FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fuel Prices!!!

Mr Smith
I cannot believe it! The petrol price for ordinary 91 (Low octane) petrol has gone up another 6 cents to $1.67 New Zealand.

I fear the world of cars and machinery will be coming to an end VERY soon. There needs to be a similar way to get fuels for the car, and trust me... if you ever find a way, tell no one, as your fuel design would be used all over the world, and you'll be a TRILLIONAIRE.

My question/comment... FUEL PRICES SUCK MAN!!!
Blaster
WOW that is soo cheap Very Happy Stop complaining man. I would love them prices. Here it just hit 3 for the high stuff. But we all need to do somthing. For the next month don't buy gas from lets say exxon Mobile. If we boycott them then they will be forced to drop prices then others will have to drop.
AdamantMonk
Wow, low octane in NZ is 91? here it's like 80. Cars there must run so smooth.

I personally say boycott Ford Vehicles. They are constantly building bigger, slower bohemoths. GM is actually trying to make a difference, or at least look like they are. GM is making smaller Hummers, and developing vehicles that run on E85 Ethanol (it comes from corn) so, while now I am forced to drive a Ford Ranger (I haul large batches of paper for a living) you can believe I will get the most fuel efficent vehicle available when I can afford it.
Forgotten Legends
Here in oklahoma, where the gas prices are lowes in america (along with realastate prices and teacher salery), We are already over 2.50. This is crazy.
CWFwrestling
It's disgusting. Expect 4.00 a gallon by 2007, but you get what you wish for... or in this case vote for.
AdamantMonk
I can understand the Real Estate prices, because in winter your home is so likely to burn up, and in summer... it's likely to burst into flames...

Then theres tornados, whatever season those fall in.
Blaster
Forgotten Legends wrote:
Here in oklahoma, where the gas prices are lowes in america (along with realastate prices and teacher salery), We are already over 2.50. This is crazy.

Once again cheap...ours is more like 2:89 and climbing. Remember when 1:80 was a lot?
rfc1066
the cheapest i saw recently here in NY was $2.71 a gallon, i just paid $2.89 the other day though, it jumps so much from week to week, it is insane!
Vrythramax
OMG what spam. Please shut down this crap...and you are known Mr. Smith.

BTW...I am only following Blaster.
dz9c
Forgotten Legends wrote:

I know man, it sucks. Survey says it costs at least 8000 to just own a car a year. I think it was AAA that did that research. And of course, SUV's are always more expensive, and are really not doing good in sales right now because of their crappy mpg. But ya prices suck guys what can I tell ya, what can u do?
Blaster
Vrythramax wrote:

That just shows that it is spam...

I am glade i dont' drive yet. If i did then I don't know how i could afoard gas.
dannywebdesign
this is why I feels that they gonna build cars as electric and pretty soon, gas might go outta business, but that probably way in the future
dz9c
dannywebdesign wrote:
this is why I feels that they gonna build cars as electric and pretty soon, gas might go outta business, but that probably way in the future

Thats not easy my friend. lots of other stuff involved. Theres like cars running on water or hydrogen or something but i mean ppl would have to like travel 100 miles to the nearest hydrogen station just to pump up? retarded.
Blaster
Not if it held a lot of fuel. It would be cool but causes more polution then it does to just use ful as silly as that sounds. Because it is hard to take the hydrogen molule and seperate it from the nitrogen one.
Vrythramax
Blaster wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:

That just shows that it is spam...

I am glade i dont' drive yet. If i did then I don't know how i could afoard gas.

You would know know oh master, wouldn't you.
Mr Smith
Vrythramax wrote:

Whatcha mean there brother madman? Bad language... *tut tut*
hahame
this just define to the opc
Davidgr1200
..and what do you get for your money?
How many miles of roads do you get access to without having to pay tolls?
How many free parking places?
How many policemen to keep the other drivers from killing or injuring you?
How many ambulances and helicopters to get you to a hospital when you get injured?
How many firemen to come and put the fire out when your car catches fire?
How many people to paint the white lines down the middle of the road?
How many people and machines and materials to repair the roads which you wear out?
How many hospitals to cope with all the people who get injured plus all the people who become ill because of the car fumes?

Not bad for $2
Davidgr1200
If you change your car for one that gets twice as many mpg then your fuel costs would be halved! Unfortunately most people don't care about fuel costs so manufacturers don't bother about making the fuel economy better. My car is eighteen years old and gets 40mpg (0.58 litres per 10 km). A new car of the same size gets between 35 and 40 mpg. Most people I know buy cars which get less than 30mpg, and then they complain about the price of fuel!
pexivee
I live in Finland, where fuel is heavily taxed. Lower octane fuel costs about 1.64$/litre (1.33 euros) which equals about 6,29$/gallon (April 18th, 2006).

Now, I used to drive a Saab 9000 Turbo and I got about 24 miles per US gallon. I average about 3000 miles and I was using a major part of my income just to commute... Last fall I bought a 1986-model Mercedes-Benz 190 diesel for about 400$ and now I get more than 40 miles per gallon - and diesel is cheaper, too (only 4,65$/gallon).

With biofuel and battery-driven cars (aided by new capacitor technology) just around the corner, I am quite positive, I will not be making substantial investments into vehicles fueled by petrochemical fuels.
HDirtwater
Davidgr1200 wrote:
..and what do you get for your money?
How many miles of roads do you get access to without having to pay tolls?
How many free parking places?
How many policemen to keep the other drivers from killing or injuring you?
How many ambulances and helicopters to get you to a hospital when you get injured?
How many firemen to come and put the fire out when your car catches fire?
How many people to paint the white lines down the middle of the road?
How many people and machines and materials to repair the roads which you wear out?
How many hospitals to cope with all the people who get injured plus all the people who become ill because of the car fumes?

Not bad for $2

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with the price of gas, but I'll bet it was fun to type... Rolling Eyes

Nothing that we pay for gas (in the US mind you) goes toward any of that. It's easy to say that cars are the bane of the world and all that, but just wait until you need one to go to work.
710ths
You guys just dont know how lucky you are. Here in the UK the price of unleaded petrol/gas is 91p per litre or 4.14 per gallon.

Now that's what you call expensive! What is an absolute outrage is that our government takes most of that money in tax. Plus we have VAT (value added Tax) which is a tax percentage on fuel, the government is laughing all the way to the bank when world fuel prices go up they just get more VAT.

You guys in the US and NZ have got it really lucky.
Blaster
But what does 's egueal in USD$?
eday2010
A day or two ago the prices here in Ontario (Canada) were about $1.15 per Litre. That's about $4.60 a gallon. And we produce almost all of our own fuel in this country! We export a ton of it to the US and they still sell it for cheaper at the pumps than we pay for it. I say SHAWG to that!

Today the prices are down to about $1.05 a Litre. I miss the days when it was 55 cents a litre!
1one1
You guys think above $1.00 is bad? Here in the United States it's much higher. Already above $3.00 and even above $4.00 some places. Outrageous. It's just going to get worse and worse here. Sad
Scorpio
Blaster wrote:

1 pound = 1.60 us dollars
kam311
Yeah, it's costing me over $40 to fill up my 4 cylinder car. I get pretty good gas mileage, but i drive abotu 400 miles a week, so I'm filling up weekly...Not fun for poor college kids like me...Sad
NewGuyinTown
It's so expensive!!! I look up $3 USD... I'm like Evil or Very Mad

It would be great if there are priceless fuel and energy. -_- Go engineers!

If you work $6USD/hr at a faraway place that is not accessible by public transportation, the income will be like... below minimum.

Blah... and soon enough the public transportations are not affordable. Rolling Eyes

Or we all could just ride bicycles to work and colleges. And paddle our boats to vist our friends and families abroad. if fuel is not affordable.

The pain of losing something luxurious...
DecayClan
Relax people...Oil will get more and more expensive...Until humans undestand that we can no longer depend on it...And gas sucks as well, and it wil suck even more...Its THEM that don't let us live happily with clean abandaunt(is it spelled like this?) energy...I saw a car once, which used water for fuel!With a new high-tech method, it "broke" water in oxygen and hydrogen, and then burt hydrogen while the oxygen tank was filled up, ad vise versa...Or a car that consumed one litre of petrol every 200KM...Or at least the hybridic cars(which are already unleashed for the ublic), which save up to 40%.There are solutions-if you are eager to find them)
rajhank

I think we have to..... use Water instead of Fuel now because of its high prices.

Some one should try to develop this technology where we can use Water instead of Fuel in our cars.
AACrT
They coulda mass produced alternate fuel cars or electric cars 10-15 years ago or longer ( I once read about a battery operated car in the 1920's). The articles about gas prices were out there then, but nobody wanted to believe it. So there was no demand for it, so the manufacturers didn't bother investing in it... Now we all lose, just like the articles predicted, what a shame.
Blaster
AACrT wrote:
They coulda mass produced alternate fuel cars or electric cars 10-15 years ago or longer ( I once read about a battery operated car in the 1920's). The articles about gas prices were out there then, but nobody wanted to believe it. So there was no demand for it, so the manufacturers didn't bother investing in it... Now we all lose, just like the articles predicted, what a shame.

Or even some type of solar powerd vehicle. I am going for the rode bike. About $1000 you can have a really nice rode bike and a uniform. You can go about 30 miles an hour on them easily. I just think people need to ride bikes more and plan when you are going somewhere you go there and other places near that you need to go to. Boycott exon and modile (two of the biggest oil companies) I wounder if you can get away with people just tiping you. Get the gas sell it for $1.95 and have a tip thing. You may lose some money but that is where the tiip jar comes in. Just be like if you buy gas here it is encouged you leave a tip to keep us in bussiness. I wish that was possible.

But the point is if you have a short ride to work and have to cross no highways then simpley ride a bike. It is good for you and you save gas for more important thing. We need to start caring more.
Soulfire
Well, let's look at it, we have two things:
Arrow Demand for oil-based products is rapidly increasing.
Arrow Supply of oil is rapidly decreasing.

In the end, it means a pain at the pump for us gasoline consumers.
ZenFountain
I don't like "high" fuel prices either, but the simple fact is high prices is the only way to curb consumption. The oil has a pretty solid base of reason for not wanting to increase crude capacity or refining capacity...the investment is huge and would only lower their bottom end.
jstoeffler
I think that gas prices are getting pretty ridiculous. I mean, $3 for a gallon in the US? By Labor Day, gas is expected to be around $3.60 /gallon. We have to start doing something about it. People need to either start walking or biking to work if it's not too long of a distance. Not only would it be good for you and the environment, but it would save you $$$$.
By the time I get my license in about 1 one and a half years, I could bet that gas would be over $4.00. I'm planning on getting a hybrid car or a motorbike of some kind with good miles per gallon(since I don't live in the city and can't walk).
skygaia
Gas price is growing up so fast.
Just two years ago, I can take it for just 6~70 cents(Canadian dollar).
But now I have to pay it for more 1 dollar.

I think high price goes on for a while.
Many people are considering to buy Hybrid car. But it is so expensive.
and it has not good fuel consumptioin than I think.

Hm... To take a bus is better than my car now..
Blaster
My dad is getting a bike and biking to work. I can understand crapy days like if it is raining or something. But those good ones will be good for you. Why not keep gas at $2.00 a gallon. I remeber seeing a gas station about a week ago with gas prices at around 2.75 and everyone was crowding around to get some. I remember from way back gas prices being $1.79 and people thinking it was high. I would love them prices again.
Soulfire
Yes, but we should consider ourselves lucky. In a survey, most Americans agreed that somewhere around $2.00 was a fair price for gas. But people in other countries are paying as much as $5 to $10 for the equivalent of a gallon of gasoline.

It is a pain though, and I can drive in a couple months.
Samuel
Lucky you! It's almost $3 where I live.

I'm looking towards a Hybrid car. Heh. It'll save a lot of money.

Some people seem to not really care (if you're totally rich, etc), you buy a ton of gas, and take joyrides with your family, or something like that. Gasoline is a precious, depleting resource. It's like running out of water, better get some more before you dehydrate.
Blaster
I understand. I want a hybird too. I want a car that runs on stupideity. Razz
And the problem is all of these rich ******. They dont' care for shit. They only worry about that they have the money.
speedlikecy
is like that one
pay more money and get a little oil.... Mad Mad Mad
David_Pardy
In Australia we're at about AU$1.40/litre.

Translated to US Gallons: AU$5.299/US Gallon

Then there's the conversion from AU$ to US$ (approx. AU 75c/US$1):

~US$3.974 per US Gallon

(Using 3.785 Litres to 1 US Gallons)

So you US folk can stop complaining. You get the cheapest petrol in the world of Industrialised nations where public transport isn't the sole means for getting around.

All I can say is I'm glad my company pays for me to drive 150km every day and that it doesn't come out of my own pocket.
Blaster
But when you are in USA you understand how much we drive. We drive everywhere. That is why it is bad for us. We on average probley put about 10,000 miles a year. About 150 a week now if you are getting 15 miles to the gallon on average and $3.00 per gallon that works out to $2000 a year on gas.
David_Pardy
What makes that any different to driving in Australia? We have LONGER distances to drive in Australia, and just as much (if not more) driving to do due to the useless public transport systems.

I myself drive 200km/week, which adds to 10,400km per year. I used to do 400km/week which is obviously twice as much but I can't afford the petrol to do so any more so I make compromises. I do 750km/week in my work car which is literally just commuting to and from work - that adds up to 39,000km per year. 10,400km is 6462 miles, and 39,000km is 24,233 miles. At the moment I pay $60 fortnightly for a full tank of petrol in my car which gets 11L/100km (pretty damn good for a 17 year old 3.8L V6).

What the hell made you think Australians don't drive much? That was a pretty ignorant thing to say.
Blaster
Yea sorry for that one. I guess you do drive more then i thought. I just know that it seems like americans drive the most. It was kind of a probject i did in school about that. That is where i came to that. I never even thought about the bigger cities. sorry.
David_Pardy
I think I recall hearing something like Australia has the highest petrol consumption per capita in the world or something... Not a good thing at all!!! Although I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's high up there.
a.Bird
ARgh! Me hungry! Where stick to kill animal?! ARgh! Stick against law, must drive car to supermarket, buy bologna! ARgh! No gas money because high fuel price! How me drive to work make more money for gas drive to supermarket?! ARGH, ME HUNGRY!! d'oh!
Blaster
a.Bird wrote:
ARgh! Me hungry! Where stick to kill animal?! ARgh! Stick against law, must drive car to supermarket, buy bologna! ARgh! No gas money because high fuel price! How me drive to work make more money for gas drive to supermarket?! ARGH, ME HUNGRY!! d'oh!

Take the pirate ship Razz

But what this person is saying is pick up all you need when you go out to the supermarket Very Happy
alkady
Wow, It's so expensive for gas in the US. In Quebec, The cost of Oil Per Litre is around $1.20-1.40, That translates to $1.07-1.23/US.
Blaster
Blaster moves to Quebec just for gass..... Smile
David_Pardy
Alkady, they buy their petrol in US Gallons, did you make that conversion?

I know that in Singapore they pay the equivalent of about AU 33c per litre...
teh_razz
gass in the us sucks its so expensive, i completly relie on public transportation now i dont even drive anymore, well on the weekends if my wife and i go out to dinner other than that i dont drive at all to expensive!
bluefossil
$3.19 here. I remember the days when a gallon of water cost more than a gallon of gas.
Blaster

Thought you would enjoy them Very Happy

The car pool one is what we have to do.
710ths
Blaster wrote:

GBP Pound to US$ = 1.78969 USD

So 4.14 GBP per Gallon is equal to 7.41 US$

Now thats a price to pay for fuel. And thats why we dont have your US guzzlers
eku53ru
I saw the recent price rise while driving back from school; I'd have to say this is insane. I miss the days when gas used to be around one dollar. I believe that, at this moment, the gas is crawling around $3.09 where I live; that's the cheapest in my town, sadly (though living in other places in the States might be even more upsetting to one's wallet).
guissmo
Blaster wrote:
For the next month don't buy gas from lets say exxon Mobile. If we boycott them then they will be forced to drop prices then others will have to drop.

Great idea!
Blaster
guissmo wrote:
Blaster wrote:
For the next month don't buy gas from lets say exxon Mobile. If we boycott them then they will be forced to drop prices then others will have to drop.

Great idea!

So then do it and start telling others to do it too. Very Happy The more people the less money they make and the more they are forced to drop.
-TomJ-
While you guys are comparing prices: do realise that a British gallon is about 4.5 liter, and an American gallon is about 3.8 liter. So please specify which you are using, because it means a 20% difference).

And there are so many dollars in this world as well (US, Can, Aus, NZ, Singapore, ...) so when you throw around figures:
be sure to quote your standards.

(I don't assume I can convert all of you to start using the International Standards System overnight)
jabapyth
$2.15 here in MA United States,
but it fluctuales so much, depending on the day or what station you go to, its hard to get a definite number
alkady

If you thought what you've seen was a rip off, Wait till you see the new gas station I bought lol. Click on the link to see images.
Blaster
HAHa that is fuuny Very Happy You took an example of mine. Good job. You should have changed the prices to like 110 Wink
[FuN]goku
rajhank wrote:

I think we have to..... use Water instead of Fuel now because of its high prices.

Some one should try to develop this technology where we can use Water instead of Fuel in our cars.
theres solar powered cars Very Happy and cars that run on pig crap and fry grease
Blaster
Yea he grease thing works. Never heard of the pig crap though. Interesting... The things that people could do but just dont' care... Confused
alkady

Thanks Blaster for Suggesting the hike ; )
faker_phil
Wow, you guys are complaining about that, the prices in Germany are still twice as high. (We pay a little less per LITER, a fourth of a gallon !)
StefanK
HOW AM I GOING TO BUY MY FULLY SICK CAR IF I CANT EVEN AFFORD TO GET IT OUT OF MY DRIVEWAY!
no more doof doof sessions for me homes
[FuN]goku
gas prices are retarted where i live... its like $1.19 (i live in canada)
Rmgk
If i was from Turkmenistan, id laugh at you as those prices are around 3c per litre,

pity im not and aussie prices are hitting 1.30 P/L Sad
Blaster
[FuN]goku wrote:
gas prices are retarted where i live... its like $1.19 (i live in canada)

You really got it easy. I would love them prices. We are at like $2.89. So don't complain about that.
a.Bird
Bananas are like 2 bucks a bushel over here it's NUTS I tell you!
Blaster
alkady wrote:

Thanks Blaster for Suggesting the hike ; )

I just noticed that. HAHA it was so funny.

a.Bird we are talking about gas not bananas
bulek
LOL is this a gold fuel or what? It costs only 1 in our country and even that is too high.
Comrade
Go and buy fuel in Russia. For ya all it will be so cheap. Btw im not from
Russia...
freeme
they are rising at an alarming rate Confused
alkady
Comrade wrote:
Go and buy fuel in Russia. For ya all it will be so cheap. Btw im not from
Russia...

But your Name Spells Communist all over. LOl, Just jk.
Lied
The worse part is that noone belives that the prices will discent sometime, so in a couple of years the need for electrical cars will be much bigger, so as the need for power(electricity).And since alternative power is no way sufficient the only solution will be Nuclear power.And any non economic power country that will try to develop such teck will propably get bombed as well.

To sum up, i think that to become a bicycle reseller will be a proffitable job in the near future! Laughing
Blaster
Yes it will be. I shall open a bike shop Very Happy
S3nd K3ys
We're well over 3 bucks in San Diego. Time to park the 2500 Diesel (until I build a stil to make biodiesel), and start riding the wife's GSXR 750 to work.

I'm curious how long it will take before the truckers here have had enough, and park their trucks on the freeways again. Wink
Blaster
I want to see that happen Very Happy It would be funny.

Yea biodiesle is the way to go man.
S3nd K3ys
Blaster wrote:
I want to see that happen Very Happy It would be funny.

Yea biodiesle is the way to go man.

It happened here (well, Los Angeles), last year or the year before. Funny as hell. It was amazing how ef'n fast gas prices dropped.

Personally, I can't stand Unions, (even though my wife works for one), but I was so happy when they did that. Laughing
Blaster
That is really funny. I think we should do that here. To bad people are too like who cares.... but then bitch about it....
{name here}
If a country like Brazil(which per capita is around $10,000 less than the US) can ween itself off gasoline(and it's soon declaring energy independance) and switch to ethonol, why can't the U.S?
S3nd K3ys
{name here} wrote:
If a country like Brazil(which per capita is around $10,000 less than the US) can ween itself off gasoline(and it's soon declaring energy independance) and switch to ethonol, why can't the U.S?

Simple; The US doesn't want to. They've got too much invested in crude. It will take a movement of the people en-masse before the gobment/big corps get off their collective asses and take this seriously.
Blaster
They will be high untill bush decides to drop some nukes on iraq and we take over the oil feilds and start to sell the oil.
S3nd K3ys
Blaster wrote:
They will be high untill bush decides to drop some nukes on iraq and we take over the oil feilds and start to sell the oil.

Actually, I like the plan we're using now; use up everyone elses oil reserves until they're depleted, then keep all ours for ourselves. Shocked
Blaster
Yea it is a smart plan i guess. But we are going to need it sooner then you think with irakq burning there oil feilds. Confused
izimngcubes15
I know it's back again, so expensive! I feel guilty letting my parents pay for my gas funds.... Sad
mae1strom
lol yes same here izimngcubes15 ! Sad
faker
well after i start to complaining about the fuel prices to my iranian classmate he told me prices in irn is like 10 times cheaper compare to my country @@
pexivee
I actually know people who go to Russia just to buy gas.

My dad, who lives about 10 miles from a check-point, goes twice a week to the little town of Vyartsilae to buy gas. He saves in the region of 2000 euros/bucks a year. Thats perhaps the only benefit in living in the easternmost part of European Union.

Of course he has to pay for the visa (300 dollars a year) and sometimes wait for hours in line to cross over, but as a senior citizen he has plenty of time. People with GM vans have installed 60 gallon fuel tanks in their cars to save them making the trip so often...
screamingdecay
The price currently in VA is 2.90-3.15. Gosh, they need to uppen public trans if the price gets anymore. arg
S3nd K3ys
screamingdecay wrote:
The price currently in VA is 2.90-3.15. Gosh, they need to uppen public trans if the price gets anymore. arg

I just paid 3.25. Ouch!

Public transportation here is a joke. Very poorly planned in most cases, and it simply does not work for the great majority of people that need to go places. Nearly EVERY mass transit vehicle I see, busses and trollies, are typically at about 2 to 10 percent capacity. More often there's 5 or less individuals on each bus or each trolly car. Yet the 'improvements' my taxes are paying for is to open up more BUS lanes on the routes that don't work for anybody.
AdamantMonk
I can't believe it was like $0.80/G in '98. Blows my mind.
Michael B
Well actuly as a % of income received, we are only just catching up with the fule prices of the 1970's. So if you look at it that way it is not that bad at all.

Another point is that the all the refineries have jacked there prices up, for years now they have been makeing just about no profet, but is was too expensive to shut down so they had to just keep going.

It is a strain on the pocket of some, but hay it is only about $20 a week more!
AdamantMonk
Michael B wrote:
It is a strain on the pocket of some, but hay it is only about $20 a week more!

My Father, Sister, and I drive for a living. My dad can cover about 200-300 miles a day. His truck gets about 12-15 MPG which means per tank (20G) he can get 240-300 miles... At this rate he should change his oil twice per month. He gets no compensation from the company he works for.

But hay, it's only about $165 a week more! (comparing today's price to prices in '98. ) I would have to say it is a strain on the pocket of some.
windval
yes

luckily i do not have a car

or my car will cost me a lot of money

hope god bless you if you have car
Blaster
AdamantMonk wrote:
I can't believe it was like $0.80/G in '98. Blows my mind.

I think we would kill for them prices again. So up at like a dollar fifty was a lot. I would love them prices again. Rode bike time and a hybird. Very Happy
pecad0re
In France, what we do is go to the local garage..I know it can be difficult etc. etc. but if you can arrange for a stop near a supermarket diesel is still under a Euro while some marinas are now getting to 1.30

If you are in Torrevieja the garages round you will be the cheapest you will find on your travels.

We used an old wheeled suitcase and a plastic jerry can and each time we went for a walk we filled up the can. Doesn't take long, you know it is clean diesel and you have saved quite few pennies by the end of your trip...or am I just being tight?

When we left UK we first of all took car to L'Havre and left her there with 200 litres of red diesel in the boot.!!

You will get asked if you want to buy diesel and when we said yes we got a receipt from the local Mayor!
Blaster
That isnt that bad. I have seen much worse. In NYC it is up to like almost 4 bucks a gallon. Confused

Don't buy gas on wednsdays!!!
Proxy.Jumper
Well over here where I live gas prices have actually went down because now they are $2.89. I can remember when the were $1.50. Can you?
AdamantMonk
I can remember when $1.50 was the price you would get when you were in a small village halfway to Mexico... And even with sand in 40 miles every direction it was still over-gouging.
Blaster
Proxy.Jumper wrote:
Well over here where I live gas prices have actually went down because now they are $2.89. I can remember when the were $1.50. Can you?

Yea they are going down a little bit. But not for long. Confused

I can remember .98 cents.
DJHicks
u people have things so bad....

try living in the uk where some places have now hit -

1.01 a litre!!!!!!! thats GBP - work that out!!!!!! Crying or Very sad
Scorpio
I heard this news today, that some dude in england has invented a
Quote:
Fuel Efficient Car

which incidentally does 12875 Km to the Gallon..

Isnt that a little teensy weensy bit more than conventional cars? Laughing
a.Bird
scorpio wrote:
I heard this news today, that some dude in england has invented a
Quote:
Fuel Efficient Car

which incidentally does 12875 Km to the Gallon..

Isnt that a little teensy weensy bit more than conventional cars? Laughing

I assume you're talking about this.
Scorpio
Yes that is it..

I read about it in the NewsPaper Though
evilryu530
well i think we are at a turning point in the car industry, companies who cant make fuel efficient cars, ford, gm, dodge etc. will have to step it up. at the same time, we need to find a different energy source. how hard is it to make a car more fuel efficient? there are lots of step forward but at the same time, many steps backward. brazil is light years ahead of us in being independent on other countries for fuel.
rhathar
I live in southern California. I hate those newspaper articles that say the national average is SOARING at $3. The last time I got gas: $3.55.

Crying or Very sad
Kai
Per litre? If so thats crazy, I know aborigional people on there reaserves have it like 40 cents per letre because there are no taxes
Blaster
1:60 a gallon? I wish that was here. (his is in gallons btw.) Yea it is redicules. 3.53 wow that is way tooo high. What has our world come to?
sssharma
i got gas going over $3.00 now!!
remember the good old days when it was under a dollar.
its all becuase india and china are taking all the gas in the world
Kai
The gas were I live is 40 cents a litre MAHHAHA Razz Razz Razz
jveezy
One of the best decisions I've ever made was to not bring my car with me to college.

Bus rides are free here for students.

I saved so much money.
Rmgk
1 US gallon = 3.7854118 liters

1.00 AUD = 0.772708 USD

1 L of Petrol AUS = 1.30

1 Gallon of fuel in AUS = 4.927

4.927 AUD = 3.80713 USD

Take that.
eday2010
Quote:
You guys think above $1.00 is bad? Here in the United States it's much higher. Already above $3.00 and even above $4.00 some places. Outrageous. It's just going to get worse and worse here.

I said over $1.00 a LITRE, not a gallon. And there are 4 litres (approx.) in a gallon. So for a bit it was $4.60 a GALLON. And we produce our own fuel. The US buys most of theirs from us, and it's somehow cheaper than what we pay for it at the pump.
tidruG
sssharma wrote:
i got gas going over $3.00 now!!
remember the good old days when it was under a dollar.
its all becuase india and china are taking all the gas in the world

And where have you created this statistic from?
Please don't make up "facts" without proper research.
I understand that most of the USA doesn't like China (for its Communism) and India (for the outsourcing), but that doesn't mean you can go about blaming whoever you want for the heck of it.

For your information, 25% of the total oil consumption is by the USA
India is ranked 7th, consuming less than 3% of the total world consumption. China is 3rd behind USA and the European Union.
Considering that these 2 countries have the highest population, they have a right to consume a lot more.

As far as oil import is concerned, The EU leads, with USA second. China is 4th and India is 10th. Also notice that the estimates for the EU are the estimates for the year 2001, and these have very likely increased... they are very likely to be importing even more oil now than 5 years ago.
UnikeViruz
Prices are insane..Always will be ..
netadvancer
Actually what happen to the fuel? Now, the fuel price is RM1.92 per little.
Three years ago, the price is only RM1.08 per little. The price raised almost double. I cant imagine after 5 years, the fuel price will become how much? RM10 per little????
Blaster
that not really double. It only went up like 90 cents. And what is RM? And yea they will be rediculse. I dont' want to even see into the future on that.
Aless
They are more 'managable' in Texas, but still extremely pricey for us - $2.65 is the average where I live. Everytime I complain, though, my boyfriend just reminds me how expensive gas is in Europe Razz.
Blaster
Well today i went past a gas station and the price was 2.99 for low grade. So yea it is going bad. I feel bad for those in europe. But Americans drive more then other countries. We also have more people. Damn george bush is doing nothing for our government. He is making this happen. Him and his oil company should just leave. We want to save our land. But know he will just get richer from that. But the damn priceses wont' drop.
JayRod
THEY ARE SOOO OUTRAGOUS!!!

It costs like 40 bucks to fill up my tank in my Lexus. I hate the prices sooo much.
Shiva
JayRod wrote:
THEY ARE SOOO OUTRAGOUS!!!

It costs like 40 bucks to fill up my tank in my Lexus. I hate the prices sooo much.

I have to agree whit this man Cool

I'ts absolutly imposseble the own a car in these days!!!

I'm really looking forward to own a car that dosn't use the normal gasoline Wink
felisleo
i thought americans bougtht gas a lot cheaper.they drive so big cars.in turkey it is almost 2 $ /lt which i think is ridicilous because a thousand km away in iraq they fill up a tank to 3 $
sgtmajore9
Here in Las Vegas Nv, fuel, like everywhere else has hit 3+ $$
But about a year or so ago I parked the car and have not used it sense, I ride a bicycle, walk, or use public transportation. I also bought a nice little scooter. Love the 3.00 a week fuel bill for that one. Not to mention here in Las Vegas you do not have to register your scooter or have tags for it.
I just cant see spending 30 to 40 $$ a week to drive my car when I am driving less than a few blocks at best. So Last week I sold it, FREE FREE FREE at last, thank God I am free.
Now if I need a car for a date or something major, I just rent the damn thing for the day. No more monthly insurance, no more maintance bill, no more state inspections worries.

Free your spirit, make your car a planter.
If I ever buy another car it will be all electric..

Vince
briancoit
96.9p here in Scotland, luckily its stopped climbing....

...but for how long? Probably just long enough for the fuel protesters to settle, before hiking them up again! Nightmare situation, especially if you do the number of miles I do!