FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

anyone initial d anime fan

filet
hi,
i havent watched initial d anime yet. hows it?i only watched initial d movie. if the initial d anime is not that interesting, what would you suggest ? Wink
driftingfe3s
I liked Initial D. I was never into cars before untill I started to watch this anime. I got all three stages and quickly watched them. The animation style is kinda ehhh for me, and the CG is kinda crappy in the begining. It improves though. Initial D has a hage fan following so I guess they are doing something right.
Vashni
ive never even heard of it yet. where does it play and stuff?
NewGuyinTown
The Initial D Fourth Stage Setting takes place in Japan.

The movie is acted out by Chinese actors. I haven't watch the movie and don't know if the original version is in Mandarin and Cantonese. There is also an English dubbed of it I believe.

You can always google this for more accurate information.

I watched couple of episodes of Initial D Fourth Stage and didn't like it. Maybe it's because I'm not interested in racing anime.
Traveller
Similar to what "Drift" said earlier, I am not a big fan of car/racing anime, etc., but love Initial D, even the racing scenes. In addition, I really like the music from the series (which gives me an idea for a new topic!).

Vashni,

It plays on your TV when you put the DVD into the player. Laughing

Seriously: I don't watch broadcast TV, nor live in the U.S. to be able to say whether or not it is on Cartoon Network or the like (their website would probably say), but I would be surprised if Netflix doesn't have it. In general, since the series was originally published in 1998, it should be pretty easy to find.

For further info: http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,212,jpvurt,initial_d___fir.html
exarkun
I have seen the Inital D movie, acted by a chinese singer, and the effects, I can say, come out right. It has the feeling that makes you think that there is no diffenence between the anime and the movie. One word: GOOD!!!
urbanbuddha
exarkun wrote:
I have seen the Inital D movie, acted by a chinese singer, and the effects, I can say, come out right. It has the feeling that makes you think that there is no diffenence between the anime and the movie. One word: GOOD!!!

NewGuyinTown wrote:
The movie is acted out by Chinese actors. I haven't watch the movie and don't know if the original version is in Mandarin and Cantonese. There is also an English dubbed of it I believe.

Not really a singer, but it's Edison Chan which, to some can be considered to be an idol. He plays the main character, Fujiwara Takumi driving the Toyota 86/Treuno

One of my major peeve with the live action movie is the missing yellow RX-7. Seriously that's just on par with how X-men left out beast until X3. Also there's a lack of avex tracks in the movie, ie. Move.

As well, if you're starting to get into Initial D. It should be watch in this order:
Initial D - First Stage
Initial D - Second Stage
Initial D - Extra Stage
Initial D - Third Stage (Animated Movie)
Initial D - Fourth Stage

* The star represents where you could watch the Chinese (it's originall in Cantonese) Initial D Live Action Movie.

I hope that clears things up. ^^
carlokes
I've watched everything that exists about the series Initial D (except the mangas) and it is a fantastic anime about street racers and all the philosophy around it.

As urbanbuddha said is it important to watch the series in the order he mentioned or youll lose some important and funny aspect of the serie.

Another thing that it quite cool is the OST Euro Beat based...there are a lot of cd's out and for the ones that like it i recommend Razz
Echoes
Hi everyone, in my country we only watched until chapter 12 of the 2nd. Stage by ANIMAX. The TV Series is awesome, here in Peru you find the series in a mall. Here we have a lot of Fans of the anime and i know Initiald D have 4 season. 1 movie (starring by Jay Chou), 3 OVAs(maybe more, i don't know)
If some body wants the series. If somebody knows SPANISH language maybe i can send the videos from the TV Series, 'cause you find here with the original Language (Japanese) and subtitled in spanish

See ya Laughing
Echoes
Traveller wrote:
Similar to what "Drift" said earlier, I am not a big fan of car/racing anime, etc., but love Initial D, even the racing scenes. In addition, I really like the music from the series (which gives me an idea for a new topic!).

Vashni,

It plays on your TV when you put the DVD into the player. Laughing

Seriously: I don't watch broadcast TV, nor live in the U.S. to be able to say whether or not it is on Cartoon Network or the like (their website would probably say), but I would be surprised if Netflix doesn't have it. In general, since the series was originally published in 1998, it should be pretty easy to find.

For further info: http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,212,jpvurt,initial_d___fir.html

The Music of Initial D is from the Group MOVE . The opening song calls "RAGE YOUR DREAM" Laughing
exarkun
urbanbuddha wrote:
exarkun wrote:

NewGuyinTown wrote:

Not really a singer, but it's Edison Chan which, to some can be considered to be an idol. He plays the main character, Fujiwara Takumi driving the Toyota 86/Treuno

Are you sure it is not a singer? Actually the main role (the guy driving AE86) is being acted by Jay Chou, a popular rap singer in taiwan.
driftingfe3s
I thought the moive sucked big time. I wactched only 15 mins and then I gave up.
urbanbuddha
exarkun wrote:
urbanbuddha wrote:
exarkun wrote:

NewGuyinTown wrote:

Are you sure it is not a singer? Actually the main role (the guy driving AE86) is being acted by Jay Chou, a popular rap singer in taiwan.

Yeah you are right, Takumi (the main character) is played by Jay Chou. Edison Chen played Ryousuke. I guess I got them mixed up. Confused

For more info of the actors, check out the (good ol') imdb link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439630/
Lord Kuat
Hey Dawgs, it's Initial D!!!!

Man, those cars are l337.
idrather_not
Initial D?
Woah, my cousin loves it but I have no idea what it is...
Traveller
idrather_not wrote:
Initial D?
Woah, my cousin loves it but I have no idea what it is...
Initial D is a car-racing anime, but it is much, much better than Speed Racer (which was a long time ago, anyway, and kind of lame). Instead, it is street racing, and treacherous, mountain-street racing, at that. You should borrow the beginning of if from your cousin and try it out! Smile

Of course, don't forget to look it up at AnimeNfo (yes, the name and URL are correct: they don't have an I for "info").
carlokes
Initial D is THE anime of car racing animes. Nothing will beat his reputation that started in 1997 Razz

The new Fast and the Furious is based on everything that the anime is about (drifting, mountain passes....)
radares2
Inital D is the best anime I've ever seen... I've already watched all 4 stages and I'm waiting for the fifth. Cool
By the way, does anybody know when is 5th stage is going to be out for the public? I read somewhere else that probably it would be relased late 2008 and begining 2009. Question
bond4154
Basically put, Initial D is a Japanese mountain racing anime. The story revolves around a skilled, although reluctant, teenager who slowly becomes a legend because he can beat some of the toughest races in Gunma driving an Toyota AE86 Treuno (most cars in Initial D has horsepower over 250, with one car going as high as 350; the 86, as the Treuno is affectionately known, only has 86 at peak performance). The anime is popular because, rather than cheesy wins and emoness, Initial D revolves heavily around theory; victories and losses are made because of different driving skills, psychological tricks, car mechanics, driving techniques, and such, allowing them to make much more sense than just for drama.
Seiji
I've watched the Live Action movies. I use to have Initial D as my wallpaper a long time ago. I never got into the series because I'm not really into car racing.
prilly_baby
I've watched 4th stage and the live action movie. Its a pretty good story with really nice cars. I think it's a good watch for people who are into that kind of stuff! The game isnt bad either, rather quite addicting lol
mansonivan
Initial D? well What can i say, nice n solid car! You will get excited when watch it. this anime make you feel wan to try those skills with your car but better not trying anything if u r not confident to it. Laughing and one thing, make sure it wont harm anyone and urself. Compare Initial D anime, manga and movie, i think anime is d best. Dont you reckon?
bond4154
Oh, god, please do not judge Initial D by its live action movie. The live action movie totally raped the characters and took a lot of storyline and crap out of it. The anime is simply so much better.