FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can you crack the code?

vinodmishra
Quote:
Almost a decade later, that dream has come true: a small group of us at Google, in cooperation with Sony Pictures, have managed to create 12,358 original puzzles for The Da Vinci Code Quest on Google.

That's right, 12,358 (I'd make a joke about Fibonacci numbers, but that would be too obvious), all designed to honor both a fanatical puzzler’s sheer love of a mental challenge and the labyrinthine spirit of The Da Vinci Code itself. They'll be released over the next 24 days, in the form of six different challenges at four difficulty levels, with enough variety that I think everyone will be able to find something they like and play it over and over -- although if you're in the U.S., you'll want to try to complete all 24 and make it to the Final Challenge, where I hear there's a pretty nice prize package awaiting the winner.

Google has started a puzzle contest for residents of US, UK and AU. Unfortunately I am not in either of these countries so I cannot participate but you can Smile

http://www.google.com/davincicode?source=gb
Vrythramax
vinodmishra wrote:
Quote:
Almost a decade later, that dream has come true: a small group of us at Google, in cooperation with Sony Pictures, have managed to create 12,358 original puzzles for The Da Vinci Code Quest on Google.

That's right, 12,358 (I'd make a joke about Fibonacci numbers, but that would be too obvious), all designed to honor both a fanatical puzzler’s sheer love of a mental challenge and the labyrinthine spirit of The Da Vinci Code itself. They'll be released over the next 24 days, in the form of six different challenges at four difficulty levels, with enough variety that I think everyone will be able to find something they like and play it over and over -- although if you're in the U.S., you'll want to try to complete all 24 and make it to the Final Challenge, where I hear there's a pretty nice prize package awaiting the winner.

Google has started a puzzle contest for residents of US, UK and AU. Unfortunately I am not in either of these countries so I cannot participate but you can Smile

http://www.google.com/davincicode?source=gb

Can you say "Fiction"? Give it a rest, this has already been posted to death.
nox-Hand
Looks interesting, but since I life in Denmark, I cannot.. Sad

nox-Hand
joshua_erceg
Neither can I...
I live next to Australia though T_T
Mr Smith
Ah... the da vinci code...

Last two numbers added to each other, starting at one.

1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21....

Bloddy good thing to get your student's math skills up if your a teacher, NO CALCULATERS
hanay
1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13... those happen to be fibonacci numbers, Mr. Smith. Not the da vinci code. XD
Vrythramax
hanay wrote:
1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13... those happen to be fibonacci numbers, Mr. Smith. Not the da vinci code. XD

Nice one hanay, at least you are well up on your reading!

Cheers!
HDirtwater
I don't know about anyone else, but I read the book and thought it sucked. It was more of a lecture than a novel. The movie better not suck as bad as the book.
mathiaus
Ive done the symbol part but now I have to name the shown symbol and I sware its a triangle but ive triangle, equalateral trinagle (spelt correctly though), fire triangle, pryamid, all with and withut caps but nothing seems to work Sad Am I missing something?
Mr Smith
Ooh crap!

I thought of fibbonachi, but I thought it was a musician (rofl)
Assiez
Mr Smith wrote:
Ooh crap!

I thought of fibbonachi, but I thought it was a musician (rofl)

haha math n00b. Wink

and this post was useful, I saw it before it was open and had forgotten about it until I saw this.

also for the shape question, you see where it says "a visit to CCC.com could prove to be fruitful". Follow that advice.
alkady
I live in Canada so I can't participate. But I did play a few puzzles. But sadly I cannot understand the concept. Can someone explain? I'm not much of a math guy.
Vrythramax
mathiaus wrote:
Ive done the symbol part but now I have to name the shown symbol and I sware its a triangle but ive triangle, equalateral trinagle (spelt correctly though), fire triangle, pryamid, all with and withut caps but nothing seems to work Sad Am I missing something?

err.."triangle"?...spelled correctly also Wink