FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Age of Empires 3

snowboardalliance
I think there was an old topic for this but I didnt see it..
anyway
I just got this game. It's pretty fun. Who else plays?
Scorpio
Not me...

I like AoE 2 and AoM as well..

not AoE3

But i play lots of tycoon and strategy games
eempie
Once again the game is full of bugs when released
The first 2 days i tried playing it normally but after that I gave up

AOEII was better
Master-
I think AoE3 is fun, but still... AoE2 is kind of better though.
coozy
i think age of 2 nicer than age of 3 Cool
snowboardalliance
Yeah, AoE2 is pretty sweet. I still enjoy AoE3 though, it's something new.
brad31337
I personally think AOE3 is quite a good game. The only problem I've played lots of AOE and AOE2. Maybe for someone who hadn't played the two predecessors it would be a good game. The younger children coming through getting into gaming. Personally I played about 2/3 of the campaign and stopped playing it. I might install it again though... depends if anyone plays it online or not.
Spe_eddy
Hey, im 15, and i've had all three AOE's, i think the online play is much better on AOE3 than on the 2 prvious versions, it is a better game, but AOE2 was much better in its time, its a bit of a step sideways, except in online play.
ZeTaS
i think that ppl that say that age 3 its better its cuz they like to play nice games (graphics) not a real game with their diferent strats... and also... the time of age 2 conquerors its a nicer age to being figthin than the colonial age... just musketeers stand on ground and firing... and getting blasted by cannons... nah i prefer melee weapons like the knigths, champions and all that stuff.
snowboardalliance
Spe_eddy wrote:
Hey, im 15, and i've had all three AOE's, i think the online play is much better on AOE3 than on the 2 prvious versions, it is a better game, but AOE2 was much better in its time, its a bit of a step sideways, except in online play.

Yeah, built-in online play is a lot better than that zone thing.
omni_de_chronos
I love aoe3, the graphics are great, the only problem with the game is, you need a VERY good system to be able to experience the game fully. Myself i have a pretty good system so i play without that much lag, however, when i go to my friend's house, whenever there's a sea battle or a cannonade, his comp would freeze really bad. So if you have a high end system, i would recommend it.
KSheriff
I've played all three quite a bit. I liked 2 and 3 quite a bit, and really feel that both were very good. I don't see the point of making AoE games that become restricted to the same timeframe, so I don't mind the guns and cannons at all.

I actually really enjoy the card system, and thought it was a really nice addition to the game.
pokethamage
i luv aoe3...i downloaded both games' demos to see which to buy...aoe2's graphics threw me off...AND aoe3 was on sale for me...so of course i bought aoe 3...then i kept playing it day by day...then suddenly my cousin went and bought himself aoe2...then i started talking aoe3 to him...and then he got so confused...i was talking about forts and HC shipments and he was like "wa?"...i knew HC shipments werent in aoe2 but i didnt know forts were castles "back then"...so he got crazy and i shut up...lol ya i'm weird...aoe3's graphics are so much better than aoe2...the ppl in aoe 2 couldnt walk diagonally right...it was like an old DOS game...aoe3 looks more modern...and the gameplay is easier...even though not as variable as aoe 2...

main point: i think aoe2 is worse than aoe3 solely because of graphics...and i'm entitled to my opinion...so dont start cursing me...aoe2 luvers...plz...lol
Rmgk
Yeh ive played all 3, at first i didnt like AOE 3 but then it grew on me and i started enjoying it more, its pretty fun.

BTW the dutch pwn Razz
kill_bill
eempie wrote:
Once again the game is full of bugs when released
The first 2 days i tried playing it normally but after that I gave up

AOEII was better

you right
AoE II nice game.
AoE III no Sad
jendrex
I like Age of Empires 3 but I have computer and now I playin Age of Empires 2 & Age of Mythology.. AOE 3 is the best strategy game in my opinion.
Spe_eddy
if you have any bugs there is a patch you can download from the empire stuidios website (link on the game), ive downloaded it and i havnt experienced any bugs Very Happy
sgwreviews
I like AoE 3, but I liked AoE2 too.
AoE3 has better graphics and new interesting elements.
AoE2 can get very repetitive sometimes.
I haven't experienced this with AoE3.
For me AoE3 is the best.
DeadX
I like AOE III,
The problem I had when I wanted to play AOE III over lan with friends is that the home city levels where far from equal,
but then I discovered that it's easy to modify the home city files in the my games folder.
But I still have 'problems' with the round maps, it ruins my city lay-out ! :p
snowboardalliance
pokethamage wrote:
i luv aoe3...i downloaded both games' demos to see which to buy...aoe2's graphics threw me off...AND aoe3 was on sale for me...so of course i bought aoe 3...then i kept playing it day by day...then suddenly my cousin went and bought himself aoe2...then i started talking aoe3 to him...and then he got so confused...i was talking about forts and HC shipments and he was like "wa?"...i knew HC shipments werent in aoe2 but i didnt know forts were castles "back then"...so he got crazy and i shut up...lol ya i'm weird...aoe3's graphics are so much better than aoe2...the ppl in aoe 2 couldnt walk diagonally right...it was like an old DOS game...aoe3 looks more modern...and the gameplay is easier...even though not as variable as aoe 2...

main point: i think aoe2 is worse than aoe3 solely because of graphics...and i'm entitled to my opinion...so dont start cursing me...aoe2 luvers...plz...lol

You've gotta really try out multiplayer in AoE2 to get into it.
DeFwh
i play sometimes but im still just playing the campaigns on expert which is getting tough
fatihalp89
my frist strategy game age of 2 it s wonderfull

think 3 is affectation

dont want to play it(3)
pokethamage
snowboardalliance wrote:
You've gotta really try out multiplayer in AoE2 to get into it.

that's what my cousin said...but i have no one that i know to play against and everyone else online that i dont know kiks my butt...so there...lol...i still think aoe 3 is better
DeFwh
aoe 2 is just more old school which i like along with tiberian sun and yuris revenge. AOE 3 is the dawn of new real time strategy gaming.