FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what about the frihost's free hosting ?

rood
it is the best i ever met,i like it
Raziel
I like it too, otherwise I hadn't registered me Wink
The space and bandwidt is wonderful, I hope FRIHOST will never stop!
nOScott
its good
dionet
I like it because it have UNLIMITED MYSQL´s.
albert
Of corse it's good!
I like it~

No ADS
aneotoena
i am new here so i have not tried it yet but everyone says is great so i think it is really good
Bockman
(i haven't had the time to configure my sites, but i have used the services)
The servers are stable and fast and 250 MB is more than enough for normal(personal or test) sites. If you run a business and need extra space, i would advise you to have a payed service with the space required, daily/weekly automatic backups, redundancy connections and servers, and with support from the host if anything is needed.
Keep in mind that free hosts do whatever possible to give us guys the best possible, but if you think it's not enough, you might never get it there.

Additionally, when i entered i asked about the stability of the service (not the servers, as it is explained in the main page, but about the hosting itself). Since i believe it is important to keep these admin's words in mind, i'll quote the information given to me (and whoever read it Wink ):

Bondings wrote:
Bockman wrote:
Hi there Very Happy

Before everything else, thank you guys for having these option for everyone else.

at the moment, only one Question remains in my head.. and no harm done if it can't be answered.

As you may know, i found this forum through late FNH (i think the phoenix finaly cauth the last breath), and it kept going up and down, and the backing up process isn't a pleasent one (and not always goes the best way).
I was wondering if there is any assurance of a minimum time the servers will be up, and, in case it goes down, how much time we have to backup data.

Be Well Cool

We're just starting this free web hosting. I really cannot give you much details about the minimum time the servers will be up. The minimum minimum time at the moment is 1 month from today. But everything will be done to keep this hosting available for many, many years as Frihost stands for Free Reliable Internet Host.
However if anything should happen, you'll be notified that the servers will go down.
It all depends on the popularity of Frihost. The more people we have, the better. So you can help us by recommanding our free service to your family, friends and everyone else.
(...)

The rest of the conversation wasn´t about service, so i removed it.

Be Well Cool
mOrpheuS
The fact remains, we are all here because we believe the service to be worth in the first place, and we all hope for the best.
But, as with anything that's free, there isn't and never will be any guarantee.
If that's your prime concern, this is not the place you should be looking for it. Get a paid hosting if you can't sleep well at night worrying about your hosts reliability,
or if you want someone to hold responsible for any downtime.
Wink
Maka
Frihost is amazeing, since my forum as been up (few days now) no downtime at all, very fast, friendly help in the forum, all you could ask for!!, there the best!. Cool
vizavex
Reliable is the key
for a hosting

and it has NO ads
much more perfect as a free hosting
irish_18
I love frihost too Wink there are a lot of friendly people here in the forum that can help you on your site Smile there's no Ads too Wink thats why i love frihost so much! Smile
bao
The hosting is very good.hope it become bigger of disk space and BW. Cool
wistom
Its the best site that all my have found. and now its become more and more better than before. It give us the stabliable and high speed web space. its the best.
yule
Bockman wrote:
(i haven't had the time to configure my sites, but i have used the services)
The servers are stable and fast and 250 MB is more than enough for normal(personal or test) sites. If you run a business and need extra space, i would advise you to have a payed service with the space required, daily/weekly automatic backups, redundancy connections and servers, and with support from the host if anything is needed.
Keep in mind that free hosts do whatever possible to give us guys the best possible, but if you think it's not enough, you might never get it there.

Additionally, when i entered i asked about the stability of the service (not the servers, as it is explained in the main page, but about the hosting itself). Since i believe it is important to keep these admin's words in mind, i'll quote the information given to me (and whoever read it Wink ):

Bondings wrote:
Bockman wrote:
Hi there Very Happy

Before everything else, thank you guys for having these option for everyone else.

at the moment, only one Question remains in my head.. and no harm done if it can't be answered.

As you may know, i found this forum through late FNH (i think the phoenix finaly cauth the last breath), and it kept going up and down, and the backing up process isn't a pleasent one (and not always goes the best way).
I was wondering if there is any assurance of a minimum time the servers will be up, and, in case it goes down, how much time we have to backup data.

Be Well Cool

We're just starting this free web hosting. I really cannot give you much details about the minimum time the servers will be up. The minimum minimum time at the moment is 1 month from today. But everything will be done to keep this hosting available for many, many years as Frihost stands for Free Reliable Internet Host.
However if anything should happen, you'll be notified that the servers will go down.
It all depends on the popularity of Frihost. The more people we have, the better. So you can help us by recommanding our free service to your family, friends and everyone else.
(...)

The rest of the conversation wasn´t about service, so i removed it.

Be Well Cool

frihost It is really very good, I like it. Smile
kevin6688
wanna have a try
budazz
like it...everything a webmaster wants and needs is here.... Very Happy
shwetanshu
man this service simply rox, no ads, beautiful interface. everything a webdeveloper needs, is available here. even a novice can simply figue out wat to do. i have bought a domain name now but i ave no immediate plans of buying webspace till frihost is up and running
RosenCruz
great service my thanks go to Bondings
psycosquirrel
Wow, this is an old topic... Why revive it?

Anyways, Frihost is amazing; it is the only place I know of where there is a new topic exactly like this one every few days.
psycosquirrel
Laughing

That sounded bad, I meant there is a new topic praising Frihost every few days...

Sorry for double post.
silvermesh
I've been with just about every free hosting site on the net, and a handful of not so free ones, and I think frihost is one of the best I've encountered. I'm very impressed that all it takes to keep your space is post in a relatively fun forum community. Very nice, to say the least.
ashok
i've been through a lots of free hosts from last september, but never stayed on any more than a month. the servers used to have lot of downtimes, limited bw and space, ads, and the services used to be shutdown after a 1-2 months. no doubt frihost's rocking! long live frihost Smile Smile Smile Smile
OutlawSpirit
couldnt be better, good work bondingz Cool
Alienz
Great free host around Smile

Wish Frihost Long Live Wink
auacule
Im glad everyone is saying its good,I've signed up for tons already and none of them worked the way I expected...
darrell
it is good. i like it. Especially the part where they have the unlimited MySQL Database.
yupeng
Very reliable and very fast/No Ads.
Excelent!
budazz
Quote:
Free Reliable Internet Host.

now i know what frihost stands for...i thought before..frihost because it "FREE" ...it has a other meaning...hehe Laughing nice
Garg
It seems that i have come to the right place, then...

Do any of you use a CMS, which one do you use ? Which ones work on frihost
Slowhand
In July this year I joined the Frihost community, and I think it's the best FREE host a customer can wish.. The crew is always nice, want to help people. I think at the moment there is no better free hosting. Thanks Bondings!
Almo
I Just Registered But It Looks Very Good,
I'm Glad I Came To Frihost.Com
boringest
I've been here for more than a month i think, no downtimes so far, and with 10GB bandwidth that's more than sufficient! =)

Thanks to Bondings and the team for great free hosting!
Tom7
I have searched the internet for days for free web hosting services, and frihost was the best i came across, i hope it will increase the functionability.
otiscom
So far so good.
hahame
it is a very steady website,and the service are perfect too
tommy.studio
rood wrote:

Yes!I think so!
It is a good forum to share and dicuss!
tommy.studio
rood wrote:

Yes!I think so!
It is a good forum to share and dicuss!
Juppe
Yea they got a good system to ... you must post to get point the first time so they can see the owner of this user is Active
budazz
wanna add something

the service is very stable... Cool
LemonMan
I absolutely love FriHost. =) They are every thing i would hope for in a free host and more! Embarassed
Jack_Hammer
Great forums and great hosting I would give it a 9/10 don't worry I just don't think anything can ever be perfect you can always improve things.
ronitvohra
like to get an account.but its nice to see users comments......
Mitch
I just want a web site. I've taken a great likeing lately to writing. (Inspired by tuckermax.com and the rest of the festeringAss sites)
Although I'm not that great at writing, I want to use this free hosting (assuming I get it) to practice and to get some material out there before submiting for a festering Ass web site of my own.
CanadianGeek
Basically, I came here because I occasionally take an interest in web hosting. I used to run Apache off of my computer and do the hosting myself. I've already got a couple of domain names of my own. However we moved recently and we're on dialup, which makes hosting infeasable, which is why I'm here. It seems like the kind of site for a person who finds site builders to be a pain and wants to be able to use PHP.
kany
Well yeah Frihost is the best Free webhosting provider out there. Before Frihost i had a hosting with the As-hosing but they stopped the Free hosting and then i came here which is even better then the as-hosting because of no limitations.
Also its difficult to find a free webhosting without any adds and banners and with this much freedom.
Vrythramax
I have said it before and I'll say it again....Frihost's uptime and the services they make available. meet, and in most cases beat, any of the paid hosts I have had over the years....and there have been many.

Frihost just plain rocks!

*EDITED for obvious errors*
Hogwarts
Mitch wrote:
I just want a web site. I've taken a great likeing lately to writing. (Inspired by tuckermax.com and the rest of the festeringAss sites)
Although I'm not that great at writing, I want to use this free hosting (assuming I get it) to practice and to get some material out there before submiting for a festering *** web site of my own.

Nothing like reviving a topic from the dead, eh?

I've tried 50+ free hosts and this is the best I have found so far and I am sticking with it. 250 Mb space - 10 Gb bandwidth - Unlimited MySQLs... Gotta love Frihost.
Transponder
I like it unlimited Mysql Ftp accounts! but the server hickups i dont like
every 5 minutes the server goes down then up then down again!
what happening? Confused
Mitch
Hogwarts wrote:
Mitch wrote:
Although I'm not that great at writing, I want to use this free hosting (assuming I get it) to practice and to get some material out there before submiting for a festering *** web site of my own.

Nothing like reviving a topic from the dead, eh?

I've tried 50+ free hosts and this is the best I have found so far and I am sticking with it. 250 Mb space - 10 Gb bandwidth - Unlimited MySQLs... Gotta love Frihost.

Reviving a topic from the dead? Heres a question; How does what I said, give one the impression that I was questioning the quility of frihost? I stated the reason I want a website, not any problems about frihost, or I didn't ask any questions as to what makes this such a great site.
insolent1
frihsot's hosting and staff is good.
I am grateful.
mstreet
Everyone here at frihost is nice and understanding and willing to help. It's been more reliable for me than any other hosting place I've been to.
tkcy
Yeah man its awesome. Three cheers to Bondings!!!!! N long live our frihost community!!!! Hallelujah!!!! Smile
THE11thROCK™
Best uptime, FREE, Exceptionally STABLE, No pop-ups and unwanted ADS, nice Admin, honestly EXCELLENT! No other free hosting service measures up to Frihost in terms of reliability, and best of all - it's totally Free!
4f
I requested one before
while rejected
a friend of me has used it for long
and fri really provide good hosting Laughing
tidruG
Wow Shocked
Someone dug out a really old topic, eh?

WEll, thanks for all the good comments, guys. WE really appreciate it. Unfortunately, we have to close this topic.
You can continue showering blessings on us in the Official topic in this forum though Razz

-locked-