FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

When last did God talk to you and how did He? (Christians)

Wynand
When last did God talk to you and how did He? (Christians)

I always called myself a Christian, but it is only the last few months that I started to walk a path with God that I found out what it really means to me a Christian.

Know I have an interesting question to ask you: When last did God talk to you and how did He?

To give you an example of how God talked to me: (This might seem minor but when you are a Christian small things like this will matter to you).

I was on the tennis court today and was winning against my opponent. The thought struck into my head to ask God to help me win, but then I thought that you must not bother God with such things, so I did not ask Him to help me.

I lost the game.

Later today I realized that you cannot do anything without God’s help, no matter what you do…
pcrecord
God, never talked to me.. Of course, I believe in something greater than me but I must rely on thrust and hope... Glad you find your way and start inspiring others.
Vanquish
I'm not sure on wether or not I believe in god or not, and i'm not up for a democratical arguement or to cause trouble, but I just can't picture it in my head. I do think there is something out there, but not sure what, I sometimes believe in spirits of dead relatives, not haunting spirits, but spirits that watch over you and take care of you. My nannie died not long ago of melanoma skin cancer and I feel like she is around me, taking care of me, it's nice to have that feeling as you can remember them all the time.
Regards,
Neal

PS- By nannie I mean nana, it's just what I called her, just for you Americans because I think nannie over there means like baby sitter or something?
elincinerador
Wynand wrote:
you cannot do anything without God’s help, no matter what you do…

that's right. i have lots of examples. for instance: plenty of times happened to me that i was doing something but there was a voice inside me that prevented me of keep on doing it. and after reasoning i came to the conclusion that i was mistaken and i thank god he talked to me. God also talked to me a few days ago. i was thinking in my relation with my friends, the fights we had, and i suddenly realized I was the problem and that they didn't have any reason to keep on being my friends, but they still were there. they didn't had to do it, but they did. the voice of God made me ralize that if i didn't change i may loose them. now i'm working on it.
simpleHalakhah
Thus far, the xamples posted have nothing to do with Chrisitianity. They could have been referring to "The Force" just as well.
Soulfire
Some things are just "signs." And I have to step back a few times and wonder "Is this God-given?" But most of all, I talk to God through dream. As crazy as it sounds, I have (well, had) many dreams about God, Jesus, and the Second Coming.
mike1reynolds
Soulfire wrote:
Some things are just "signs." And I have to step back a few times and wonder "Is this God-given?" But most of all, I talk to God through dream. As crazy as it sounds, I have (well, had) many dreams about God, Jesus, and the Second Coming.
Really?! That doesn’t sound crazy to me at all! Dreams are real. Let me give you one example of my own. I would love to hear some of yours. I’ll start a new thread on this!
RaMo
Nice you start one yet?
mike1reynolds
Yes, it's called Apocalyptic Dreams.

Thanks for reminding me to mention that!
superbyte
Dreams about Apocalypsys?

Most people understand by Apocalypsys that it means the 'End of the World' but what it simply means is 'Revelation' and is used on the Bible because of the revelations that some people had long long time ago and most of that revelations were about destruction of the world, but not all of them. You know what I mean, if you've read at least a bit of the 'Apocalypsys' in any Bible.
totax
so nice to see other Christian's the reason that im here is that im building a site about and For jesus...Telling Who jesus really is and What he heave done for me!
I started really to be a Christian after easter...But i allways heave called me a christian....
After Chrismas i started at a Christian school...So Nice to be sutch a good Place with much Christian friends......
Want to talk to me about Jesus???
My msn messenger: ThomasVasshus@msn.com
TwinkleCarnage
If there is a god......then why all the pain and war and bad things in the world? There really is no point in it. Yes, people argue that it is so you can learn from it, but I don't buy that....Maybe there isn't a god.....or maybe there is and he just doesn't care. Maybe he or she created the universe and is now just sitting back and watching what happens to it.
totax
The reason it's bad thing's to is That Eva and Adam took that apple, and dont foget that Satan is here Too!
But Satan(lucifer) only heave Human power...God heave spiritual power!

Hope you Did Understand!

God Bless!
TwinkleCarnage
If the adam and eve story is even true.......what kind of god denies such things as that to it's "children"? and how on earth could they have lived happily, if they didn't know what happiness was? they had nothing to compare it to, because well, they didn't know really what sadness is.........They didn't have the basic knowledge of good vs. bad before that apple. And even so, do you really think that the entire human race could have descended from 2 people? NOpe.