FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does frihost support .fla files?

Vanquish
I have been trying out various hosts today but none of them support .fla files, and I was wondering if frihost did?
It's my first time using a template and basically making a good site, only make begginer ones before so it's a challenge for me.

Thanks in advance,
Neal
anticitizen1
mm, if theres no copyrights problems with those .fla files
you have manage your bandwith...
krazycapital
Umm......... If you are trying to view the site and not have people download it, you have to export it to .swf. Yes, it works with .fla's for downloads. Other than that, see above. As long as they aren't under copyrights (or copyrighted to yourself.)
Scorpio
Yes it is supported and as said above, use swf files alone if you are planning to only display the flash files to the user..

If you want to let them donwload it then u can use .fla files but must be your own creations
Bondings
If it is just an extension, then yes we do support it. If the server has to do something special with that file then most likely no.
n0obie4life
You need to copmile it into an .swf before it can be seen on a user's browser?
Daniel15
n0obie4life wrote:
You need to copmile it into an .swf before it can be seen on a user's browser?

Yes, to allow a web browser to see the Flash animation, you need to compile it into a SWF file. This can be done in Flash by pressing Ctrl+Enter (Test Movie, this generates a SWF file in the same directory as the FLA) or File --> Publish.

Basically, the FLA is the source file, and the SWF is the compiled version. Much like you need an EXE file rather than the source code to run a Windows program, the same thing applies to Flash files

SWF files work fine on FriHost, http://www.stickboarder.be/index.dsa is a site hosted on FriHost that uses Flash. As you'll see, SWF files work fine

-closed- to prevent redundant replies. If you'd like to reopen this topic, just PM me or another moderator.