FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What Do u Think About Love??

bessy
Well guys, Im starting a new thread on what u people think about true love?..

For me, theres nothing called true love except of the fact tht we can read those stories in our books n watch those stupid movies n the cafe.

Post your views guys!!. Cool
Scorpio
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-15245.html

Check this out
Traveller
Does anyone actually THINK about love?

It took me a while to find the following in English, but it fits the occasion:

A long time ago, before the world was created and humans set foot on it for the first time, virtues and vices floated around and were bored, not knowing what to do.

One day, all the vices and virtues were gathered together and were more bored than ever. Suddenly, Ingenious came up with an idea: Let's play hide and seek!

All of them liked the idea and immediately Madness shouted: I want to count, I want to count! And since nobody was crazy enough to want to seek Madness, all the others agreed. Madness leaned against a tree and started to count: One, two, three...

As Madness counted, the vices and virtues went hiding. Tenderness hung itself on the horn of the moon, Treason hid in a pile of garbage. Fondness curled up between the clouds and Passion went to the center of the earth. Lie said that it would hide under a stone, but hid at the bottom of the lake, whilst Avarice entered a sack that he ended up breaking. And Madness continued to count: ... seventy nine, eighty, eighty one...

By this time, all the vices and virtues were already hidden - except Love. For undecided as Love is, he could not decide where to hide. And this should not surprise us, because we all know how difficult it is to hide Love.

Madness: ...ninety five, ninety six, ninety seven... Just when Madness got to one hundred, Love jumped into a rose bush where he hid.

And Madness turned around and shouted: I'm coming, I'm coming!

As Madness turned around, Laziness was the first to be found, because Laziness had no energy to hide. Then he spotted Tenderness in the horn of the moon, Lie at the bottom of the lake and Passion at the center of the earth. One by one, Madness found them all - except Love.

Madness was getting desperate, unable to find Love. Envious of Love, Envy whispered to Madness: You only need to find Love, and Love is hiding in the rose bush.

Madness grabbed a wooden pitch fork and stabbed wildly at the rose bush. Madness stabbed and stabbed until a heartbreaking cry made him stop. Love appeared from the rose bush, covering his face with his hands. Between his fingers ran two trickles of blood from his eyes.

Madness, so anxious to find Love, had stabbed out Love's eyes with a pitch fork. What have I done! What have I done! Madness shouted. I have left you blind! How can I repair it?

And Love answered: You cannot repair my eyes. But if you want to do something for me, you can be my guide.

And so it came about that from that day on, Love is blind and is always accompanied by Madness.
Vrythramax
I have been in love with the same woman for almost 15 years, we have been married for 10, and it is still my pleasure to wake next to her in the morning. She is the Mother of our daughter, a constant source of pride for myself, and she is, and will continue to be the one I seek warmth from in the dead of night.

Yes Love Exists.

I hope you find it. Exclamation

@Traveller....

YES, some of us still do. Very Happy

@scorpio...

Very nice link....TY for reminding me Smile
eliasr
well, love really comes from the indside, and something i really hate, is to get a book in school as we SHALL read, where the book is about a man or a woman as is in love with another person, and we will se allllllll his problems and that.

how can somebody write a sorry about that on .. let me se how maney was it ? ... 280 pages - 320 pages thats crazy.

and well another thing about love, i think i would sing like jeff buckly - halelujah

But all I've ever learned from love
Was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you

( i haven't shoot anybody, but i would like to shoot my sisters last 2 boyfriends for being such an ******... special the first, he have ****** with her)
i hope she found and good person now, as REALLY love her and not just care for sport... he is skiing ... i don't hope it gonna happen again
silvermesh
I think people are too easy to call any little affection love, and then when it doesn't work out they are disheartened in the entire prospect of love. true love is this kind of thing that hits you like a mack truck and never lets go. you don't fall out of love, you just keep loving, and if you lost your love you would be miserable for years to come. It's an amazing thing.
Yazz
silvermesh wrote:
[...] and if you lost your love you would be miserable for years to come. It's an amazing thing.

Haha, sorry, that just made me chuckle...

I agree with you entirely. I've fallen in love twice, and I can distinct between when it's extreme affection and love. The first girl wouldn't have me as anything more than her friend. I loved her for the person she was and how beautiful she is. She changed a lot, and I fell out of love with her, cause it shouldn't be possible to love what no longer exists. Didn't matter much, however. I fell in love with another girl after a couple years. This girl was the perfect person for me in every way imaginable. We dated for about 2 months, but it was online. She hated the distance and broke up with me, saying that if we managed to get together in person and we were still single, things would work out then. But yeah, I was really crazily in love with her. It turned into infatuation, which drove her further away from me.

I still do love her, but I've quelled my heart. For now, I'll have to be content with the life of a single guy. (I'm not content >.>)

Sidenote: I did date someone after my break up with her, and it went on for 8 months, but it wasn't love... It was just lust. I'm still in the process of breaking up with her. To explain our relationship would require a whole new topic, lol. Also, the perfect girl is now dating someone else. Someone who resembles my personality in a lot of ways. That both makes me sad and happy at the same time.

-Yazz
Vrythramax
not sure of the poet (possibly Shakespear (SP??))...."tis better to have loved and lost, than never to loved at all"

I still say real loves still exists....and it is more than a sudden rush of blood to the groin.
Scorpio
Vrythramax wrote:
not sure of the poet (possibly Shakespear (SP??))...."tis better to have loved and lost, than never to loved at all"

I still say real loves still exists....and it is more than a sudden rush of blood to the groin.

Quote:
and it is more than a sudden rush of blood to the groin.

Rofl..

Anyway The fact is that many of us have not found one..

Unlike of course, dear max here who is lucky enough
rightclickscott
I don't even want to think about love right now. I recently got dumped by someone who I considered my one true love. I mean, I wanted to be single for awhile, because I've basically been with her ever since High School, but I loved her so much, and now I'm something I wanted to be, but really, I miss having her around. We're still friends, but all the love is gone. I think I'm gonna go drown my sorrows in some whiskey.
Vrythramax
scorpio wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:

Quote:
and it is more than a sudden rush of blood to the groin.

Rofl..

Anyway The fact is that many of us have not found one..

Unlike of course, dear max here who is lucky enough

Thank You for your kind quote....but I did not "find" love, it seems to have found me and I was lucky enough to grab it...and hold on Wink
Scorpio
Vrythramax as philosophical as ever...

Anyway, I guess people would feel better if they were half as lucky as you.. Wink
Traveller
Vrythramax wrote:

It was Alfred Tennyson.

My response (from personal experience):

Some say, “’Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have been in love at all,”
But unrequited love still has its cost
Exacted from the hearts of those who fall.

“To fall” is a befitting term for love:
Unless someone to catch you is around
It takes you to the highest heights above
And drops you, without mercy, to the ground.

Then, from the ground, it’s hard to look back up
To where your heart’s emotions once had been.
But, even when your tears have filled your cup,
You know that you would do it all again.

So, maybe what they say is true enough,
But even if “’tis better,” still ’tis rough.
geyikkutuphanesi
Love is, wearing something that for suitable yourself. Smile
eliasr
Vrythramax wrote:
not sure of the poet (possibly Shakespear (SP??))...."it's better to have loved and lost, than never to loved at all"

that is shakespear

by the way, he is right, if i not will get a women sometime, then would i have it better if i had sex with a hooker then die without getting anything

it's actually nolt that it's saying, because mine is Lost and loved, not loved and lost ^^ haha
Traveller
eliasr wrote:
that is shakespear

No. It's Tennyson:

Quote:
Origin

From Alfred Tennyson's poem 'In Memoriam:27', 1850.

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Source: http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/62650.html
TonkPilz
i tink love is a bunce of hormones and chemicals messing whit you but well so are all other feelings apart from pain
Vrythramax
Traveller wrote:

It was Alfred Tennyson.

My response (from personal experience):

Some say, “’Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have been in love at all,”
But unrequited love still has its cost
Exacted from the hearts of those who fall.

“To fall” is a befitting term for love:
Unless someone to catch you is around
It takes you to the highest heights above
And drops you, without mercy, to the ground.

Then, from the ground, it’s hard to look back up
To where your heart’s emotions once had been.
But, even when your tears have filled your cup,
You know that you would do it all again.

So, maybe what they say is true enough,
But even if “’tis better,” still ’tis rough.

I stand corrected...TY , but I still say true love still exists. Wink
Traveller
Vrythramax wrote:
I stand corrected...TY , but I still say true love still exists. Wink

That, I will certainly not dispute. Smile
Juparis
Love? What a deep topic...

"Love" alone is far too vague--it's one word I greatly dislike in the English language.
If we're going to talk about love, can we use some Greek to clarify?
Love (to my knowledge) has 3 main "states," so to speak.
eros - a more sexual-type love. Root of the word "erotic"
agape - an unconditional love for all
phileo - the love a father and son would share

I doubt I myself have experienced true love--I think that's something saved for the more mature and elder folks. Wink I think modern society (esp. on television) usually, if not always, portrays the eros-type love. It brainwashes the children into thinking that sex/lust = love, when they're completely separate. I myself find it hard to distinguish when I think I really enjoy someone's company and when my mind is just trying to get closer to their pants...
SkullPizza
But what of those who express the idea that love is just another of evolutions tricks that solidifies survival? That it is nothing but neurotransimitters doing their dirty work in your brain? Does anyone one feel that this view would be devaluing such a hallowed concept as love?

and if not why not?

I'm not saying that I do feel this way just that I wanted to get some opinions before I elaborated my ideas further.
roeenoy
love is wonderful thing who peoples fells..
many of people fall in love.....
you can not explain what love means.. you just love it!!
one loves the second...
oneightwo
I believe in true love. Sure beats not believing, doesn't it? I mean, otherwise it kind of degrades the whole 'search for your life partner' goal thing. Love is something we use to disguise or sex-drive, i guess. i dunno. But i definately hope there is true love. Very Happy Cool
orbital
love is a strange emotion.
dz9c
Love is whatever you think it is. No real definition for love.
insolent1
geyikkutuphanesi wrote:
Love is, wearing something that for suitable yourself. Smile

I know this statement somewhere:D Very Happy
Vrythramax
dz9c wrote:
Love is whatever you think it is. No real definition for love.

I heard that if you count the times you think of another person over the course of the day as opposed to yourself and that number was higher....your more than likely in love Very Happy
Yazz
Who really thinks of themselves...

I personally am selfless to an unnatural degree (and I get chastised for it sometimes...). So I don't really know how often normal people think of themselves... I think about my personal problems abou 5-7 times a day when I'm not stressed out... the rest of the time I'm thinking of my friends.

Oh, and even if love is just a bunch of neurons and chemicals in your brain, that's what the universe is. Our minds create a world for ourselves, and we all live in it. Every person is a personal universe. Everything you think, have opinions about, everyone you care about, have ever met, they all create a universe in your mind which you're living in. So, we sort of all are in the center of the universe, but the universe is our own. So, love can exist for those who's personal universes include it. It's more of a choice to believe in it than it is a fact to believe in.

This is deeper stuff, needs a new topic, but I wont bother making one.

-Yazz
Vrythramax
many think only of themselves, that is why we have words like "self-centered" and "selfish"...I was mearly trying to give another opinion that was from a differing standpoint. Smile
saiyeek
True love never really exist...........................
its all about physical attraction. Self love is the greatest love.
meet in rio
[This post has been removed by the user.]