FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dose freehost host sites with domains registered elsewhere

mike_phi
First of all I would just like to apologize for my previous post I was not spamming I accidently posted it as a guest and really wanted to be notified when my guestion gets answered so please answer here.

Hi I would like to know if free host would host a site even though the domain name is registered on another site or would I have to transfer the domain name.

If so what procedures can I follow inorder to establish this arrngement of having a domain registered on another site yet have hosting here on frihost.

Kind Regards Mic
Bondings
Yes we do support them. However, you will need to have an option at your registrar to change the nameservers of your domain to ours.
n0obie4life
Bondings wrote:
Yes we do support them. However, you will need to have an option at your registrar to change the nameservers of your domain to ours.

Our nameservers are ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net . You can add your domain under "Domain pointers" in Directadmin when you get your account Wink.
heady233
mike_phi wrote:
First of all I would just like to apologize for my previous post I was not spamming I accidently posted it as a guest and really wanted to be notified when my guestion gets answered so please answer here.

Hi I would like to know if free host would host a site even though the domain name is registered on another site or would I have to transfer the domain name.

If so what procedures can I follow inorder to establish this arrngement of having a domain registered on another site yet have hosting here on frihost.

Kind Regards Mic
To setup your domain to work with Frihost you should follow these steps.

1. Go to the site that your domain is hosted at and look for nameserver settings. Set Primary DNS to ns1.frih.net and Secondary DNS to ns2.frih.net.

2. Go to Domain Setup in Direct Admin and press Add Another Domain.

3. Fillout that form and press submit.

4. Wait untill your domain's DNS settings have applied and you're done.