FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

About alexa toolbar!

webbone
I want to install a alexa toolbar in my computer,But kapasky personal 5.0.388 show a warning of backdoor!
I get the toolbar from alexa.com,What I will to do?
Traveller
You actually WANT to install spyware on your computer? Lots of anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-adware tools go through great pains to eliminate Alexa and have widely document how difficult it can sometimes be to get rid of it!
alienjones
Just don't install Alexa Wink

Seriuosly, this application is a well known dataminer - software that’s primary function is to gather data about an end-user. I don't see any advantages in using Alexa.
Scorpio
That toolbar is spyware renamed..

You go ahead and install it

Before that you can take one last screenshot of your current system

Cause it is going down
Shake
Never install any toolbar, especially for IE.
You'll have one heck of a time trying to get rid of it.

Why would you need any toolbar? You don't.
Go get Firefox for the things you do need.
bassgs_17
TOOLBAR? NO! Like others have said, stay away from toolbars, especially Alexa. Also, the Google toolbar steals info as well, however many deem it "harmless". Yes, I wear a foil hat!

-Aquastrike
benjad
Alexa, hrm... sounds familiar.

I seem to remember that Alexa is a new name for an old advisary. This old foe did awful things, stole passwords, spammed the hell out of people, and generally ruined the old name, so they had to get a new one. They might even have gotten the hell sued out of them.

Oh yeah, I rememeber.

Alexa's old name was GATOR! For the love of god, get rid of it fast. I wouldn't trust that brand in any way!
Stubru Freak
webbone wrote:
I want to install a alexa toolbar in my computer,But kapasky personal 5.0.388 show a warning of backdoor!
I get the toolbar from alexa.com,What I will to do?

If you download a backdoor, and you have anti-spyware software, it will alert you of what you're doing.

If you really want to install the spyware (for example for testing purposes on an old system), go ahead.

If you don't want to install the spyware, follow the advice of the software and don't install it.