FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FriHost 1 year Birthday Guess

Donutey
I'm guessing that in the six days or so, Bondings will have a nice new directory, and website of the week, and another gig of storage for fun!!
Vrythramax
Donutey wrote:
I'm guessing that in the six days or so, Bondings will have a nice new directory, and website of the week, and another gig of storage for fun!!

Bondings is too cool...but an extra gig would b nice Smile

For the record, Bondings has shown me great kindness and patience with my crap.
dz9c
Another GIg would be nice. For the people who have a frihost website at least. And wait I dont remember, did you mean bandwith or storage? I would pick bandwith over storage any day.
Blaster
I don't use much Bandwith. I would love to see the website of the week come in play becuase i was the person to suggest it. Very Happy

An extra gig of space would be cool but it isn't hapening.

Maybe 1000 frih$ for all!!! Very Happy
dz9c
Blaster wrote:
Maybe 100 frih$ for all!!! Very Happy

You would like that wouldnt you? You have enough money as it is from posting like 300 times in the same thread lol...
n0obie4life
1,000 FRIH$ for n0obie. More space for you all Razz.

No, I don't know if that;s true, leave it for speculation Wink
theo
I don't use much Bandwith too
frih$? great
Code of Ruin
Maybe Bondings doesn't do anything special. But if he does you can bet that it will be something that nobody has seen coming.
Blaster
Maybe they will have the front of the site redesigned. Maybe bondings will be like "Yea we just had our first birthday. Thanks guys for letting this happen." There will probley be something like that. Very Happy
Scorpio
n0obie4life wrote:
1,000 FRIH$ for n0obie. More space for you all Razz.

No, I don't know if that;s true, leave it for speculation Wink

What?? 1000 more to you..

Actually it would be nice if you were to donate the Frih$ to others..

You really are stuffed with Frih$

For me, as of now, space and bandwidth is not a constraint at all ..

But in the future maybe

i hope bondings introduces some new stuff-for-frih$ schemes
photon
i dont need much right now. just hope that frihost keeps going strongly as it is right now. and no more hacker attacks!!
n0obie4life
Blaster wrote:
Maybe they will have the front of the site redesigned. Maybe bondings will be like "Yea we just had our first birthday. Thanks guys for letting this happen." There will probley be something like that. Very Happy

Naw, I doubt there'll be any speech. He's too busy for that Wink.

He'll only design the forum with speeches in the background like that Oceanic Air website from Lost Wink
roee
have a nice birthday Smile lol
Donutey
i just hope he doesn't do that rainbow text thing again Rolling Eyes
TeenZine
Donutey wrote:
True True I hated the rainbow box. I hope he adds a store like blastors sites form where u can pay to change you title get more sig space, decrease some ones post count ( Increase your post count) Get a random amount ( any where from like -199 to 199 stuff like that would be fun !
n0obie4life
TeenZine wrote:
Donutey wrote:
True True I hated the rainbow box. I hope he adds a store like blastors sites form where u can pay to change you title get more sig space, decrease some ones post count ( Increase your post count) Get a random amount ( any where from like -199 to 199 stuff like that would be fun !

Don't worry, we won't add it.
devroom
He buys a new server with about 50 million flops and we all get hosted on that server!

I think i will click some ads to help bondigs pay for that cheap server Cool
WebSiteGuru
devroom wrote:
He buys a new server with about 50 million flops and we all get hosted on that server!

LOL! Now that's funny.
Vrythramax
WebSiteGuru wrote:
devroom wrote:

LOL! Now that's funny.

Sure would beat a sharp stick in the eye.
eliasr
well some points to all would be nice.

that can help keep our bussiness up ^^ some thimes i find it hard to find something on the forum that i just fit into (even that here is alot of topics)
Donutey
i might be satisfied if bondings just set that defective drive for server 1 on fire and we all danced around it...
Vrythramax
Donutey wrote:
i might be satisfied if bondings just set that defective drive for server 1 on fire and we all danced around it...

Cool Sweet.
Blaster
That would be great. Move it to a new server Very Happy Then we get server 3 and put all of the people on server 1 on server 3
Vrythramax
Blaster wrote:
That would be great. Move it to a new server Very Happy Then we get server 3 and put all of the people on server 1 on server 3

wouldn't that then make Server #3 Server #1?
wumingsden
I haven't read all of the posts admittedly but you are all expecting way too much. Some things may be planned for the 1st birthday of FriHost - I don't like to spill secrets Not talking - but how can anyone expect to get a link directory, a shop system, a new design, a new server, extra bandwidth/diskspace, a website of the week, etc, in the matter of days.
I think that the best thing that could happen for the 1st birthday of FriHost is for the servers to have no troubles.

Please remember that like the rest of you all, most of the staff here have a life outside of FriHost, except me that is Embarassed
Blaster
We are all dreaming i think wuming. I don't expect that. Maybe something tiny like A new logo or something.

I think that maybe you guys (the mod team) will maybe get the damn server working. Maybe make a forum on server 2 incase server1 goes down we can at least get information.
wumingsden
Blaster wrote:
We are all dreaming i think wuming. I don't expect that. Maybe something tiny like A new logo or something.

I think that maybe you guys (the mod team) will maybe get the damn server working. Maybe make a forum on server 2 incase server1 goes down we can at least get information.

Server 1 had its problem with RAM. Server 2 currently needs to be rebooted, it should however have no problems once this has been done. The problem may sort itself out before re-booting. Ping is the only thing currently replying, we however know about the problem so there is no need to panic Blaster Very Happy

Update: Server 2 is now backup
Donutey
One (simple) thing FriHost should do is have a secondary frihost.com site on a different server so that if the servers are messed up people can go and see what's happening.
Vrythramax
Donutey wrote:
One (simple) thing FriHost should do is have a secondary frihost.com site on a different server so that if the servers are messed up people can go and see what's happening.

do you really know what that would entail in terms of $$$'s? Frihost is a free service.
wumingsden
Vrythramax wrote:
Donutey wrote:

do you really know what that would entail in terms of $$$'s? Frihost is a free service.

Do not rule out the possibility, Vrythramax. It obviously will not happen for FriHost's 1st birthday but who knows what the future has in hold.
Vrythramax
wumingsden wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:
Donutey wrote:

Do not rule out the possibility, Vrythramax. It obviously will not happen for FriHost's 1st birthday but who knows what the future has in hold.

I will always hold the hope Sir....I was just speaking my mind, I am fully aware of the cost such a venture would be in USD. Wink
Donutey
Vrythramax wrote:
Donutey wrote:

I meant more of a say... tripod site, because they seem to have decent reliability and are free... it would just have one page with the status of FriHost if the normal site is down.
Blaster
I suggested have something on server 2 to be able to get information as to what is going on Very Happy
n0obie4life
Blaster wrote:

Oh, don't worry, we're going to use MS Windows Wink.

Donutey wrote:

I asked him to set our hard drive on fire. I already backed up my data, so happy birthday to the rest Wink.

We have decided to put ads on all your sites (the domainstat.net thing Wink). Erm, and what else? Ban phpBB from our servers..erm..SMF..erm..yeah, ever other forum. We're going to force you guys to use this new thing called Frihboard (which has absolutely lousy features, it uses HTML and not PHP).

Also, we're going to disable CGI, PHP, PERL..and every other thing. Loads of ads will be put on your site and there will be a nice iframe that covers 90% of your page.

Oh btw, this will be in effect after our birthday Wink, that's why we're burning our hard drive Very Happy.
Vrythramax
n0obie4life wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Donutey wrote:

I asked him to set our hard drive on fire. I already backed up my data, so happy birthday to the rest Wink.

We have decided to put ads on all your sites (the domainstat.net thing Wink). Erm, and what else? Ban phpBB from our servers..erm..SMF..erm..yeah, ever other forum. We're going to force you guys to use this new thing called Frihboard (which has absolutely lousy features, it uses HTML and not PHP).

Also, we're going to disable CGI, PHP, PERL..and every other thing. Loads of ads will be put on your site and there will be a nice iframe that covers 90% of your page.

Oh btw, this will be in effect after our birthday Wink, that's why we're burning our hard drive Very Happy.

Shocked Shocked Shocked PLEASE say you are only joking?!?!
Bondings
Vrythramax, did you ever notice he is always joking. Wink
Scorpio
Bondings wrote:

no0bie has winked so hard in the last post he probably is tending to his eye right now Laughing
n0obie4life
scorpio wrote:
Bondings wrote:

no0bie has winked so hard in the last post he probably is tending to his eye right now Laughing

Oh, it's my left eye Shocked.

I'm not joking, Bondings is just denying his plans. He's evil Wink
silvermesh
all we really need is some good cake. what do you suppose is bondings favourite flavour of cake?
n0obie4life
silvermesh, he likes apple pie.

Oh btw, here's to prove what I said

http://bondings-world.frihost.net/area51/index.html - I can't show the actual content of the demo site we have in another area51, but here's a nice..well..sample Wink
Vrythramax
just out of curiosity, how would one post a page that would say the server is down if the server was down??

Question
wumingsden
Vrythramax wrote:
just out of curiosity, how would one post a page that would say the server is down if the server was down??

Question

Use an indicator on another server, like have the server 1 indicator on server 2 and vise-versa
desertwind
I'd just love to say,

HAPPY B'DAY FRIHOST!
Blaster
Hint for you Vrythramax if n0obie says the world is going to be fine. Start saying your good byes. Cool
Daniel15
Quote:
I suggested have something on server 2 to be able to get information as to what is going on

There used to be something like this on Server 2, at http://status.frih.net/. However, after the crash, it appears that Bondings didn't recreate it.

Quote:
I meant more of a say... tripod site, because they seem to have decent reliability and are free... it would just have one page with the status of FriHost if the normal site is down.

Hmmm, that's a good idea. An off-site status page. I might work on one now.
Blaster
I suggested that like a billion times. My god don't anyone read my posts? Razz
Quote:
Maybe make a forum on server 2 incase server1 goes down we can at least get information.

Quote:
I suggested have something on server 2 to be able to get information as to what is going on Very Happy

So dont' say I havent thought of that already.
Daniel15
I'm working on http://status.dansoftaustralia.net/ , although it's not quite working properly yet (it always says that FriHost cPanel is down Razz)
Blaster
It looks really good. Now fix the error!!!

This guy is genious! Very Happy
n0obie4life
daniel15 wrote:
I'm working on http://status.dansoftaustralia.net/ , although it's not quite working properly yet (it always says that FriHost cPanel is down Razz)

I told you we have 10 layers of firewall + cPanel's built in security feature, you just don't listen, right?
Donutey
10?????? Rolling Eyes

i wonder why there is a server status page within cpanel, ... not really that useful of a place for it.
n0obie4life
Donutey wrote:
10?????? Rolling Eyes

i wonder why there is a server status page within cpanel, ... not really that useful of a place for it.

Yes ten. Ever since we have been hacked, we've became more secure.

The server status page within cPanel is for processes. cPanel works as a seperate process, not with Apache (only the rendering of the templates is Very Happy)
TeenZine
n0obie4life wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Donutey wrote:

Who Thinks Nobbi shoud go to jail for making me cry im sad know wa wa w a wah wah wah
n0obie4life
Is there such a law in the USA?

This is horrible Rolling Eyes.

Yes, go find a new host now, Frihost is aiming to give crappy hosting Smile
Helios
Now that n0obie became an Administrator and owner of FriHost(he's hiding his true identity), FriHost WILL provide crappy hosting, whether you want it or not.

Even I search for a new host nowadays.
Donutey
n0obie4life wrote:

Yes ten. Ever since we have been hacked, we've became more secure.

I think Bondings should invite some uber hacker to come and try to break through it so then he could say "we're so secure not even x could break in" lol...
TeenZine
If you realy; want to test it i know some one who could hack it to test it for you guys Nobi couldn't be an admin because then hed bann me after all the jokes i crack about him !
Blaster
I would be banned too so don't worry teenzine.

I know a hacker too. A stupid one that trys to breack into the FBI's computer
oskuro
Blaster wrote:
I would be banned too so don't worry teenzine.

I know a hacker too. A stupid one that trys to breack into the FBI's computer

Haha, when they put him in jail, tell us Laughing
n0obie4life
Ohhh, no, I'm not a corrupt admin. I don't go around banning people for fun Wink.

I'm an extremely kind admin just like the great one - mOrpheuS.
Scorpio
n0obie4life wrote:
Ohhh, no, I'm not a corrupt admin. I don't go around banning people for fun Wink.

I'm an extremely kind admin just like the great one - mOrpheuS.

Oh! mAn you are good!!

no0bie knows exactly where, when and how to talk

I must appreciate you for your skills no0bie Applause
Donutey
only one day left... i'm out of guesses Rolling Eyes
Bondings
Donutey wrote:
only one day left... i'm out of guesses Rolling Eyes

It was officially launched on 27 april, I mean when I started to promote it and the first few members joined. Wink
mOrpheuS
Bondings wrote:
It was officially launched on 27 april, I mean when I started to promote it and the first few members joined. Wink

*Sigh* Rolling Eyes
http://www.frihost.com/news.php wrote:
Frihost officially launched (26 april 2005)

But what do I know ?
I joined on 28th ... I won't contest if you decide to change the dates now Wink
But I do agree, the advertisement that brought me here was posted on 27th.
Bondings
mOrpheuS wrote:
Bondings wrote:

*Sigh* Rolling Eyes
http://www.frihost.com/news.php wrote:
Frihost officially launched (26 april 2005)

But what do I know ?
I joined on 28th ... I won't contest if you decide to change the dates now Wink

That page is dead and burried. Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, I'm already planning to remove it for half a year now, I suppose it's time to finally do it once or at least replace it by something else.

The first users joined on the 27th. The forums weren't even ready on the 26th if I'm not mistaken.
Blaster
I go buy when it was created. Well that was the birthday at least. I think you should celebrate it on april 25th because it was my birthday too and i want to fell specail
wumingsden
its really no good located here but here is a server two indicator

www.mezmorizing.frih.net/status
ignition
Almost a year...god damn has it been that long already? Shocked
Blaster
I still say it was the 25th. I go by user. The first user (admin) is who was the first. Here at -4 GMT it is the 25th. There fore that is what it is.
n0obie4life
If it's on he 27th, t's the 27th. Whatever before that, your birthday or whatever, we don't care.

You won't be made a moderator even if your birthday is on our birthday.

So, shut up Wink
Blaster
n0obie4life wrote:
If it's on he 27th, t's the 27th. Whatever before that, your birthday or whatever, we don't care.

You won't be made a moderator even if your birthday is on our birthday.

So, shut up Wink

Who said i would become a moderator?

Just to let you know i was just happy to see that. (last year one of these teachers i hated had the same birthday as me so to find this out made me happy that is all)

So don't talk about what you don't know.