FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Winamp for Linux

manumiglani
IS there Winamp version for Linux ?

DO you use it.
martindecorte
It doesn't exist. If it existed, I would be using it.
There is a Winamp clone for linux, named XMMS. It works very well, but doesn't have some of Winamp's functionalities.
Nyizsa
Yes, XMMS is quite good for everyday use - to make some noise while programming or posting to Frihost. I am listening to it right now... Cool
And an other thing: you can apply Winamp skins to XMMS.
kv
You can try running winamp itself under wine. I haven't tried any multimedia apps under wine so I don't know how good it will be.
vnieto
I Use Amarok, es a very good misik player with some awesome utilities.

Try this player.
ryanh2006
vnieto wrote:
I Use Amarok, es a very good misik player with some awesome utilities.

Try this player.

Yeah I definitely second that! I am a mac guy, but when I use Kubuntu, I have to use amaroK. Its that simple! It looks incredible, its superfast, and its features are firmly grounded in the 21st century. No offense to all you long time XMMS users out there but in my opinion, both the apps looks and its feature set are circa 1995. Although I hate (k thats a bit strong!!) GNOME I would use Rhythmbox, cos its easy to use and powerful(compared to other apps but not as powerful as amaroK). Did i mention that I like amaroK?!! Razz
webbone
I'm only use XMMS on linux system,It have good skin and good sound!I think it can be call winmap for linux Laughing Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Nolt
yea XMMS is the best + few skins from www.gnome-look.org and u will have nice player Smile Smile If u want can try beep multimedia player he looks like winamp too (but for me bmp is ugly), btw developers of xmms are working on xmms2 there is alpha ver available to download. for me didnt work ( i gets he cant create configuration file).
desertwind
I'd vote for rhythmbox anyday.
photon
its amarok and rhythmbox for me!! was using xmms for a loong time before i switched over to amarok. and no regrets!
manumiglani
Then, whats that!

http://www.filepedia.com/alternative_platforms/linux_software/winamp_for_linux.cfm

spyware ?
vnieto
you can download albun cover for amazon!!!

the dinamic playlist is very good and several more utilities.
Try this.
cyph33r
XMMS is the best way to go for a sound player similar to Winamp in linux.

Songbird is a great player based on the Mozilla Firefox engine that is being developed to run on Mac, Windows and Linux. Currently the beta is only available for Windows, but it looks promising and a linux version should be out soon.
varun_dodla
Xmms is a very good player that can be used in place of winamp.It has many skins available with the installation Cds and also can be changed to work with winamp eqf files for presets.
The_Gamer294
try searching LinAmp? O.o winamp stands for Windows Amplifier so i just made an educated guess lol