FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How well Does Your site rank?

maclui
It would be nice to hear some success stories as well as some sad stories.
For instance I am having good ranking now, but not as good ad I would Like, 20th place on yahoo an google.
Hobbit
On Msn I'm number one, and on yahoo I'm in the first page. But I am no where to be found on google yet. The first result is a website that links to my page, but it's not the same.
billybob
I have a PR of 3 but if you search for "Proxy" i am no where to be seen! But Obiously "PoxyProxy" "Poxy+Proxy" and other simular keywords bring my site back 1st
desertwind
well, that depends on what keyword you enter in the search.

if you search for "riyaz usman" or "desertwind" i'm the first listed in google.

And I've have a PR - 5
warallthetm
Well, in msn my frih.net domain shows 1, but by .uk.to (official domain) disapeared after a day or soo, go figure. Also in google, i dont show, but a site that linked to me does
Gerardus™
My site dragonsims.com is also good listed when search for dragonsims.
But there are a few more keywords that have my site listed within 30 search results.
Im trying to get my site listed on more searchqueries, but that would take some time i guess. I think more important is to get a first level domain, it's cheap and affordable ( some registrars offer domains for only $6,99) and then set the nameservers to your frihost account.
That way you will get higher ranking for sure.
When i had gerardus.frihost.net i was nowhere to be found, whatever keyword i used. Since i bought dragonsims.com . info . net .biz. nl. i have more domains and a much higher ranking in all searchengines.
If you want to see my rankings in searchengines with dragonsims as keyword, check http://dragonsims.com/dragonforum/search_engine_list.php

So it's not only keywords but also your domainname. Wink I hope you find this helpful.
billybob
Gerardus™ wrote:

So it's not only keywords but also your domainname. Wink I hope you find this helpful.

dont forget the back links and Page Rank..
NjRocket
wow, i see some of you guys have top some top ranked sites for the keywords. Thats pretty damn good, keep up the good job on all your sites
aciminsk
What if you whant to change your hosting provider. For example, well established site with long history exists and has high ranking in search engines. The site has a subdomain URL provided by hoster. Now the site is to be relocated to another hosting provider and will have new subdomain URL. Is there a way to keep the existing rating, or should thee new URL be submitted to search engines and start building it's own rating from scratch?
warallthetm
well.... it depends on what host you have..... I would suggest just keeping it on that host.
aciminsk
Quote:
warallthetm
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:48 pm Post subject:
well.... it depends on what host you have..... I would suggest just keeping it on that host.

Unfortunately free hosters die from time to time
rajhank
my website is listed in google and is on the first page and 2nd and 3rd link both, if you search my name, it is first in the list.But i'm not listed on MSN.
Dragonfly
My site ranking at Google is pretty disappointing considering the amount of time it has been online. If msn has this sort of ranking it will be higher since there are more visitors from msn search than Google and yahoo.
mantasx
Don't even ask. I hate websites that are "personal". They have couple of wallpapers, mp3's, maybe a short section of warez, or games. I just hate those kind where people have links to miniclip.com, or ebaumsworld and call that site their own(half the links don't work usually). I made one like that a while ago, and well, it was kind of nice, but then I realized it had nothing original. I don't like when people built websites, just to built. I hate webmasters who have no original ideas and try to post their *** on world-wide web, make something lousy, add couple of yahoo, or google adds, I just don't get that. I also hate how people just must create their own forums. WTF is the reason?? There are millions of great forums out there! Why do these people have to have their own Question Question

Yah, so that's how I feel. The reason I signed up at firhst.com, is cause I wanted to have some space on the net-in reach for the whole world Laughing .

By the way, you guys have some nice sites here...
Scorpio
In MSN my site when searched as "iscorpio" pops up 8 times in the first page.

Even an error in my forums has been crawled
Scorpio
My site now climbed to number 1 on google

I also get a directory listing at number 3
Indyan
Some of my sites keywords and rankings in google are

Stumbleupon for Opera : 3
boredom killers : 13
"google chat" opera : 10
weather widget opera : 3
pallab : 1

I appear in google's first page or so for a host of other keywords. But dont get much hits from them. so didnt bother checking it out.
maclui
Quote:
What if you whant to change your hosting provider. For example, well established site with long history exists and has high ranking in search engines. The site has a subdomain URL provided by hoster. Now the site is to be relocated to another hosting provider and will have new subdomain URL. Is there a way to keep the existing rating, or should thee new URL be submitted to search engines and start building it's own rating from scratch?

I just did that and let me tell you that if your site does not change a lot, or if the exact same website is tranfered no problem, and you wont loose any ranking.
By the way
I rank better in yahoo in first place with two key phrases
In google I just rank third in one of them and 39th in the other.

How ever I get more hits from google that yahoo most of the time I guess because more than 70% of searches are performed trough google.
Scorpio
Yahoo really pisses me off.

When i search for iscorpio, I get my site's privacy policy and an xml sitemap page, I also get listed on billybob's page, but my homepage does not show up Sad