FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Open Office 2.0 on Mac OSX?

photographerguy
Is anyone using this or Neo Office?

I just switched yesterday to OO from Neo O.
Neo uses the OSX system fonts.
OO doesn't. I've been looking at articles on google and can't find much about it. Everything looks messed up because there isn't hardly any fonts loaded with default installation. I went to some crappy Font manager utility in OO but there wasn't many fonts to load.
I've found a few posts referencing a way to tell it to use the system fonts in OSX.
Does anybody have any experience with this?

OO is suppoosed to be better at reading Microsoft Office docs than Neo is. Most of the word docs and Excel docs I've been getting look like garbage in Neo, that is why I was hoping to switch.
photographerguy
Sorry, I should say fonts for Writer (Word equivalent) in the OO suite.
Kd527
I use iWork and every once in a while AppleWorks. But I love OpenOffice also. I have it for Windows and Linux though I never really use them anymore. Neo Office I've never tried, but it looks pretty good too.

But if you can't get it to work, Apple's iWork is really nice. Smile
ryanh2006
Hi guys. Neo is cool specifically because of its Macness, but its sad that its still based on OO1. However, Neo Office 2 is in the works and I think that the forums mentioned a summer release or something like that. If you don't need the fancy/new features that OO2 offers then I guess that you should stay with Neo until the fonts thing gets sorted out. or get iWork for your docs and slides and use Neo for spreadsheets (if u need to. iWork is not that expensive) , Sorry, I wish that I could have been more help. Bye