FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Astronomy - what do you have for a telescope and any comment

schumway
I have a celestron short tube newtonian 6" and it is great other than I do not have a motor mount for it yet. To get the motors it is about another 130USD and I do not have a decent camera for it although many people are trying web cams.

I would like to get a digital focusser as well. there is quite the challenge when trying to focus on something.

But I would highly recommend this scope. I am tentatively looking at a larger one. I would like to get a 14" but not settled on it because of the weight and size.
computer_tom
i dont do astronomy but have always wanted too, sounds like fun no time Sad. i do have a little 3-4 inch one not bad small with little zoom lol
quixotic
We have a pretty good telescope that is about 24". The problem is that we live in Chicago, so there's not really a lot of room to get out and SEE anything, though when we used to do work for the county over in their forest preserves in the middle of the night, I always liked to bring our telescope with.

In West Virginia my aunt has a telescope, and it's SO much fun to look there. The only problem I had was that while we were looking at jupiter, there was only about a 10 minute window before it fell behind the mountains, so that was kinda sad.
ZenFountain
I still have my old Meade 4500 (4.5" newt, equatorial mount) that I use from tme to time. The optics could be better but it was cheap when I bought and I have a decent collection of 1.25" accessories for it.
Panthrowzay
The night sky against the spring red moon buetiful
schumway
24" scope? WOW

since you can't use it in your bright city... how bout you ship it up north to Canada and I can look after it for you...