FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Email Question

pansophia
I just discovered a webhost I'm using won't let me send out a simple group email without sending out subscribe notices. I just tested the Frihost mailinglist and it seems to work fine. However, I don't want the email to come from the Frihost domain name, I'd like it to come from the domain of my main web site. Is there any way to do this?
photon
you can try using email redirection, although i dont know if it will work for mailing lists
pansophia
Is there a good place to read up on that? I've never worked with email at all before.

Ps. Thanks for the tip!
Animal
This really depends on what kind of group email you want to send. If it's an email to a group of your firends, as long as its not marketing etc, you should be able to use your current host to send to multiple recepients.

However, if it is marketing or project related, the subscribe notices are used to make sure both you and the host do not get into trouble over sending unsolicited (spam) email. Frihost have run into problems before with the email system being used for spamming, and this resulted in AOL blocking all emails from all Frihost domains. It would therefore be better if you could just send out the subscription notices and use your current host as it is - why do you not want to use subscription notices anyway?
anandagowda
can any one post a link so that we will get some more information regarding this
pansophia
My main web host is http://www.dreamhost.com

They force you to send out a subscribe message and they won't let me modify the message at all.

The list I have includes over 1000 people, so I'd prefer to use an announcement list that will just let me paste in all these email addresses. They are all personal contacts that I don't normally need to send a "subscribe" message to contact. Sad