FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Easy way to see all the FriHost websites

Donutey
A lot of people have been asking for a directory from bondings with all of the FriHost sites etc...

Here's a shortcut that is pretty easy, but not perfect:

For server 1 (frihost.net) type this into google

Code:
site:*frihost.net

For server 2:
Code:
site:*frih.net
Vrythramax
Code:
Results 1 - 10 of about 35 for site: *frih.net. (0.41 seconds)

not very impressive, I think there are more people hosted on server #2 than that.
Assiez
Quote:
Results 1 - 10 of about 51,200 for *frih.net. (0.39 seconds)

hmm I got more for the exact same search

but 51k isn't the number of sites, many sites are listed twice, a seperate listing for each section.
faker
still it is easy since google can practically search for any site available
Donutey
it lists ALL of the pages of every Frihost site that's been indexed by google, for example, my site comes up with about 40 pages...

It's not perfect, but if you wanted to look at FriHost-ed sites then this is a stopgap way to do it before the directory.
Vrythramax
Assiez wrote:
Quote:
Results 1 - 10 of about 51,200 for *frih.net. (0.39 seconds)

hmm I got more for the exact same search

but 51k isn't the number of sites, many sites are listed twice, a seperate listing for each section.

I simply typed as you stated...Google is a bit....er... overwhelmed?

FYI...Google also lists me personally over 4,000 times. Just a bit of overkill there. Wink
Blaster
I can't find my site at all. The directory will be nicer. Thanks for letting us know though Very Happy
Donutey
be careful to enter the search exactly "site:*frih.net" or "site:*frihost.net" without the "*" or "site:" you will get very loose results.
rajhank
I am unable to check all the websites.

May be it doesn't give 100% result.

Better still, we are waiting for the directory page to open and then all of us would be able to check everyone's site.
Bondings
You can use this search: http://www.google.com/search?q=inurl:frih.net , however the number is rather all the pages indexed (and only a guess of it). But you can take a look at a lot of websites that way. Also, not all are indexed by google and we host a lot of domains too. Wink
Michael B
It dose not give a 100% result. I only got on the google index 3 days ago, before that a search for my site would turn up nothing.
Last time I checked I came up 23 for a search of FireFox Toolbar Buttons, which is the name of my FireFox extension.

site.frih.net
oneightwo
the problem is, it comes up with stuff like sub-sub-domains, etc. i couldn't even be bothered to go through and find my website on there. gah! 31000 results!
dz9c
I think I'll wait for the directory, thanks anyway Smile