Atreyu
Machine Head
Bullet For My Valentine
loads loads more...

What kind of metal is Atreyu?
Monochrome
I'm a metalhead, and I play in 3 metal bands Smile
And, besides, I hate hip-hop, rap... I tried to listen but I just can't. Whatever happens to the outer world me and my archive will stay metalic Razz

My favorite bands are usually softer metal types, like In Flames, Opeth but I listen to much heavier stuff... including black metal (I have a black metal band also).
magic
i hate metal and i hate rock to they both suck imo evn though ur not asking biut rok but its basically the same crap
atomictoyz
I never stopped listening to metal.

It's either in your blood or its not. It like trying to understand why you like a certain color over another or what your favorite flavor of ice cream is...

But not all metal is good, all you have to do it go to a local club and listen to metal bands that never get signed or even make enough money club'n to do a demo. Yikes.

I'd still rather listen to bad metal than country any day of the week, month, year, decade ,millenium, etc..etc... Twisted Evil

Whatever floats in your mote

Peace,
Atomic
soulman
I love metal, and there's lots of different style of metal music like gothic metal, death metal, heavay metal, industral metal and so on~

my favorite kind is gothic, because the music is classical, like nightwish, After Forever, Evanescence, and Within Temptation. These are all good bands~~
soilgrain
MUDVAYNE are one of the greatest bands on earth.

I'm glad someone agrees.
Anttu^^
I Listen to metal and here are some great bands that i like and they are: Iron Maiden, Samson, Bruce Dickinson, Children Of Bodom, Fintroll, Nightwish, Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica, Stratovarius, Timo Kotipelto. and there are plenty of more.. and i would say that 50% of Finland does Listen to Rock/Metal Cool
valo
Well, Rap is not music, that's just talking, with 99,9% swering. Rap sucks. If somebody wants to listen to rap, choose Clawfinger, because that is some metal too. Smile

Metal, thats music. That is as loud as it can be! Metal make people feel great! Especially Power MEtal. If you are angry, listen to In Flames or Skyfire. That is some great Melodic Death Metal bands. Then your angry brain slowly turn over to a happy brain.

Rap 0
Metal 1
Hippie
It appears to me that these days, people are trying to apply the title of metal to everything from rock to rap. For example, some bands that are NOT metal:
Linkin Park
Korn
Green Day
3 doors down
the list goes on, these are all bands that i've heard people refer to as metal in these forums. Bands that ARE metal
In Flames (the get mentioned first, being from sweden and all :-) )
Lamb of God
Killswitch engage
As I lay Dying
Slipknot
Mudvayne
Judas Priest
This is not to say that the non-metal bands aren't good. It just seems like some people bump bands like that into the metal category to make the bands sound cooler or something.......anyway, my two cents...
JoeCool
I listen to everything and can see your point from all sides. I like Rap but damn, it seems as if thats all MTV, and other music television channels focus on anymore. What ever happened to te metallica days, and the hard core alternative rock of the 90's, there were so many! oh well maybe They will mix it up a little better in the future in stead of going all out Hip Hop... just a thought
Hippie
rap brings in the money though....sex sells! yay capitalism........
johnyfitz
i listen to metal all the time, its just hard because there aren't many metal bands out there anymore. Metallica doesn't count, even though the only thing metal about them is their name and they weren't really hardcore metal in the first place. I wish i grew up more back in the 80s with all the metal bands. Confused i doubt metal will ever make a comeback though because of things like MTV and big labels that sign bullshit rap and r&b artists that sound like a bunch of idiots when they "sing". anyways, metal definately kicks ass.
dingdong666
Slammer wrote:
hell yeah! Twisted Evil \m/

You cant beat metal, i love all kinda of music, apart from trance n dance etc. But metal is just so powerful, great way to let your stress out

Exactly...
WHether I am happy or sad, Metal keeps me going all the time Twisted Evil
valo
althalus wrote:
I love metal Very Happy

I listen to In flames and Opeth (both being brilliant swedish bands), Iced Earth, Korn... Just to mention a few Smile

Sadly we don't have any radiostaitons that play metal non-stop around where I live Crying or Very sad

Try http://www.aolradio.com.

They have channels that plays only Black and Death Metal, Metalcore, Metal and much much more! They also have a Metallica only and Ozzy only channel. Thats a great place!

Swedish Metal are great. Skyfire, In Flames, Hammerfall and Divinefire are all great bands, but as a religious man, I prefer Divinefire, but ROCK ON IN FLAMES AND THE OTHER ONES!
Shewolf
masterevil wrote:
i must say that neither linkin park, nor korn is metal. Nu-metal is not metal. Slipknot is metal but thats different.

Slipknot is numetal!!!

And of course people listen to metal, not too many these days, but we do. Evil or Very Mad
ringo24
i love metall Twisted Evil

In tunisia they are many how love meta
Bernard
Maka wrote:
ouepa wrote:

Not underground rap, you dont know how many underground rap/hiphop fans there are, your sterotypeing typical rap ie 50 cent pop rap, you need to look further ahead and open your eyes.

I have same feeling than you Maka. And I'd be curious to know from what source Ouepa got those numbers.

The problem with Metal is there's too many fans with strict barriers, as soon as a band is going to do different stuff they get shot hard. In that conditions it's mostly impossible to be interested to seek original things in Metal. For Metal Artists who want be creative that can be quite frustrating to know that.

Underground Rap is doing the reverse, opened to anything and ready to absorb any genre as is doing the Rock in a general point of view. That help a lot into finding gems in Underground Rap.

Result is that non Rap fan are interested by Underground Rap but how many non Metal Fan are interested in Metal Underground? Is there anyway any interesting Metal Underground going into knew stuff not ten/twenty/thirty year old stuff?

Ha well if you have good url of site covering well Metal Undregound give them then.
Bernard
johnyfitz wrote:
i listen to metal all the time, its just hard because there aren't many metal bands out there anymore. Metallica doesn't count, even though the only thing metal about them is their name and they weren't really hardcore metal in the first place. I wish i grew up more back in the 80s with all the metal bands. Confused i doubt metal will ever make a comeback though because of things like MTV and big labels that sign bullshit rap and r&b artists that sound like a bunch of idiots when they "sing". anyways, metal definately kicks ***.

MTV isn't the meeting place of Music creativity.

Hardcore Metal? Well what you mean? It's quite obvious Metallica creating something new in 1983 and bunch of Metal copy them hard up to today. And that Metallica is a dead band now change nothing to that.
karysky
I love metal, but not heavy metal.

My favorite band of ALL TIME is Rammstein! They play industrial metal and I was surprised that no one mentionned them. They're very popular in Europe, but to a lesser degree in USA.

I think they're great, and my liking of them is turning to an obsession. I'm learning german right now, and I love everything there is to german culture because of them.

My picture is of their drummer, Christoph Doom Schneider.

Besides Rammstein, I love Craddle of Filth a bit (I love their music but absolutely hate the singer's voice), Ooomph (another german band), and well, about anything that's not too hard and scary Wink
Ray Salamon
Do I like metal?
http://last.fm/user/Bleeding_Soul
You tell me.
I do actually listen to about everything though (sans rap and hip hop). But metal is my main music genre.

-Ray
Screech
I think metal has gone downhill so much, all the medal there is these days is screaming and double bass, there is no heart in it anymore, it's just heavy-emo.

Metallica is a real metal band.
Helios
You mean WAS a real band..
After the Black they've started to become POPish.

In St. Anger, Ulrich aslo used double bass.

Iron Maiden is what you ment to say Smile
evestor
In my heart will always be a metal maniac. It's interesting that bands that most considered to be wuss metal like Poison, and Skid Row have made decent comebacks while other bands have waivered and gone more for the top 40 crowd. My personal favorites now are as follows:

Sonata Arctica In My opinion there is no one better at the present time.

Tool ok so you could call Tool rock I suppose but they rock hard and have yet to fail me.

Megadeth Anyone else happen to notice that when Metallica put out the Black Album that Megadeth released a pure masterpiece in "Countdown to Extinction?"

Dragonforce Fast Fast Fast Fast!!! They rock in every way possible.

Manowar Death to false metal. Manowar RULES!!!